Hot Deals

[Ebox] EBOX FTTN 50/10 Unlimited data free installation $29.95/month for 12mo (Ontario only)

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2019 11:38 pm
Oct 24, 2017
34 posts
7 upvotes
I have signed up last year. I don't think I noticed anywhere saying that my plan cost would increase.

How can I find out what the price is going to be after the 12 months?
Dec 5, 2016
177 posts
220 upvotes
Does anybody know if there is an additional dry-loop fee on top of the price?
Feb 25, 2014
30 posts
9 upvotes
Toronto
NsK450 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:46 am
I cancelled their service beginning of September 2018 and I've been calling them every single week because I still haven't gotten my refund cheque by mail. They blaming on Canada Post's strike and every single week, they tell me the same BS that I have to wait another week and all...I live 10min away from their HQ office and it's been 3 month now.

Service wise, never had an issue but their customer service and ways to resolve issues are not the greatest. They want me to pay 17$ to generate another cheque for something that I never received to begin with. That doesn't make any sense. The time I spent over the phone with them is greater than the amount they owe me.
FYI, I cancelled my service at late Nov 2018, and got my refund cheque in 1st week in Jan 2019. I fear Canada Post probably already lost your mail.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3802 posts
3867 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TouchMyBox wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:04 am
Does anybody know if there is an additional dry-loop fee on top of the price?
Ebox doesn't charge for dry loop. I stated this in the OP.
May 5, 2017
304 posts
62 upvotes
lionbest wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:03 am
I have signed up last year. I don't think I noticed anywhere saying that my plan cost would increase.

How can I find out what the price is going to be after the 12 months?
I have found they are very responsive through dslreports. That's how I actually found them and became impressed with their transparency and responsiveness.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3802 posts
3867 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NsK450 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 8:46 am
I cancelled their service beginning of September 2018 and I've been calling them every single week because I still haven't gotten my refund cheque by mail. They blaming on Canada Post's strike and every single week, they tell me the same BS that I have to wait another week and all...I live 10min away from their HQ office and it's been 3 month now.

Service wise, never had an issue but their customer service and ways to resolve issues are not the greatest. They want me to pay 17$ to generate another cheque for something that I never received to begin with. That doesn't make any sense. The time I spent over the phone with them is greater than the amount they owe me.
When I cancelled last year to switch to TekSavvy, I got my refund cheque within 3 weeks. I think you should blame CanadaPost for this, not ebox.
Oct 29, 2010
13 posts
8 upvotes
Quebec
I made the switch from Videotron to Ebox last fall, after cancelling all services. Went to ebox, ip phone, antenna tv hehe.
The connection is great and never dropped, the major problem is that the first few days when making the switch are a bit problematic.
You have to keep your current provider until the switch is made (they made it sound like it would be quick to switch but its not), Took a week.
They sent the modem and said to just make the switch to it once Videtron makes the transfer, and that everything would work.
Well it didnt work, they had to send a Videotron tech (Ebox never told me that, Videotron just called to take an appointment), it didnt work when the tech came to my house.
The guy said it should work cause everything looked fine, he left and told me to wait an hour then try with the modem for ebox. It worked.
Since then its been perfect, my ip phone isnt with them but voip.ms and I bought my own ATA. You end up with 6 bucks per month when taking e911.
I'm on the 60 mbit cable plan.
Dec 4, 2013
195 posts
86 upvotes
Longueuil
Hello there,

You can save more if you register in groups :

- Group of 2 : save 1$/month forever for all members
- Group of 4 : save 2$/month forever for all members

You can also save on the modem price.

You can PM me your email and phone number as I am organizing groups registration and can help you find a group!

Thanks,
Nov 10, 2007
224 posts
18 upvotes
toronto
Can I get this price if I'm a current customer? Think I'm paying double at the moment for that speed
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49196 posts
14546 upvotes
^ Same here. Paying $58.70 all-in for 50/10 with some previous referrals / group sign-up.
Jul 3, 2006
305 posts
4 upvotes
Montreal
joe1983 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 9:14 am
FYI, I cancelled my service at late Nov 2018, and got my refund cheque in 1st week in Jan 2019. I fear Canada Post probably already lost your mail.
honestly, I don't care who lost my cheque but I ain't paying for the 17,50$ that they are requesting to cancel the first cheque and generate a new one. That doesn't make any sense to me and Ebox keeps saying they aren't responsible once the cheque has been sent out. There is no tracking and they are asking me to call Canada Post to find out lol. They don't want to cover the fee of 17,50$ to send a new cheque. This is like you ordered something online and you expect to receive it at home but you never receive it, you call the company and they are asking for more money.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
3802 posts
3867 upvotes
Toronto, ON
NsK450 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 10:07 am
honestly, I don't care who lost my cheque but I ain't paying for the 17,50$ that they are requesting to cancel the first cheque and generate a new one. That doesn't make any sense to me and Ebox keeps saying they aren't responsible once the cheque has been sent out. There is no tracking and they are asking me to call Canada Post to find out lol. They don't want to cover the fee of 17,50$ to send a new cheque. This is like you ordered something online and you expect to receive it at home but you never receive it, you call the company and they are asking for more money.
Don't be surprised. Just 2 weeks ago, I received a package via CanadaPost that was mailed in March 2018. It had what looks to be tire marks on it.
Penalty Box
Apr 21, 2004
49196 posts
14546 upvotes
Only for new accounts and not existing ones.

Confirmed over at DSLReport.