Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Ebox.ca

Internet (ON) 75/10 $43 or 50/10 $40. 1 year contract

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2020 7:31 pm
Jun 13, 2019
204 posts
96 upvotes
Just bought the modem and signed for 75 package. A little bit disappoint since after a credit check, they didn't allow me to have modem contract free or rent the modem, but they said if I buy I will be free from contract restriction (1y) etc. You can use your own modem for Ebox but you will pay 20$ for one-time activation. After some researches I think it's not worth my effort since I see other DOCSIS modems having Intel Puma 7 bug, but their modem (TC4400) does not have, so I get it to avoid headache (with extra 15$ shipping). Total cost is still cheaper than the same plan (Internet + rental) from Rogers and I will gain back next year.
But, I must say that a cable modem stick to Rogers network is limit a lot of possibility. Since I sign 1y rent contract, there's no mean I can quit before the contract end. But they don't give me the option to choose: First they don't apply 0 rent fee promotion, and then they don't allow me to rent it. And I must buy a cable modem just for Rogers TPIAs. Hope others have better luck than me.
If any group of 2 or 4 want one buck discount can PM me Smiling Face With Open Mouth.
Last edited by rfcclub on Jul 14th, 2020 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jun 13, 2019
204 posts
96 upvotes
spyhero wrote: How much did they charge you for the modem?
Just edit my post, total is 119.95-11.95 (one-time rebate) = 108 means 9$/ month. I don't count 15*1.13 = 16.95 shipping fee here. If I count, it will be 113$ before tax.
Rent is 5.95 ~6$ month, so in theory I will gain back after 18 months Neutral Face and have a cable modem for fun Neutral Face. Can't imagine if my modem die or damage after that day so what should they do.
Don't expect it lives longer than me, but at least it must survive for 5 yrs.
Obviously we need to count the WIFI router also, but any cheap router will work, and if you use mesh wifi so we can forget router cost.
Last edited by rfcclub on Jul 14th, 2020 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2716 posts
1936 upvotes
GTA
rfcclub wrote: Just edit my post, total is 119.95-11.95 (one-time rebate) = 108 means 9$/ month. I don't count 15*1.13 = 16.95 shipping fee here. If I count, it will be 113$ before tax.
Rent is 5.95 ~6$ month, so in theory I will gain back after 18 months.
Obviously we need to count the WIFI router also, but any cheap router will work, and if you use mesh wifi so we can forget router cost.
As per OP, "Cable internet 75 Mbps down, 10 Mbps up, $43+tax. It's Roger's cable. Included in the price is a cable modem (Hitron CDA3-20), but you need to pay $15 for shipping (via Purolator)."

I wonder why they made you buy a modem?
Jun 13, 2019
204 posts
96 upvotes
spyhero wrote: As per OP, "Cable internet 75 Mbps down, 10 Mbps up, $43+tax. It's Roger's cable. Included in the price is a cable modem (Hitron CDA3-20), but you need to pay $15 for shipping (via Purolator)."

I wonder why they made you buy a modem?
Like I said they listed in their website that new customer subject to credit check. I gave them my information, they checked and came to a conclusion that I need to pay it. I called them saying that I don't find that eligibility check elsewhere except deal page, which I understand that if I am not eligible for 0$ modem rental, I must pay the modem rent. But they said that because I don't have good credit score I am not eligible for modem rental, and then I must pay for a modem (Technicolor 4400).
I don't know but I don't have any problems from other ISPs or phone providers, even car dealers or landlords. All of them did credit check on me (urgh) and no one complaint.
Last edited by rfcclub on Jul 14th, 2020 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
rfcclub wrote: Like I said they listed in their website that new customer subject to credit check. I gave them my information, they checked and came to a conclusion that I need to pay it. I called them saying that I don't find that any eligibility check in the package detail page, which I understand that if I am not eligible for 0$ modem rental, I must pay the modem rent. But they said that because I don't have good credit score I am not eligible for modem rental, and then I must pay for a modem (Technicolor 4400).
I don't know but I don't have any problems from other ISPs or phone providers, even car dealers or landlords. All of them did credit check on me (urgh) and no one complaint.
Try IVC Telecom, which should be just as reliable.
Jun 13, 2019
204 posts
96 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Try IVC Telecom, which should be just as reliable.
Actually they said they will refund my upfront fee back. So it's a good deal though. I will provide update after 2nd bill.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2004
2716 posts
1936 upvotes
GTA
rfcclub wrote: Actually they said they will refund my upfront fee back. So it's a good deal though. I will provide update after 2nd bill.
So does that mean they are including free modem rental for $42.95 + tax for you now?
Jun 13, 2019
204 posts
96 upvotes
spyhero wrote: So does that mean they are including free modem rental for $42.95 + tax for you now?
Yes I think so, but I need to wait until 2nd bill to verify that. Currently I just see -11.59 subtraction from my bill.
Jan 20, 2012
559 posts
494 upvotes
LONDON
So update from my end.

I stuck it out and I eventually finally got the services and my modem. I got the call Saturday around noon, stating that my appointment was the same day between 4-6 pm. They didn't give me any options unfortunately, and honestly because I've been waiting 3 weeks without internet, I stuck with it. I was out and about and the guy shows up at 3:30 without calling me, except to tell me that he activated the signal and that if any issues to call. Okay.

