Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca/amazon.ca

Locked: Wear24 Google WearOS 2.29 Smartwatch by Verizon $40 (Certified Refurbished)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 17th, 2019 12:46 am
Mar 18, 2003
193 posts
128 upvotes
Calgary
nzoka wrote: Anyone had a similar situation described below?
Of late, i do not get notifications of sms messages on my watch. When i open the messages app on the watch, all the messages are there.
Other notifications such as emails, mydlink app etc come through fine on the phone as they also show up on the phone notification bar. A sms notificationn will show up on the phone as well as in the android messages webpage on my windows laptop ( could that be conflicting with the watch notifications?) but will not show up in the watch notifications.
I use android messages on my Pixel 2 xl phone on the Fido network which supports RCS.
My wear OS app version on my phone is 2.15.0.207193535.gms. The watch version is: 2.15.0.207732242
My watch is in airplane mode with both bluetooth and wifi turned on.
In the 'Notifications section of my phone' i found earlier that 'messages' was blocked from notifying the watch, but after deleting that and resetting both phone and watch, i still do not get sms notifications on the watch.
Fixed. I uninstalled the watch 'messages' app and reinstalled it and now the notifications come through fine.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2012
1175 posts
446 upvotes
Ottawa
jackass_ca wrote: Actually, I had quoted the version wrong. I have 2.16 on my Huawatch already. What is supposed to be different? I see the google fit difference.
So, I have version 2.16.0.214308073 on my watch but the only difference I see is the google fit enhancements. If I swipe left or right on the watch face, it just changes the watchface, as before. If I swipe down, it's still the same settings, airplane mode, etc as before. If I swipe up, it is the notifications.
Ya the version numbering is weird but that is NOT the UI overhaul update. I also have 2.16 and before that it was 2.15, these are considered Wear OS 1.6, the new one will be Wear OS 2.1.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wear_OS#Version_history
Last edited by WellHung on Oct 1st, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 28, 2010
416 posts
91 upvotes
Montreal
got an update this morning and now i can swipe left/right to get GA/Fit
Aug 26, 2016
58 posts
34 upvotes
I got the update. I turned off my watch and turned it back on and the update appeared when it loaded into the os Smiling Face With SunglassesSmiling Face With Sunglasses

Edit: And the cloud icon with the cross through it is gone!
Jul 20, 2012
261 posts
161 upvotes
Alright so I just received the watch, I got it as refurbished but it looks pretty damn new. Only downside is that the sticky peel that protected the screen is super sh*t quality, when I peeled it, it left a lot of glue residue. What should I use to clean it?

I also read that the motorola charger. which was what came with it, is bad for the watch? Is that true? I don't have any other wireless charger :(

Edit: Searched the thread, hot water + qtips.
So the moto cradle is fine, its just the charger that's connected to the cradle that has issues? Mine came with a "Just Wireless" charger. https://www.amazon.com/Just-Wireless-Co ... B017RL4RYE . I think I'll just use my own for now, don't know if I should risk this charger.
Last edited by VitaXllent on Oct 1st, 2018 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 17, 2007
233 posts
93 upvotes
Waiting for new ebay coupons to come out again.
Nov 13, 2013
357 posts
253 upvotes
Toronto
Can anyone recommend a wall charger that they used with the motorolla dock which did not heat up while charging?
Apr 19, 2012
840 posts
254 upvotes
TORONTO
bought the new one and not the refurbished. Did yours come with a verizon box or just a cardboard box?
May 8, 2015
345 posts
296 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I just plugged it into my computer's USB 2.0 port, it seems to be fine that way.
Dec 21, 2016
21 posts
13 upvotes
Ajax
VitaXllent wrote: Alright so I just received the watch, I got it as refurbished but it looks pretty damn new. Only downside is that the sticky peel that protected the screen is super sh*t quality, when I peeled it, it left a lot of glue residue. What should I use to clean it?

I also read that the motorola charger. which was what came with it, is bad for the watch? Is that true? I don't have any other wireless charger :(

Edit: Searched the thread, hot water + qtips.
So the moto cradle is fine, its just the charger that's connected to the cradle that has issues? Mine came with a "Just Wireless" charger. https://www.amazon.com/Just-Wireless-Co ... B017RL4RYE . I think I'll just use my own for now, don't know if I should risk this charger.
Im just using my 4 bank usb wall charger right now as the provided one wouldn't charge it most of the time. I'm assuming any good 2A output unit/charger would do just fine for you.

Dale C
Jul 20, 2012
261 posts
161 upvotes
Next123 wrote: bought the new one and not the refurbished. Did yours come with a verizon box or just a cardboard box?
Came in white cardboard box.
Apr 19, 2012
840 posts
254 upvotes
TORONTO
strange so it came today, put it on the cradle and charger it came with....Still not charging after 30 mins..... am i doing something wrong?
May 31, 2018
45 posts
76 upvotes
CanadaDealSeeker wrote: got an update this morning and now i can swipe left/right to get GA/Fit
Just to confirm. did you receive this update on Verizon Wear24?
Banned
Oct 26, 2016
444 posts
297 upvotes
Next123 wrote: strange so it came today, put it on the cradle and charger it came with....Still not charging after 30 mins..... am i doing something wrong?
Try a different charger brick, if still doesn't charge then also try changing the cable.
Dec 9, 2007
338 posts
74 upvotes
Will this watch get the latest Wear OS update that was rolled out recently?
Apr 19, 2012
840 posts
254 upvotes
TORONTO
d0m056 wrote: Try a different charger brick, if still doesn't charge then also try changing the cable.
I think i may have gotten a dud, which is unfortunate. Tried the charger/cables that came with box and 3 other charging bricks/cables and still it won;t turn on. The white light comes on on the cradle.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
4104 posts
2980 upvotes
Kitchener
What's the battery life like on these watches? Asking for a friend.
Why can't we all just get along?
Aug 26, 2016
58 posts
34 upvotes
flair.14 wrote: Will this watch get the latest Wear OS update that was rolled out recently?
Yes I got it this afternoon. Feels like a completely new watch now!
Oct 28, 2016
156 posts
367 upvotes
MysticDeth12 wrote: Yes I got it this afternoon. Feels like a completely new watch now!
Can you check if you got this version 2.16.0.21?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)