• Last Updated:
  • May 30th, 2013 9:58 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Mar 5, 2013
271 posts
36 upvotes
Riel

Ebay coupon

Anything along the lines of a coupon code.
$10 off would be awesome! Thnks.
5 replies
Member
May 22, 2013
214 posts
32 upvotes
Coupon for what?

eBay is not like buying from an e-tailer like Land's End. On eBay you're dealing with hundreds of thousands of independent sellers who set their own prices and receive payment from you directly (via PayPal.)

There's no such thing as a universal discount coupon you can use with any eBay seller, if that's what you mean.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
513 upvotes
GVR
AxisRey wrote: Coupon for what?

eBay is not like buying from an e-tailer like Land's End. On eBay you're dealing with hundreds of thousands of independent sellers who set their own prices and receive payment from you directly (via PayPal.)

There's no such thing as a universal discount coupon you can use with any eBay seller, if that's what you mean.
Actually, there are universal discount codes on ebay. One popped up not too long ago for $10 off any purchase. It died within a couple of hours of being posted on RFD.

So while they may exist, they're not something you're likely to find very often.
Member
May 22, 2013
214 posts
32 upvotes
UnCeo wrote: Actually, there are universal discount codes on ebay. One popped up not too long ago for $10 off any purchase. It died within a couple of hours of being posted on RFD.
Umm . . . because it was bogus maybe? I've been an eBay seller for 15 years and I think I would have gotten an e-mail from them if such a thing legitimately existed. To say nothing of the fact that as an indepenent seller, eBay doesn't get to tell me I need to start taking coupons that they issue.
[OP]
Banned
Mar 5, 2013
271 posts
36 upvotes
Riel
Thats why I asked for possible a $10 coupon like the one posted in April. It went fast 150 uses I think.
AxisRey, it does exist and not bogus. There is a thread on it. Look it up!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 4, 2006
2332 posts
513 upvotes
GVR
AxisRey wrote: Umm . . . because it was bogus maybe? I've been an eBay seller for 15 years and I think I would have gotten an e-mail from them if such a thing legitimately existed. To say nothing of the fact that as an indepenent seller, eBay doesn't get to tell me I need to start taking coupons that they issue.
Me and I'm guessing several hundred users used it successfully. Universal codes are viewed the same as cash from the sellers side, you still get however much the item sold for.

Top