[OP]
Jun 15, 2019
131 posts
176 upvotes

Internet (ON) 75/10 $43 or 50/10 $40. 1 year contract

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Ebox.ca
Virgin Mobile gave me the middle finger for retention, bastards using corona as an opportunity to charge me full price after my first year deal is up. So this is what I found at the moment (Ontario):

1) Cable internet 75 Mbps down, 10 Mbps up, $43+tax
It's Roger's cable. Included in the price is a cable modem (Hitron CDA3-20), but you need to pay $15 for shipping (via Purolator). Cancelling cost is max $50, based on how many months in the year are left (something like 10% of every remaining month' s bill up to $50). Roger's technician comes to install, but he can't come in, he just stands in the doorway and you have to hook the modem up (my install date is the following Tuesday).
https://www.ebox.ca/en/ontario/resident ... =unlimited

2) Fiber To The Neighborhood (FTTN) 50 Mbps down, 10 Mbps up, $40+tax
Uses phone lines to reach you. Even if you don't have phone service, they can still use the wires as long as they're installed. They would even install a dry loop themselves (didn't ask for the cost), however, due to the corona nonsense the technician can't enter your accommodation. Their customer service person commented that since I have a Bell fiber installation, they may have pulled the phone lines out (maybe it's just a rumor this specific representative heard). Didn't want to risk it so went with the cable since I can see it dangling out of the wall.
https://www.ebox.ca/en/ontario/resident ... =unlimited

The customer representatives were very friendly and talked in clean English, no accent (called 3 times about a week apart). Not sure if the "Order" button does anything, cause I did not get a call for a few hours. Just called them up myself, paid via credit card over the phone.
Does not seem to be a too hot of a deal, but this is the best I found browsing the internet. Would have stayed with Virgin if they at least would have offered me to pay $50 instead of the full $60. Now it's matter of principle NOT to pay Virgin.
Last edited by rokask on May 22nd, 2020 10:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.
44 replies
Jul 6, 2010
323 posts
606 upvotes
Not Toronto
Price is good, but billing complaints in the reviews on Google and elsewhere are what made me hesitate to sign up.
i am upside down
May 22, 2004
568 posts
110 upvotes
Montreal
umopapisdnwei wrote: Price is good, but billing complaints in the reviews on Google and elsewhere are what made me hesitate to sign up.
FWIW, been with Ebox probably 7 years through 3 moves and I don't think they have ever messed up my bill.
Aug 15, 2009
702 posts
450 upvotes
Montreal
I'm on EBOX in Qc and I have never had a billing error in 6 years with 2 moves.
Oct 29, 2010
144 posts
176 upvotes
Quebec
Very happy with ebox, 2 years with them after Videotron and Bell. And they dont magically increase your bill. No contract.
Nov 9, 2011
810 posts
607 upvotes
Toronto
Was with them for almost 3 years, they messed up my bills - double charging twice and overcharged by some random amount 3 times.. I eventually got my money back, but it was a lot of time wasted on the phone with them. I guess my issue was that I had two accounts with them, one for my house and one for my parents. Both under my name and email, just different addresses.
Mar 16, 2018
568 posts
605 upvotes
Hamilton
They also have a 15/10 DSL deal for $33, which I think is pretty hot if you don't have a ton of users: Image
Nov 21, 2007
92 posts
57 upvotes
I've been with ebox for over 5 years. Had cable and then switched to dsl since they didn't have cable service where I moved in the GTA. Only hiccup I had was during that switch, they messed up the disconnection date and left me without internet for a week.. Otherwise, very happy with them. Pm me for a referral code, we both get a dollar off our monthly bill.

I was on a 30$ 50/10 contract last year, called in when it expired and they gave me the 40$ one. Not great but not terrible.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 17, 2007
5582 posts
1772 upvotes
The prorated bills when you sign up or change your plan can be a bit confused, especially because they bill like like 1 month and a half ahead of time, but if you know how to do math, as confused as the actual bill is, the charges are always fine. Been with them for 7+ years and changed my plan recently to accommodate for telework. They also waived the change of plan fee (which IMO is non-sense to begin with) without much hassle.

They're not the cheapest, but the hold up very well. They also don't throttle.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2009
1207 posts
900 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Ebox offers service in Quebec, but this deal is for Ontario only. In Quebec, prices are as follows (not a deal):

• Cable (Videotron): 30 for 56.95 or 100 for $64.95.
  • FTTN (Bell): 25 for $49.95 or 50 for $54.95.
[OP]
Jun 15, 2019
131 posts
176 upvotes
514AlexG wrote: Ebox offers service in Quebec, but this deal is for Ontario only. In Quebec, prices are as follows (not a deal):

• Cable (Videotron): 30 for 56.95 or 100 for $64.95.
  • FTTN (Bell): 25 for $49.95 or 50 for $54.95.
Thank you for the heads up - edited the main post.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1831 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto
This is their standard promotional price. Been with them for 4 years and their price hasn't change. Customer service is good. Occasional billing issues, but a simple email fixes everything (takes up to 1-2 months to address).
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2018
2481 posts
1801 upvotes
Billing issues? Ewww..no thanks...I've used cheapo tpia like carrytel and cannet and even they had no billing issues. Maybe the accented workers are better at math? Lol
May 22, 2013
34 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto
Router purchase: $139.95
Router rental: $5.95/month

Same for cable and dsl.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)