Hot Deals

[Ebox] EBOX FTTN 50/10 Unlimited data free installation $29.95/month for 12mo (Ontario only)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 20th, 2019 11:41 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3754 posts
3745 upvotes
Toronto, ON

EBOX FTTN 50/10 Unlimited data free installation $29.95/month for 12mo (Ontario only)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Ebox
New promotion from EBOX
50mbps down/10mbps up
Unlimited data
Free installation
$29.95/month for 12 months(after that it reverts to regular price $54.95)

This is great for those who jumped on the similar limited-time 12-month TekSavvy deal last year, and nearing the end of their 12-month promo. The only difference here is that it won't come with free modem rental like the TekSavvy deal, but it's not a problem if you already own a modem.

I used Ebox for 2 years prior and never had an issue with them. As a bonus, dry loop is also included from Ebox, no extra charges.
Last edited by er34er34 on Jan 8th, 2019 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
102 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
6254 posts
736 upvotes
Toronto
I've had ebox for a couple of years and found them to have reliable service and be reasonable to deal with.
Apr 21, 2017
6 posts
5 upvotes
Ontario only.
Une entreprise québecoise with no love for Quebec. Great.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3754 posts
3745 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GuilhermeT wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 5:20 pm
Ontario only.
Une entreprise québecoise with no love for Quebec. Great.
Merci, updated le info.
Jul 25, 2009
135 posts
105 upvotes
Ottawa
Any one know if you can downgrade after a year? Would there be any fees?
May 5, 2017
303 posts
61 upvotes
donjay wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 10:14 pm
Any one know if you can downgrade after a year? Would there be any fees?
They allow you to change your plan without hassle. Ebox has been the best ISP I've ever had. (Knocks on wood)
Oct 17, 2010
71 posts
68 upvotes
Computer engineer here who changes ISPs more often than his underwear. I've been with these guys for over a year now and am super impressed.

Data speeds and latency are consistently very good and customer support has always been fast and responsive. My favourite Ontario ISP at the moment.
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1358 posts
155 upvotes
Montreal
They have addressed the IP address geolocation issue already for Ontario a while back
Got Heat?
Nov 21, 2014
465 posts
476 upvotes
Atlantic
RAINMAN0 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 7:04 am
Good for Cogeco area as well as rogers?
Cogeco/Rogers use cable technology......

This is an ADSL FTTN service
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1183 posts
221 upvotes
EasyCompany251 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 7:07 am
Cogeco/Rogers use cable technology......

This is an ADSL FTTN service
Opps you're right. Wont apply to me since the ADSL near me maxes at 5mpbs Disappointed Face
Aug 3, 2010
306 posts
94 upvotes
nightwalker wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 4:54 pm
Any way to have your IP set up as non-quebec?

That was the issue when I had them.

Certain sites won't load since they would direct you to their quebec version. Which sometime don't have French version ready so you can't purchase stuff from their e-commerce site.
I've been with ebox for several years and in the beginning yea that was a problem. However, when I brought this issue up with them, they began to try to map out IPs to city locations. And even i manually went around informing the big geo registries of ebox ips to fix their database. So at least for Ontario i believe this has been fixed for a very long time. So at least for me i no longer have issues when i visit Home Depot, SportsChek, etc. They all know exactly which city I am in. It's nice. Ironically, when i visit ebox website it, by default, maps to Quebec. But i strongly suspect it's because they always just set it back to Quebec for all visitors and don't bother to look up ip info.

Wonderful service. Never had problems. And their staff, especially the ones on DSLReport, which include the CEO, are always on the alert answering anything and fixing issues quickly.

Easily they are the best ISP i have ever experienced.

The worst was (and probably still is) Acanac. It was so bad one time that I was desparate enough to ask Ebox for help in diagnosing the issue Acanac was having -- so I was trying to get Ebox to do Acanac's job -- and funny enough, Ebox agreed to help and used their technical resources to check up things and even asked me for the Acanac contacts so they could call them. Ebox didn't have to do this at all..they were making no money from this at all but their staff seemed very puzzled by the issues Acanac were having after their own analysis and wanted to get more info and help resolve the issue.
Last edited by brand404 on Jan 9th, 2019 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2006
2164 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
I used to have Ebox as well and it was a great reliable ISP. Absolutely zero complaints. Even their cancellation/refund process was smooth. The only reason I left was because my building finally got fiber.
Jul 3, 2006
305 posts
4 upvotes
Montreal
LSZ wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 7:59 am
I used to have Ebox as well and it was a great reliable ISP. Absolutely zero complaints. Even their cancellation/refund process was smooth. The only reason I left was because my building finally got fiber.
I cancelled their service beginning of September 2018 and I've been calling them every single week because I still haven't gotten my refund cheque by mail. They blaming on Canada Post's strike and every single week, they tell me the same BS that I have to wait another week and all...I live 10min away from their HQ office and it's been 3 month now.

Service wise, never had an issue but their customer service and ways to resolve issues are not the greatest. They want me to pay 17$ to generate another cheque for something that I never received to begin with. That doesn't make any sense. The time I spent over the phone with them is greater than the amount they owe me.