Expired Hot Deals

[eBay.com] Samsung Galaxy S7 G930V 32GB AT&T T-Mobile Verizon LTE GSM UNLOCKED for $177.97 (refurbished)

[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
1670 posts
4347 upvotes

[eBay.com] Samsung Galaxy S7 G930V 32GB AT&T T-Mobile Verizon LTE GSM UNLOCKED for $177.97 (refurbished)

Not sure how reliable this seller is, maybe someone might have some feedback.
19 replies
Sep 29, 2017
4 posts
This is ebay.com... so it is at least 240$ CA + import fees.

Thats a big bet for a phone that had so much clones
Jan 25, 2015
395 posts
145 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Price is USD.
+ shipping & import charges
US $12.24
US $28.54
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1860 posts
1968 upvotes
Toronto, ON
LoonieDeals wrote: Price is USD.
+ shipping & import charges
US $12.24
US $28.54
EBay was so useful for international buying and this killed the point of savings. EBay seriously lost me a customer with those forced import charges and made Amazon my goto online service.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1860 posts
1968 upvotes
Toronto, ON
"This is a B+ Stock item, meaning unit is in good cosmetic condition and may have minor scrapes or scratches since it's been handled"

Really wish they were more specific. I don't care about body issues as I case on phones immediately but screen scratches are a major annoyance and irritation.
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13511 posts
3864 upvotes
London
blackston3 wrote: EBay was so useful for international buying and this killed the point of savings. EBay seriously lost me a customer with those forced import charges and made Amazon my goto online service.
You pay the same charges on Amazon. The "import charge" is just tax
Feb 10, 2014
41 posts
44 upvotes
NORTH YORK
blackston3 wrote: EBay was so useful for international buying and this killed the point of savings. EBay seriously lost me a customer with those forced import charges and made Amazon my goto online service.
Exactly! specially when you buy a second hand/refurbished device it really hurts to pay import taxes!! as if we don't already pay enough(40%income + property tax + 13% on everything you purchase)
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1860 posts
1968 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Viper98 wrote: You pay the same charges on Amazon. The "import charge" is just tax
Not always for some reason... 70/30 get charged tax on Amazon orders. But you're right! I didn't make the connection that the import charge was tax thanks
Deal Guru
Feb 19, 2008
13511 posts
3864 upvotes
London
parsani wrote: Exactly! specially when you buy a second hand/refurbished device it really hurts to pay import taxes!! as if we don't already pay enough(40%income + property tax + 13% on everything you purchase)
The import fee is your sales tax. It's not an additional fee at all. It just didn't used to be charged automatically by eBay, and instead you risked just getting hit with it at customs.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2002
7323 posts
3286 upvotes
Toronto
It's their global shipping program, in any case I prefer to see the charges upfront than get dinged by UPS at the door. Makes my decision to buy easy.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
1860 posts
1968 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Angultra wrote: It's their global shipping program, in any case I prefer to see the charges upfront than get dinged by UPS at the door. Makes my decision to buy easy.
Back then the way of the buddy system was asking the USA/UK seller if they can write and mark it as 'GIFT' when sending at the post office. They had no problem doing it since it doesn't affect them and just a checkmark. But I was never charged with custom fees from 2002/3-2014 and not sure if that was what did it (as getting custom charges was 50/50 pretty much) but it always worked Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1175 posts
1084 upvotes
VANCOUVER
I disagree. Before ebay implemented their global shipping program, most US sellers wouldn't even ship to canada. It was always so frustrating being locked out of deals when the seller would just refuse to ship to canada. Or worse, they would ship and I would be dinged with huge brokerage fees. This way, I can see thee total cost upfront and not have to worry about it. Even when things were sent canada post, I would pay tax on it 9/10 times. Usually anything over $20 I would get the bill and have to pay it at my door.
Oct 17, 2010
126 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
Picked up one of these a while ago. eBay seller toronto.cellular was fast, cheap and phone was indistinguishable from brand new, just super crappy cardboard packaging. Seemed to have tons of them.

Only catch is that it's Verizon tuned, so native VoLTE features are disabled and Samsung Pay doesn't work because it thinks you're in the US.