Expired Hot Deals

eBay.com

Citizen Eco-Drive Silver Dial Black Leather Mens Watch AW1236-03A

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 30th, 2016 12:22 pm
[OP]
Banned
User avatar
Mar 7, 2016
14 posts
7 upvotes

[eBay.com] Citizen Eco-Drive Silver Dial Black Leather Mens Watch AW1236-03A

Citizen Eco-Drive Silver Dial Black Leather Mens Watch AW1236-03A

Item condition:New with tags

List price: $165.00
You save: $82.01 (49% off)
Now: US $82.99

Image
23 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10546 posts
4598 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Shipping: $20.22 International Priority Shipping to Canada via the Global Shipping Program
Deal Expert
User avatar
Aug 6, 2001
16588 posts
4328 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
You can find similar styles on amazon.ca with free shipping within the same price range.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Aug 27, 2014
7277 posts
3450 upvotes
Canuckland
$20 shipping is a deal killer and keep in mind these are USD.
Member
Jan 25, 2012
323 posts
98 upvotes
I just LOVE the Eco-Drive. Bought one with stainless steel band years back on eBay for similar amount with free shipping and it's been great! No more battery replacement and it keeps time very accurately - only a few seconds off every half a year or so when compared to the atomic clock. I highly recommend it.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3872 posts
2787 upvotes
Calgary
rdfnewbe wrote: I just LOVE the Eco-Drive. Bought one with stainless steel band years back on eBay for similar amount with free shipping and it's been great! No more battery replacement and it keeps time very accurately - only a few seconds off every half a year or so when compared to the atomic clock. I highly recommend it.
me too except mine is radio controlled so I get atomic time accuracy daily! i liked the 1st one so much that I purchased a second - 1 for work/formal occasions & 1 for casual use (different model ofcos).

fwiw, Lee Ka Shing in an interview says he wears Seiko's version (kinetic drive) of this as a DD. he even says why should he wear something expensive & exotic when these watches carry much better time with zero effort.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10546 posts
4598 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
scotsum wrote:
rdfnewbe wrote: I just LOVE the Eco-Drive. Bought one with stainless steel band years back on eBay for similar amount with free shipping and it's been great! No more battery replacement and it keeps time very accurately - only a few seconds off every half a year or so when compared to the atomic clock. I highly recommend it.
me too except mine is radio controlled so I get atomic time accuracy daily! i liked the 1st one so much that I purchased a second - 1 for work/formal occasions & 1 for casual use (different model ofcos).

fwiw, Lee Ka Shing in an interview says he wears Seiko's version (kinetic drive) of this as a DD. he even says why should he wear something expensive & exotic when these watches carry much better time with zero effort.
Great, now if I only known who that is...
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 15, 2008
9710 posts
2726 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote:
scotsum wrote:
rdfnewbe wrote: I just LOVE the Eco-Drive. Bought one with stainless steel band years back on eBay for similar amount with free shipping and it's been great! No more battery replacement and it keeps time very accurately - only a few seconds off every half a year or so when compared to the atomic clock. I highly recommend it.
me too except mine is radio controlled so I get atomic time accuracy daily! i liked the 1st one so much that I purchased a second - 1 for work/formal occasions & 1 for casual use (different model ofcos).

fwiw, Lee Ka Shing in an interview says he wears Seiko's version (kinetic drive) of this as a DD. he even says why should he wear something expensive & exotic when these watches carry much better time with zero effort.
Great, now if I only known who that is...
Richest man in Hong Kong think net worth in the 20+ billions.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 11, 2012
3872 posts
2787 upvotes
Calgary
chinesedevil wrote:
Andro wrote:
scotsum wrote:

me too except mine is radio controlled so I get atomic time accuracy daily! i liked the 1st one so much that I purchased a second - 1 for work/formal occasions & 1 for casual use (different model ofcos).

fwiw, Lee Ka Shing in an interview says he wears Seiko's version (kinetic drive) of this as a DD. he even says why should he wear something expensive & exotic when these watches carry much better time with zero effort.
Great, now if I only known who that is...
Richest man in Hong Kong think net worth in the 20+ billions.
lols yaaa & he only owns Husky Oil & a whole swarth of prime waterfront properties in Vancouver (& god knows where else in Canada). regardless, buddy's def not in the poor broke & destitute basket & can afford any freakin watch he wants...& he picks a solar powered (seiko kinetic) cheapie (by his standards) watch.
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
OP needs to update title with price (and shipping)
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14560 posts
4506 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Andro wrote:
scotsum wrote:
rdfnewbe wrote: I just LOVE the Eco-Drive. Bought one with stainless steel band years back on eBay for similar amount with free shipping and it's been great! No more battery replacement and it keeps time very accurately - only a few seconds off every half a year or so when compared to the atomic clock. I highly recommend it.
me too except mine is radio controlled so I get atomic time accuracy daily! i liked the 1st one so much that I purchased a second - 1 for work/formal occasions & 1 for casual use (different model ofcos).

