Expired Hot Deals

[Ebox] EBOX FTTN 50/10 Unlimited data free installation $29.95/month for 12mo (Ontario only)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2019 2:14 am
Apr 20, 2004
142 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
I've been with Ebox for several years now - I cannot say enough good things about their service. Support is actually in Quebec and they understand the technology and speak English (and French) - unlike bell or rogers tech support.

Switched from TekSavvy who royally screwed up my service and account. TekSavvy support got so bad that until you got to level 3 or 4, you were talking with people that could barely tell the difference between the keyboard and mouse.
Dec 4, 2013
218 posts
139 upvotes
Longueuil
I still need one person so I can form a group of 4.

If someone want to join, you will all save an additionnal 2$/month on your bill and a 10.00$ rebate on the modem.

PM your infos (Phone, email and full name) !
Dec 4, 2013
218 posts
139 upvotes
Longueuil
Group of 4 should be completed (waiting for contact infos for two of the 4 members).

If anyone still want to join, you can still contact me by private message before the group is closed and you will all save 2$/month on your monthly bill.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
8928 posts
1502 upvotes
Montreal
GuilhermeT wrote:
Jan 8th, 2019 5:20 pm
Ontario only.
Une entreprise québecoise with no love for Quebec. Great.
They have to use lines of other companies (Rogers, Bell, Videotron), so they just can't do that price in Quebec. Same with cellphone providers, different prices in different provinces.

BTW, they are a great company so far. No issues with them at all, since it's pre-paid you can change your plan anytime (after month ends).
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2230 posts
203 upvotes
North York
unreg991 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2019 1:51 pm
I've been with Ebox for several years now - I cannot say enough good things about their service. Support is actually in Quebec and they understand the technology and speak English (and French) - unlike bell or rogers tech support.
Well, a YMMV point, I was with ebox for 5-6years at the old house, and previously said the same thing - rarely needed, but always good service.

Then we moved - and I got to experience their current service, and disappointing is the understatement of the year. Over 10 phone calls, multiple scheduled installs prior to our possession date, two rental modems, nearly 5 hours on the phone, 12 invoices (for less then 2 months of service,) including one 2 days ago for Feb1-28 service for the account closed eff:Nov30. Brutal.

... and I'm still not done sorting out the mess with them. Promises given, and then promptly broken - ignore the invoice and disconnect notice, but then they disconnected the line anyways. Promised they wouldn't book another install before we took possession, and then we'd get notice 2 days later for an install the next day. Luckily along the way they removed my CC info from the account, so it's only been invoices and not charges to my CC.

Went with rogers on one of their promo's, 20m on the phone, done. (although not looking forward to playing the retentions game in a year from now.)
Sep 4, 2007
897 posts
306 upvotes
Is the deal page not working properly for anyone?
Once I enter my postal code it brings me to a blank page
Sep 20, 2017
208 posts
85 upvotes
Markham
15 Mbits unlimited @ 24,95$/month for 12 months or 50 Mbits unlimited @ 29,95$ for 12 months + free install

I don't know if ebox will bargain price for 2nd year. It's great deal with free installation.
Jun 6, 2013
40 posts
25 upvotes
Ottawa
LyGuy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:29 pm
same here, different browsers, blank screen
Dec 17, 2017
89 posts
51 upvotes
WickedSmurf wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 8:05 pm
Can anyone recommend which modem to buy?

Smart RG 501, 505n, 506n, 515ac, 516ac

The difference is the built in wifi, the 501 has none, 505/506 has n and the others have ac) These are the current modems that most IISPs are using. They're all the same DSL wise. You'll probably find the most 505n second hand as that was the first alternative VDSL modem available and used en mass by the IISPs.

Used bell modems like the Sagemcom 2864(quite old), 4350(home hub 1000), 5250(home hub 2000)

The wifi on some of the smart RG(505n in particular) isn't very good, not a problem if you have your own router. If you're buying a modem second hand and it's not from Ontario or Quebec you'll potentially need to flash the firmware depending on the hardware in your neighbourhood so it's much easier if it was a previous Bell or IISP modem, you'll just have to change the login credentials to match your new ISP.
Apr 30, 2009
376 posts
10 upvotes
LyGuy wrote:
Jan 10th, 2019 1:29 pm
Ya seriously anyone who would sign up with an isp that can't even make a basic website needs to give their head a shake

For a moment I actually considered these guys but wow you sell internet and you cant make a website? Please take my money now!
Dec 4, 2013
218 posts
139 upvotes
Longueuil
BlackJays wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 3:33 am
Ya seriously anyone who would sign up with an isp that can't even make a basic website needs to give their head a shake

For a moment I actually considered these guys but wow you sell internet and you cant make a website? Please take my money now!
Dude, there is probably an issue on your side because no one is getting the issue. I even tryed right now and it’s working perfectly so before blaming the company itself provide your postal code to see if there is really an issue with everyone using your postal code.
Sep 4, 2007
897 posts
306 upvotes
vcadieux wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 9:42 am
Dude, there is probably an issue on your side because no one is getting the issue. I even tryed right now and it’s working perfectly so before blaming the company itself provide your postal code to see if there is really an issue with everyone using your postal code.
3 people in this thread including myself already confirmed having this issue
It's definitely their site