• May 24th, 2019 10:15 am
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3028 posts
1904 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
Rogido wrote:
May 8th, 2019 8:08 pm
Anyone has any comment on this puppy? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/WG191-WORX-56V- ... 0008.m2219

Is this a decent deal? I'm thinking of buying both mower and the whacker so I can swap batteries and have 2 chargers.
I have this trimmer. I'm actually on my second one. The first one died because a magnet on the motor came seperated. I bought a tool only one on Amazon for $115.
I like this tool alot. It lasts around 30 minutes which is long enough for me.
Some negatives; the spool is directly connected to the motor shaft, so if it breaks, it's difficult to replace. The spool advance is located on the spool and can come in contact with debris (eg: rocks) and can damage the spool advance.
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Sep 3, 2006
222 posts
71 upvotes
Montreal
I missed that 20% off promo.. Can I expect it to comeback? I'm in need of a lawnmower but I'm really cheap... Is it a good product or should I look for something else?

Thank you!
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3024 posts
1593 upvotes
Canada
Anfaax wrote:
May 2nd, 2019 11:00 pm
Reviews show an issue with the battery life on these mowers. I would be weary buying this
PriceHunter wrote:
May 8th, 2019 9:00 pm
I am very weary of buying a battery operated lawn mower after the Remington I got 3 years ago crapped out.
Do people not know the difference between weary and leery? Or wary? Lol!
Mar 14, 2006
102 posts
57 upvotes
LOL...probably not...it's like the many people writing "mute point" when they mean "moot point".

I guess what's more important is that we all know what they mean to say :-)
Jul 29, 2013
232 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
Been doing some research and decided to go with this Green Works one which is on clearance at CT! Initially was going to get the Yard Works version but I'm pretty sure it would have broken down after a year. It is corded which I'm fine with because I don't want to spend hundreds on a replacement battery in the future.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/gree ... 01719.html
Deal Addict
Sep 12, 2017
1502 posts
124 upvotes
robertro wrote:
May 23rd, 2019 9:07 am
LOL...probably not...it's like the many people writing "mute point" when they mean "moot point".

I guess what's more important is that we all know what they mean to say :-)
English is a bizarre language. If things were only spelled and pronounced the same way. It is not a very logical or intuitive language.
Jan 22, 2019
124 posts
98 upvotes
I went with the Ryobi 40v 5Ah 20" lawnmower for $299 instead. I've already done a few passes (I mow weekly) and it's incredible!