• Jul 11th, 2020 10:57 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2449 posts
1184 upvotes

eBay issues: how to get eBay to "step in"

I never had an issue before where I needed to return something back. Sellers usually took great effort initiative to make things right.

This time it's different. I initiated a "return" for goods not as described which is what eBay's directions say I should do. Immediately, I receive an auto-generated email from eBay saying the return was approved. There was conflicting info saying I should wait for the seller to contact me, but that never happened. I then contacted the seller who really doesn't care. I read further in eBay's maze that I can request they "step in" for a resolution but I see no option. It's been more than 5 days now and the status of my request is saying they're waiting for me to return the item and I can ask pay for a label, but at the same time there's a blurb that says the seller is responsible for shipping. This is so confusing. I even tried calling eBay but they just have a recording to visit them on their website. There's no option to contact a real person.

I'm thinking of just letting things slide and file a dispute with my credit card company on this. Has anyone been in this situation recently?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2015
1215 posts
475 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Their customer service if you can call it that is the definition of useless

Might as well have an automated system instead of paying these morons to read scripted responses that dont even make sense
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3639 posts
2302 upvotes
London
i believe u have to wait 7 days before the escalate option comes up it may even be longer now i know that paypal bumped the time a seller has to reply to a case from 10 days to 20 days when covid started. u can contact c/s there phone system has been down though since the covid thing started the only contact options now are a live chat or email
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2015
1215 posts
475 upvotes
Calgary, AB
They definitely have a call me option but like I said, you may as well bang your head against a wall than waste time dealing with them

I would only ever consider buying anything from ebay if it's free or practically free using a coupon/promo.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2002
6631 posts
1298 upvotes
Read up on the process. After a certain point in time you should get your refund. If the seller hasn't authorized the return then too bad for him. I believe eBay will probably simply allow you to keep the goods.
Oct 21, 2011
88 posts
21 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Did you pay with Paypal? Try to initiate the dispute from the Paypal transaction. In most disputes, Paypal favors buyer heavily.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)