• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2020 1:20 am
[OP]
Mar 24, 2013
49 posts
138 upvotes

Nintendo Switch in Stock from EBGames *Just Move if Wrong Forum pls*

Dont Overpay

They have stocks arriving regularly. Just picked one Nintendo Switch for the regular price of $399.99 plus tax

When I picked up they have a few more and said supplies getting back to normal.

Located in Markham, Ontario (Castlemore and Markham Road)

was also available from other Toronto Locations I called.

It will say out of stock online but store have them.

Good Luck!
17 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2009
2050 posts
1873 upvotes
Whitby
Get-Me1 wrote: Dont Overpay

They have stocks arriving regularly. Just picked one Nintendo Switch for the regular price of $399.99 plus tax

When I picked up they have a few more and said supplies getting back to normal.

Located in Markham, Ontario (Castlemore and Markham Road)

was also available from other Toronto Locations I called.

It will say out of stock online but store have them.

Good Luck!
EXACTLY. Those verage / kijiji scammers can kick rocks. No one should be that jonesin for a console to overpay by 2x. Got mine at SDM on weekend. Take what you need and move on.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10459 posts
4866 upvotes
Switch always OOS is funny how they do there business,I guess with not making many systems so stores never have stock it makes it look like its such a hot system that (everyone) is buying but so not the case.Unless im wrong.I have no idea what there sales are but i would think ps4 and xbox one have alot more sales and are never hard to find.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!
Buy first think later!
[OP]
Mar 24, 2013
49 posts
138 upvotes
Nintendo stopped production in Feb 2020 due to Covid.

They just started shipping to stores last week as things started to open and production going back to normal.

its practically Manufacturing Plant shut down plus Covid-19 plus Quarantine = High Demand
Jan 17, 2017
150 posts
208 upvotes
blazed16 wrote: Switch always OOS is funny how they do there business,I guess with not making many systems so stores never have stock it makes it look like its such a hot system that (everyone) is buying but so not the case.Unless im wrong.I have no idea what there sales are but i would think ps4 and xbox one have alot more sales and are never hard to find.
Nintendo are just horrible at manufacturing to meet demand for anything. Happened with Gamecube (years after release they'd always sell out during holiday), happened with the Nintendogs DS bundle, happened with Wii, happened with amiibo, happened with NES and SNES Classic. Don't rely on Nintendo to anything sensible that other companies would do.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8715 posts
3084 upvotes
Nintendo Switch has already surpassed lifetime XBox One Sales earlier this year and is outpacing the PS4.

It is selling at a pace of about 22 million units per year.
GameCube only sold 22 million units lifetime and the Wii U was a massive failure (13 million units sold and outsold by PS Vita).

blazed16 wrote: Switch always OOS is funny how they do there business,I guess with not making many systems so stores never have stock it makes it look like its such a hot system that (everyone) is buying but so not the case.Unless im wrong.I have no idea what there sales are but i would think ps4 and xbox one have alot more sales and are never hard to find.
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jul 6th, 2020 8:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dec 2, 2008
79 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
Can anyone confirm any of this topic? I checked every store and I still see out of stock everywhere including ebgames. Amazon still listing it at 600$.
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2329 posts
358 upvotes
Nintendo sold more Switch units in April and the PS4/PS4 Pro and XBO/S/X combined. And the Switch has already outsold the XBO period, and day-to-date in their respective life cycles has also outsold the PS4.
[OP]
Mar 24, 2013
49 posts
138 upvotes
boobnewb wrote: Can anyone confirm any of this topic? I checked every store and I still see out of stock everywhere including ebgames. Amazon still listing it at 600$.
Did you call the store or Check Online?
Dec 2, 2008
79 posts
21 upvotes
Montreal
I checked stock tracker for store inventory and online. All sold out. I'm in Montreal though.
Aug 20, 2009
8003 posts
2925 upvotes
Grimsby
Mark1381 wrote: Nintendo are just horrible at manufacturing to meet demand for anything. Happened with Gamecube (years after release they'd always sell out during holiday), happened with the Nintendogs DS bundle, happened with Wii, happened with amiibo, happened with NES and SNES Classic. Don't rely on Nintendo to anything sensible that other companies would do.
They've had that reputation in the past for sure but this time they are making them as fast as they can and can't meet demand.
[OP]
Mar 24, 2013
49 posts
138 upvotes
boobnewb wrote: I checked stock tracker for store inventory and online. All sold out. I'm in Montreal though.

Online Stock availability not accurate

As I stated in my post, Online will say OOS but called a few stores and they have them in stock.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 13, 2012
6972 posts
958 upvotes
Ottawa
Is there going to be a flood of used Switches, when the pepe who bought them have to go back to work?

On a side note, if it worth buying one if I already have a Wii U? I understand quite a few games, such as Mario Kart and the 2D Mario game are basically rereleases.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8715 posts
3084 upvotes
The Switch is way better than the Wii U. Not many people are willing to part with a used Switch compared to those looking to sell off a Wii U.

Many of the series continuations of the Switch are the best yet but the previous games on the Wii U were the worst in the series
(Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival, Mario Party 10, Mario Tennis Ultra Smash were awful games on the WIi U but their sequels on the Switch are among the best games out there).

Others games like Super Smash added a full story mode, every smash character from all previous games, and still have 2 seasons of additional new DLC characters.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has all the DLC content which would be over $50 for just the DLC for the Wii U version, plus it is 1080p/60 FPS now instead
of 720p on the Wii U. There are about 6 characters that are exclusive to the Switch version too.
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Is there going to be a flood of used Switches, when the pepe who bought them have to go back to work?

On a side note, if it worth buying one if I already have a Wii U? I understand quite a few games, such as Mario Kart and the 2D Mario game are basically rereleases.
Aug 20, 2009
8003 posts
2925 upvotes
Grimsby
ConsoleWatcher wrote: Is there going to be a flood of used Switches, when the pepe who bought them have to go back to work?

I doubt there will be a flood of used Switches, there is a fairly consistent stream of quality titles for it. Sure there are some re-releases but there's also a lot of original stuff and a few of the best games of this gen are on the Switch IMO.

Just check a best of list for the console and see if anything there resonates with you. If not then save your money /shrug