Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3932 posts
2655 upvotes
London

ebay gsp

noticed today that the global shipping program seems to be broken and some items well over $20 are not being charged the import fee were others are.

here are 2 example items both priced at $149.99 usd one had $0 import fee other has $24.75 import fee witch is about right

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Atari-2600-EMPI ... SwVblcy3y5

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1983-Donkey-Kon ... SwNcRdwK0e

did something charge that is letting ebay not have to charge imports on some items or is there system just broken.
2 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
29394 posts
14896 upvotes
Something broke.
I bought $300 worth of lock cylinders for $0 import fees. Oddly enough I was being charged properly(ish) when I changed the quantity to 10. 9 was free though.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3932 posts
2655 upvotes
London
Look like ebay has made changes to There GSP it is now gonna be called eBay International Shipping Program and looks like the changes started in aug but sellers who were opted in to GSP are slowly being changed over.

some changes that i've seen so far.

in the terms it says that if u return something because u change your mind u won't get a refund for the shipping cost or any import fees. i can see the shipping cost but import fees is odd since customs will refund import fees it u show them u returned the item. so ebay should be able to get refunds for import fees and pass them back. they also say u will have return the item to an address ebay provides at your cost.

for damaged items or not as described it says for these u will get a refund for the shipping cost and import fees also states ebay will provide a pre paid label to return the item. with the old global shipping progarm ebay was just refunding these with no return required when shipped though GSP.

some other changes i've seen in doing an order with a seller using this the seller Did not ship the package to Piney Bowes in KY

the package was shipped to GLENDALE HEIGHTS, IL US. fedex should be delivering it there today. so far ebay has not provided a secondary tracking number to track the package beyond leaving the us with GSP this was provided up front so u could track it from the pitney bowes site and then when it cleared customs pitney bowes would provide u the Canadian shippers tracking number. guess will see how that works now