[OP]
Jun 15, 2019
281 posts
483 upvotes

Internet (ON) 75/10 $43 or 50/10 $40. 1 year contract

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Ebox.ca
Moved out of the province and ebox still owed me $77. Their policy prevent them from issuing a credit card refund and they can't mail a check to other provinces (only ON,QC). Sorry....
Fine... Here's a friend's address, send it there. 2 months pass, check doesn't arrive. Call them up to send a new one - $17 fee. Payable now!

Frick this.
Last edited by rokask on Jul 23rd, 2021 6:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
247 replies
Jul 6, 2010
956 posts
2086 upvotes
Toronto
Price is good, but billing complaints in the reviews on Google and elsewhere are what made me hesitate to sign up.
i am upside down
May 22, 2004
640 posts
226 upvotes
Montreal
umopapisdnwei wrote: Price is good, but billing complaints in the reviews on Google and elsewhere are what made me hesitate to sign up.
FWIW, been with Ebox probably 7 years through 3 moves and I don't think they have ever messed up my bill.

Edit: If I could turn these upvotes into referrals I would be rich!
Last edited by orakle22 on Aug 4th, 2020 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2009
1931 posts
1547 upvotes
Montreal
I'm on EBOX in Qc and I have never had a billing error in 6 years with 2 moves.
Oct 29, 2010
368 posts
579 upvotes
Quebec
Very happy with ebox, 2 years with them after Videotron and Bell. And they dont magically increase your bill. No contract.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1133 posts
1346 upvotes
Toronto
Was with them for almost 3 years, they messed up my bills - double charging twice and overcharged by some random amount 3 times.. I eventually got my money back, but it was a lot of time wasted on the phone with them. I guess my issue was that I had two accounts with them, one for my house and one for my parents. Both under my name and email, just different addresses.
Mar 16, 2018
894 posts
985 upvotes
Hamilton
They also have a 15/10 DSL deal for $33, which I think is pretty hot if you don't have a ton of users: Image
Nov 21, 2007
134 posts
127 upvotes
Oakville
I've been with ebox for over 5 years. Had cable and then switched to dsl since they didn't have cable service where I moved in the GTA. Only hiccup I had was during that switch, they messed up the disconnection date and left me without internet for a week.. Otherwise, very happy with them. Pm me for a referral code, we both get a dollar off our monthly bill.

I was on a 30$ 50/10 contract last year, called in when it expired and they gave me the 40$ one. Not great but not terrible.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5966 posts
2173 upvotes
Mort Réal
The prorated bills when you sign up or change your plan can be a bit confused, especially because they bill like like 1 month and a half ahead of time, but if you know how to do math, as confused as the actual bill is, the charges are always fine. Been with them for 7+ years and changed my plan recently to accommodate for telework. They also waived the change of plan fee (which IMO is non-sense to begin with) without much hassle.

They're not the cheapest, but the hold up very well. They also don't throttle.
I can't afford to buy cheap stuff. Therefore, I'm thirsty for deals on durable goods.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1278 posts
1019 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Ebox offers service in Quebec, but this deal is for Ontario only. In Quebec, prices are as follows (not a deal):

• Cable (Videotron): 30 for 56.95 or 100 for $64.95.
  • FTTN (Bell): 25 for $49.95 or 50 for $54.95.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2019
281 posts
483 upvotes
514AlexG wrote: Ebox offers service in Quebec, but this deal is for Ontario only. In Quebec, prices are as follows (not a deal):

• Cable (Videotron): 30 for 56.95 or 100 for $64.95.
  • FTTN (Bell): 25 for $49.95 or 50 for $54.95.
Thank you for the heads up - edited the main post.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1967 posts
356 upvotes
Toronto
This is their standard promotional price. Been with them for 4 years and their price hasn't change. Customer service is good. Occasional billing issues, but a simple email fixes everything (takes up to 1-2 months to address).
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5929 posts
4976 upvotes
Billing issues? Ewww..no thanks...I've used cheapo tpia like carrytel and cannet and even they had no billing issues. Maybe the accented workers are better at math? Lol
May 22, 2013
49 posts
64 upvotes
Toronto
Router purchase: $139.95
Router rental: $5.95/month

Same for cable and dsl.
Dec 13, 2017
15 posts
34 upvotes
I want to get their service too since Rogers contract is up next month and they don't give discount anymore. But ebox told me they need 21days for transfer. I may go with start.ca instead.
Jul 6, 2010
956 posts
2086 upvotes
Toronto
kungfupanda2 wrote: I want to get their service too since Rogers contract is up next month and they don't give discount anymore.
Rogers is still giving retention deals. See these two recent posts:
rogers-rogers-rogers-ignite-internet-gi ... #p32592660

rogers-rogers-rogers-ignite-internet-gi ... #p32592691

Contact Rogers and tell them you want the service to be canceled on June XX (whenever your contract is up) because of the price. In a day or two, you'll probably get a call back from an "Ambassador" who can offer you a deal. It might not be as good as what you have now, but it should be better than Rogers' publicly advertised rates and better than Start and Teksavvy.
i am upside down
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1666 posts
1459 upvotes
I dropped my Rogers Internet in December before going away for the winter and now pay full pop for the 75u package. I'll call in to retentions but if they won't drop me close to the Ebox deal then I'll leave them again.

The Ebox promo @ 42.95 is one year? It shows modem & router rentals at 5.95 but new customers get it included? Guess I'll have to call them too to figure out what is what. :)
Banned
May 24, 2020
2 posts
10 upvotes
Hi,

My name is Arnaud Le Blanc and I'm the social media manager for EBOX! I'm glad to hear the multiple comments on how you were pleased with your EBOX experience. If you're not, do not hesitate to contact us via Facebook or call our customer service!

Cheers,

Arnaud Le Blanc
Social Media Manager
Jul 27, 2013
45 posts
40 upvotes
Vaughan
Just an FYI. I've been with E-Box for about two years now and have been pretty happy with them. You can get a person on the phone almost right away. Lately, I wasn't impressed with my last interaction with customer service. I initially wanted to leave for the Fido deal and they said they couldn't do anything but offer me an $8 discount and I took it because their customer service was good and it's better than nothing. The manager gave me the assurance that their policy is they will honour promotional pricing and he'd do it for me if he saw a discount in the future. He also mentioned that they offer promotional pricing to existing accounts. After noticing it was not applied to my account I called in again. The new rep did not know about their own cable deal and started to get frustrated and hostile with me and asking if I just wanted to cancel. At the end of all that I did get the promo applied but that definitely left me a lot less confident in their service and loyalty to them.

I'm sure this was an exception since they've been stellar but after this experience I think I'm going to try Carrytel or go back to Tekksavy after the promo ends.

edit: I forgot that when I started my service they shipped out my router and somehow it ended up at Bell... they quickly sent me out another one though.