Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
eBay.ca

iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Holder $19.99 + Free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2015 1:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2005
3176 posts
691 upvotes

[eBay.ca] iOttie Easy One Touch 2 Car Holder $19.99 + Free shipping

I've been looking for a good phone holder for my car and noticed this on sale @ eBay.

Last time this went on sale was from Amazon.ca in November 2014 for $19.99 but you needed $5 filler for free shipping so for $19.99 with free shipping, this is good enough for me.

The iOttie Easy One Touch 2 has great reviews (4.7 out of 5) on Amazon.
http://www.amazon.ca/iOttie-Holder-iPho ... ewpoints=1

Link to the buy it now auction on eBay:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/221662309063
37 replies
Deal Addict
May 22, 2006
1521 posts
854 upvotes
Toronto
I can find China knockoff for a 1/4 the price. Weak
Member since 2006

Fido- $40/15GB
Curren phone: Samsung s20FE
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1102 posts
116 upvotes
Markham/RH/Scarb
Seems similar in quality to what you'd find on dx or aliexpress... should purchase through ebates for an additional 1% cb
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
1490 posts
334 upvotes
keljai wrote: I can find China knockoff for a 1/4 the price. Weak
excellent, so how about you post those links to knockoffs, your post is just that = weak
Oct 29, 2009
401 posts
74 upvotes
Thanks op, bought 5! Perfect for Xmas stuffers
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15150 posts
6718 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have this holder for both my vehicles and the gel suction pad is extremely grippy and will stay on any flat dash surfaces. The only issue I found was that if you have the adjustable arm extended, the phone ends up vibrating quite a bit. But it's well built and quite sturdy.
Apr 27, 2007
226 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
that gel pad looks interesting. I'm wondering if I can just put those sticky gel pads on a suction cup...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2001
9090 posts
10550 upvotes
Toronto
I have this mount and it works well with my Note 4. I would recommend it.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1630 posts
269 upvotes
I bought an IOttle as a present a while back. I love the suction. It would stick to a bare brick. To have seen it, I would happily pay $15 for that suction alone, I have bought a 3rd party silicon pad which is noway as nice as this. The rest of the mechanism, may be worth $3 like the ones from DX, so this is still a good buy IMO. I don't have a car or I would be all over this.
Apr 27, 2007
226 posts
21 upvotes
Toronto
I was googling this and i heard the sticky part will melt in hot weather.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1987 posts
247 upvotes
unknown1 wrote: I was googling this and i heard the sticky part will melt in hot weather.
I've had this one for my Galaxy Nexus for about 2 years and recently had to upgrade to the iOttie XL for my OnePlus. Both had been in my car during hot summer days in the parking lot and they are working well (the suction part did not melt).
Jul 17, 2010
348 posts
376 upvotes
I am using the XL version for my Note 3 for almost a year. iOttie holders are definitely worth extra money. Unlike other cheap crap from ebay, these holds are well construct and the phone very steady under normal driving condition.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
20558 posts
9073 upvotes
Toronto
Overpriced. You can buy ones for $5.
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1630 posts
269 upvotes
unknown1 wrote: I was googling this and i heard the sticky part will melt in hot weather.
The one I bought was used in the tropics where incar temperature can reach more than 50 degrees. If it doesn't melt there, I am sure it's okay for Canada. Dunno about cracking in the cold though
Deal Fanatic
Jan 10, 2010
7291 posts
2904 upvotes
Calgary
Yup. I am more interested in how well it will perform in the cold. I haven't found one suction cup that doesn't fall off periodically over the winter.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5581 posts
2441 upvotes
I wish they would make this design with Qi charger built in.
Sep 24, 2010
132 posts
43 upvotes
I've personally purchased the previous generation of this for both myself and as gifts (6 in total so far) and I definitely recommend those. All of them are in use in GTA weather conditions (cars parked outside) and none of them have any problems since I got them over 2 years ago.

As a note for this one, the OP forgot to link the amazon.COM site, this product is rated #1 in the Best Sellers in Cell Phone Car Cradles & Mounts, with over 3000 reviews averaging 4.5/5 [http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/wi ... s_1_4_last]

I bought the previous ones at USD25, I'd buy these ones in a heartbeat at CAD20... if my current ones ever needed replacing.

As ideas for uses:
- one set up in my car
- one on my office desk with an NFC tag on it to quickly adjust my ringer, brightness, alarms, etc...
- one set up on the side of my fridge so I can have my phone propped up while I'm cooking in the kitchen; so I can look at my messages, recipes, and toggle my music with one free pinky finger (if you cook, you know how much of a hassle it is to manipulate your phone when both hands are covered in food)
Poco wrote: I have a couple of flozu suction mounts from XtremeGuard and quite happy with them. They are $2.99 after using the coupon code Hot85.

http://www.xtremeguard.com/category-s/268.htm
The flozu is a 2-handed operation, the iOttie ones are 1-handed simple press and the spring jaws grip the phone.