fwiw, Lee Ka Shing in an interview says he wears Seiko's version (kinetic drive) of this as a DD. he even says why should he wear something expensive & exotic when these watches carry much better time with zero effort.
Great, now if I only known who that is...
You don't know who Lee Ka Shing is? lol (Actually it's Li Ka Shing)
Sr. Member
Sep 2, 2007
754 posts
251 upvotes
Good luck with this if you are foolish enough to waste you money like I did once

I am willing to bet the seller is really a company in Florida that has a thousand names along with a thousand scams

Warranty: Non-Factory Warranty
aka you really do not get a warranty. The "warranty" on the watch I bought had so many up front return charges it rendered the warranty useless

US $20.22
Another poster noted the deal killing shipping
In addition there would be duty and duty handling fees that the carrier charges

I have a beautiful looking Seiko divers watch for sale if anyone is interested
By the way there is no usable warranty and it will not hold a charge.

I also have a Seiko Kinetic that is at least 30 years old and is worn every day.
It looks like it has been through a war.
The crystal is cracked and fixed with super glue.
It keeps perfect time and will hold a charge if not worn for over two weeks
Last edited by billrush on Sep 29th, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10546 posts
4598 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Rogido wrote:
Andro wrote:
scotsum wrote:

me too except mine is radio controlled so I get atomic time accuracy daily! i liked the 1st one so much that I purchased a second - 1 for work/formal occasions & 1 for casual use (different model ofcos).

fwiw, Lee Ka Shing in an interview says he wears Seiko's version (kinetic drive) of this as a DD. he even says why should he wear something expensive & exotic when these watches carry much better time with zero effort.
Great, now if I only known who that is...
You don't know who Lee Ka Shing is? lol (Actually it's Li Ka Shing)
No. I know I should keep my list of billionaires memorized, but I didn't (
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 11, 2004
3524 posts
2027 upvotes
Airdrie
scotsum wrote: Seiko's version (kinetic drive) of this
scotsum wrote: a solar powered (seiko kinetic) cheapie (by his standards) watch.
FWIW, Seiko Kinetics are not solar powered. They're actually a hybrid automatic/quartz movement that uses arm motion to charge a capacitor, and are generally somewhat more expensive than Seiko Solars. Still cheap by bilionaire standards though.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Member
Aug 8, 2010
316 posts
244 upvotes
Quebec
I live ecodrives, BUT never drop them from more than 2-3 feet high. They auto destroy in the process, I just sent my second in for repair and waiting on a quote.

Live and learn, I'm not paying more than 150$ for a watch/citizen anymore.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
May 11, 2009
7293 posts
3869 upvotes
Debtario
Agreed, nothing special here.

If it's in your budget, I'd wait for a sale on a Citizen AT solar/radio controlled watch like this: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005BS2ENC/ref ... exbQTTNCA5

There is also the Casio Oceanus line, basically a solar/atomic g-shock but in dress watch form, titanium, sapphire and all: http://www.seiyajapan.com/products/ocw-s100-1ajf

Lots of choices out there, it's all about your budget, features, and what look you are after.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14560 posts
4506 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Andro wrote:
Rogido wrote:
Andro wrote:

Great, now if I only known who that is...
You don't know who Lee Ka Shing is? lol (Actually it's Li Ka Shing)
No. I know I should keep my list of billionaires memorized, but I didn't (
C'mon, it's not like you need to memorize Bill Gates' and Warren Buffet's names, do you?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47568 posts
8183 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jslabonte wrote: I live ecodrives, BUT never drop them from more than 2-3 feet high. They auto destroy in the process, I just sent my second in for repair and waiting on a quote.

Live and learn, I'm not paying more than 150$ for a watch/citizen anymore.
Citizen Ecodrives aren't actually that expensive. I have the Axiom, it's a poor man's Movado Classic, and arguably better because of Ecodrive.
Deal Guru
User avatar
Jan 8, 2006
10546 posts
4598 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Rogido wrote:
Andro wrote:
Rogido wrote:

You don't know who Lee Ka Shing is? lol (Actually it's Li Ka Shing)
No. I know I should keep my list of billionaires memorized, but I didn't (
C'mon, it's not like you need to memorize Bill Gates' and Warren Buffet's names, do you?
Those names come up quite often, whereas I never heard of that person.

Top