You save: $82.01 (49% off)
Now: US $82.99

23 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9886 posts
3630 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Shipping: $20.22 International Priority Shipping to Canada via the Global Shipping Program
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15515 posts
3419 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
You can find similar styles on amazon.ca with free shipping within the same price range.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
6260 posts
2541 upvotes
Canuckland
$20 shipping is a deal killer and keep in mind these are USD.
Jan 25, 2012
289 posts
72 upvotes
I just LOVE the Eco-Drive. Bought one with stainless steel band years back on eBay for similar amount with free shipping and it's been great! No more battery replacement and it keeps time very accurately - only a few seconds off every half a year or so when compared to the atomic clock. I highly recommend it.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3498 posts
2175 upvotes
Calgary
rdfnewbe wrote: I just LOVE the Eco-Drive. Bought one with stainless steel band years back on eBay for similar amount with free shipping and it's been great! No more battery replacement and it keeps time very accurately - only a few seconds off every half a year or so when compared to the atomic clock. I highly recommend it.
me too except mine is radio controlled so I get atomic time accuracy daily! i liked the 1st one so much that I purchased a second - 1 for work/formal occasions & 1 for casual use (different model ofcos).

fwiw, Lee Ka Shing in an interview says he wears Seiko's version (kinetic drive) of this as a DD. he even says why should he wear something expensive & exotic when these watches carry much better time with zero effort.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9886 posts
3630 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
scotsum wrote:
rdfnewbe wrote: I just LOVE the Eco-Drive. Bought one with stainless steel band years back on eBay for similar amount with free shipping and it's been great! No more battery replacement and it keeps time very accurately - only a few seconds off every half a year or so when compared to the atomic clock. I highly recommend it.
me too except mine is radio controlled so I get atomic time accuracy daily! i liked the 1st one so much that I purchased a second - 1 for work/formal occasions & 1 for casual use (different model ofcos).

fwiw, Lee Ka Shing in an interview says he wears Seiko's version (kinetic drive) of this as a DD. he even says why should he wear something expensive & exotic when these watches carry much better time with zero effort.
Great, now if I only known who that is...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
9452 posts
2196 upvotes
Toronto
Andro wrote:
scotsum wrote:

Richest man in Hong Kong think net worth in the 20+ billions.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
3498 posts
2175 upvotes
Calgary
chinesedevil wrote:
Andro wrote:
scotsum wrote:

Richest man in Hong Kong think net worth in the 20+ billions.
lols yaaa & he only owns Husky Oil & a whole swarth of prime waterfront properties in Vancouver (& god knows where else in Canada). regardless, buddy's def not in the poor broke & destitute basket & can afford any freakin watch he wants...& he picks a solar powered (seiko kinetic) cheapie (by his standards) watch.
Banned
Mar 3, 2006
1198 posts
271 upvotes
Edmonton
OP needs to update title with price (and shipping)
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14080 posts
4156 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Andro wrote:
scotsum wrote:

You don't know who Lee Ka Shing is? lol (Actually it's Li Ka Shing)
Sep 2, 2007
734 posts
231 upvotes
Good luck with this if you are foolish enough to waste you money like I did once

I am willing to bet the seller is really a company in Florida that has a thousand names along with a thousand scams

Warranty: Non-Factory Warranty
aka you really do not get a warranty. The "warranty" on the watch I bought had so many up front return charges it rendered the warranty useless

US $20.22
Another poster noted the deal killing shipping
In addition there would be duty and duty handling fees that the carrier charges

I have a beautiful looking Seiko divers watch for sale if anyone is interested
By the way there is no usable warranty and it will not hold a charge.

I also have a Seiko Kinetic that is at least 30 years old and is worn every day.
It looks like it has been through a war.
The crystal is cracked and fixed with super glue.
It keeps perfect time and will hold a charge if not worn for over two weeks
Last edited by billrush on Sep 29th, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9886 posts
3630 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Rogido wrote:
Andro wrote:
scotsum wrote:

No. I know I should keep my list of billionaires memorized, but I didn't (
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3361 posts
1700 upvotes
Airdrie
scotsum wrote: Seiko's version (kinetic drive) of this
scotsum wrote: a solar powered (seiko kinetic) cheapie (by his standards) watch.
FWIW, Seiko Kinetics are not solar powered. They're actually a hybrid automatic/quartz movement that uses arm motion to charge a capacitor, and are generally somewhat more expensive than Seiko Solars. Still cheap by bilionaire standards though.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Aug 8, 2010
280 posts
183 upvotes
Quebec
I live ecodrives, BUT never drop them from more than 2-3 feet high. They auto destroy in the process, I just sent my second in for repair and waiting on a quote.

Live and learn, I'm not paying more than 150$ for a watch/citizen anymore.
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
6117 posts
2644 upvotes
Debtario
Agreed, nothing special here.

If it's in your budget, I'd wait for a sale on a Citizen AT solar/radio controlled watch like this: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B005BS2ENC/ref ... exbQTTNCA5

There is also the Casio Oceanus line, basically a solar/atomic g-shock but in dress watch form, titanium, sapphire and all: http://www.seiyajapan.com/products/ocw-s100-1ajf

Lots of choices out there, it's all about your budget, features, and what look you are after.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14080 posts
4156 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Andro wrote:
Rogido wrote:
Andro wrote:

C'mon, it's not like you need to memorize Bill Gates' and Warren Buffet's names, do you?
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
46070 posts
6560 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jslabonte wrote: I live ecodrives, BUT never drop them from more than 2-3 feet high. They auto destroy in the process, I just sent my second in for repair and waiting on a quote.

Live and learn, I'm not paying more than 150$ for a watch/citizen anymore.
Citizen Ecodrives aren't actually that expensive. I have the Axiom, it's a poor man's Movado Classic, and arguably better because of Ecodrive.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 8, 2006
9886 posts
3630 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Rogido wrote:
Andro wrote:
Rogido wrote:

C'mon, it's not like you need to memorize Bill Gates' and Warren Buffet's names, do you?
Those names come up quite often, whereas I never heard of that person.