I still don't have my modem by that point, and I only get a shipping notification for it Sunday (after almost 3 weeks from ordering the services).Monday night the tracking finally starts to work and I got my modem Tuesday afternoon. Hooked it up Tuesday evening and everything works. Modem paired easily to my router, and I get the advertised speeds on LAN and wireless. Been going with it for 48 hours now without any hiccups or outages.

Now I'm a happy camper. But if I had to do it over again, I'd probably go with another provider. But I'm hoping I won't have to.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Jun 13, 2019
204 posts
96 upvotes
kellmike626 wrote: So update from my end.

I stuck it out and I eventually finally got the services and my modem. I got the call Saturday around noon, stating that my appointment was the same day between 4-6 pm. They didn't give me any options unfortunately, and honestly because I've been waiting 3 weeks without internet, I stuck with it. I was out and about and the guy shows up at 3:30 without calling me, except to tell me that he activated the signal and that if any issues to call. Okay.

I still don't have my modem by that point, and I only get a shipping notification for it Sunday (after almost 3 weeks from ordering the services).Monday night the tracking finally starts to work and I got my modem Tuesday afternoon. Hooked it up Tuesday evening and everything works. Modem paired easily to my router, and I get the advertised speeds on LAN and wireless. Been going with it for 48 hours now without any hiccups or outages.

Now I'm a happy camper. But if I had to do it over again, I'd probably go with another provider. But I'm hoping I won't have to.
Which brand of modem did u get ?
Well after looking at your story I think whether should I give them a call instead of waiting for 1 more day.
Jan 20, 2012
559 posts
494 upvotes
LONDON
rfcclub wrote: Which brand of modem did u get ?
Well after looking at your story I think whether should I give them a call instead of waiting for 1 more day.
I got the Hitron CDA3.

I would keep calling them. Especially if you're waiting on them to install. I called them last Friday and told them I wanted to cancel because it shouldn't take this long, even with COVID. Then they told me to please be patient and wait another couple of days. Then, magically Saturday (next day) everything starts to get rolling. I also threw in that I've been without internet for weeks and couldn't wait any longer.

If you submitted your order by email, I would call them to do it. They never got back to me when I did it online after 24 hours so I just said screw it and called, it was done immediately.
Please do not PM me with requests for assistance, unless I PM you first, or if I give you permission to. That's what the forums are for!
Nov 30, 2015
821 posts
1163 upvotes
rokask wrote:
The customer representatives were very friendly and talked in clean English, no accent (called 3 times about a week apart). Not sure if the "Order" button does anything, cause I did not get a call for a few hours. Just called them up myself, paid via credit card over the phone.
Does not seem to be a too hot of a deal, but this is the best I found browsing the internet.
Good effort on the op, this is all information and research that is very appreciated.

I just have a hard time getting past statements like this. Why would an accent on the part of the representative be a detractor from your willingness to do business with an internet provider? I find it a little strange that you would prefer your customer service reps to “talk in clean English” when you seem to have trouble doing it yourself. I’m sure I’m wrong about you and you meant nothing bad by this, but it just seems to smack of the anti-foreigner sentiment that sadly seems to be growing in North America.
Jun 15, 2019
357 posts
710 upvotes
GroverTime wrote: Good effort on the op, this is all information and research that is very appreciated.

I just have a hard time getting past statements like this. Why would an accent on the part of the representative be a detractor from your willingness to do business with an internet provider? I find it a little strange that you would prefer your customer service reps to “talk in clean English” when you seem to have trouble doing it yourself. I’m sure I’m wrong about you and you meant nothing bad by this, but it just seems to smack of the anti-foreigner sentiment that sadly seems to be growing in North America.
You're kinda looking for problems where there are none. It's not about racism or bigotry. It's actually about class. If I am paying an exorbitant amount for poor internet, I expect something in return (I myself am an immigrant from a country where $15 buys you 100 MBps fiber up and down from the top ISP). So if an ISP is hiring the cheapest possible labor with poor language skills for the sole purpose of actually talking to you - that's just trashy. I want to vote with my wallet for a good service where I don't need to strain my brain just to understand the person who is supposed to be helping me.
I have no problem with immigrants, I have problem with trashy businesses.
Feb 18, 2019
478 posts
1201 upvotes
Toronto
Group buying is giving discount? Anyone making a group? Pls msg me
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2005
1733 posts
1761 upvotes
Markham, ON
Is it a hard or soft credit check? I tried to get more info via their online chat, it was terrible.
So curt and useless.
I don't have time to call them.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
at87on wrote: Is it a hard or soft credit check? I tried to get more info via their online chat, it was terrible.
So curt and useless.
I don't have time to call them.
Hard check.
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2008
1473 posts
438 upvotes
My 1yr 150u Fido 43$ deal expires in Sept... so may need to jump on this if nothing else comes up in Aug
Jun 15, 2019
357 posts
710 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Hard check.
Hard to believe that internet eligibility warrants the same harsh 6-year-penalty-bearing credit check like... oh, I dunno... taking out a house loan.
Pretty sure it's a soft check because it's been a couple of months already and my creditview dashboard has the same 3 old credit checks from my bank from when they screwed me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)