Expired Hot Deals

[Ebox] EBOX FTTN 50/10 Unlimited data free installation $29.95/month for 12mo (Ontario only)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2019 2:14 am
Dec 4, 2013
218 posts
139 upvotes
Longueuil
If anyone is interested, I’m creating group registration to save even more..

• Group of 2 : save 1$ / month for ever.
  • Group of 4 : save 2$ / month for ever.

I already have two person ready to join a group we are waiting for two more to complete a group of 4!

PM with your name, email and phone number with the best time to reach you.

I’ve been with them for around 5 years and never had a single issue.
Dec 4, 2013
218 posts
139 upvotes
Longueuil
If anyone is interested I am still missing one person to complete a group of 4 and save an additional 2$/month for life.

PM your name, phone, email and best time to reach you.
Nov 20, 2009
295 posts
109 upvotes
Welland
I bought a used SmartRG SR505N modem which I plan to use with Ebox in bridge mode, as I plan to use my own router. I found a link to Teksavvy SMARTRG 505N: configuration files, but I could not find the bridge file for Ebox. https://help.teksavvy.com/hc/en-us/arti ... tion-Files

One of their support gave me a link, but it looks like it's for the router mode and not just for the bridge mode. http://soutien.eboxhosting.com/SR505N/F ... iguration/

Or can I just use the Teksavvy bridge file with my router? If not then does anyone here have a link or a bridge file configuration for Ebox?

Thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4005 posts
4208 upvotes
Toronto, ON
goldx789 wrote:
Apr 14th, 2019 11:09 pm
I bought a used SmartRG SR505N modem which I plan to use with Ebox in bridge mode, as I plan to use my own router. I found a link to Teksavvy SMARTRG 505N: configuration files, but I could not find the bridge file for Ebox. https://help.teksavvy.com/hc/en-us/arti ... tion-Files

One of their support gave me a link, but it looks like it's for the router mode and not just for the bridge mode. http://soutien.eboxhosting.com/SR505N/F ... iguration/

Or can I just use the Teksavvy bridge file with my router? If not then does anyone here have a link or a bridge file configuration for Ebox?

Thanks
You don't need the config files. Just follow the configuration instructions. Takes 2 minutes.

https://help.teksavvy.com/hc/en-us/arti ... 505N-Setup
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2011
1541 posts
611 upvotes
Mississauga
Is the Smart RG SR505N the suggested modem to get for FTTN 50?
Nov 20, 2009
295 posts
109 upvotes
Welland
hackoder wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 6:43 pm
Is the Smart RG SR505N the suggested modem to get for FTTN 50?
It seems to be one of the recommended and popular modems but not the only one. The wireless is not too good, so most users recommend using your own router.
Dec 4, 2013
218 posts
139 upvotes
Longueuil
FYI

The group of 4 is completed but I still have about 24 hours to add anyone to that group until its closed.

If anyone is about to register, just PM me with your contact info (name, phone and email) and I should be able to add you to that group to save an additionnal 2$/month for life.

Thanks!
Apr 30, 2009
376 posts
10 upvotes
vcadieux wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 10:45 am
If you have question feel free to ask on the official Ebox forum over here :

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/ebox

There are Ebox agent answering pretty quickly for any questions (technical or not)
This company is such a joke I sent the an email 2wk ago with a really simple question. If you want to do the public mobile thing and have ppl ask questions on forums fine but why not make that clear on your website instead of asking people to email?
Additionally they charge you to either rent or buy a modem?
Suddenly 29.99 is now 36.99 or 120 modem purchase. No thanks
Aug 30, 2016
9 posts
1 upvote
BlackJays wrote:
Apr 15th, 2019 11:54 pm
This company is such a joke I sent the an email 2wk ago with a really simple question. If you want to do the public mobile thing and have ppl ask questions on forums fine but why not make that clear on your website instead of asking people to email?
Additionally they charge you to either rent or buy a modem?
Suddenly 29.99 is now 36.99 or 120 modem purchase. No thanks
Good point. Their website is not clear on all the "hidden fees" for the promo so here is the breakdown (Note: these options all assume you will have a dryloop because, who have a home phone these days and is for Ontario):
Option 1: BYOM
Monthly Fee: $29.95
Dry Loop Admin Fee: $20
BYOM Admin Fee: $20
First Month Bill: $69.95 + taxes -> Total: $79.04
Actual Monthly Cost for 12 Months: $33.28 + taxes -> Total: $37.61

Option 2: Modem Rental (requires pre-authorized payment)
Monthly Modem Rental: $5.95
First Month Bill: $55.90 + taxes -> Total: $63.17
Actual Monthly Cost for 12 Months: $37.57 + taxes -> Total: $42.45

Option 3: Modem Purchase
Modem Purchase: $120
First Month Bill: $169.95 + taxes -> Total: $192.04
Actual Monthly Cost for 12 Months: $41.62 + taxes -> Total: $47.03

The BOYM option is still a decent deal. However, what is surprising here is that for the first year, modem rental is significantly cheaper.
Jul 18, 2013
59 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
I got my parents set up with ebox last Sunday. For the last week that they have been connected I have had nothing but headaches with the service. Since the 1st of May I have taken to recording drop times of the internet service, with at least 5 (yes, that's one a day, if not more) that I have documented (only two that resolved on their own 30-40mins later) and 1 that lasted over 16 hours that required a technician to fix.

I know not everyone else will have the same issues as me but it's relevant to anyone thinking of going with them. I keep being told different things about what is wrong and I'm honestly not sure how to proceed. I think I'm going to be making my 6th service inquiry call to find out what the story is this time.
Feb 25, 2014
8 posts
1 upvote
Burlington, ON
Installed the service 2 weeks ago. No problems so far. Speed test also getting 48/10 even at peak times