2121 posts
2015 upvotes
Quebec
Lava hot deal
10/10 would buy again
Jul 23, 2017
12 posts
8 upvotes
Been with them for two years, fast, stable connection and reasonable rates. No complaints here ! Be sure to catch someone's referral code before signing up with them for a lifelong 1$ monthly disocunt. You can also sign up with a group of three others for a 2$ discount.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2010
2836 posts
1018 upvotes
Montreal
quebecoor wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 5:18 pm
https://www.ebox.ca/en/quebec/residenti ... -packages/

Anyone with Ebox in Montréal or Gatineau ? Their prices are very competitive.

Never heard about them until today (mentioned in Protégez-Vous).

Thanks !
Most RFDers know Ebox, just do a search.

They resell Videotron and Bell so in terms of reliability it's the same. My connection is rock solid on their cable service in Montreal.
[OP]
Jan 21, 2015
88 posts
54 upvotes
Montreal, QC
kenze wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 5:22 pm
Most RFDers know Ebox, just do a search.

They resell Videotron and Bell so in terms of reliability it's the same. My connection is rock solid on their cable service in Montreal.
Thanks, just saw the posts about EBOX, wrong search in forum (typo).

How many years with EBOX kenze ?
[OP]
Jan 21, 2015
88 posts
54 upvotes
Montreal, QC
griffner wrote:
Been with them for two years, fast, stable connection and reasonable rates. No complaints here ! Be sure to catch someone's referral code before signing up with them for a lifelong 1$ monthly disocunt. You can also sign up with a group of three others for a 2$ discount.
Thanks for the tips griffner !!
Jun 17, 2012
40 posts
64 upvotes
Lavaltrie, QC
I've been with them for 5 years. Service is generally great, much faster response time than Videotron or Bell. With that being said, the service isn't how it used to be. It used to be awesome. I guess they are growing a bit too quick. :S Last time I ask for a plan change, they ended up disconnecting me for 5 days...
Nov 6, 2013
258 posts
79 upvotes
Hampstead, QC
Would be great if a moderator could move this discussion to Shopping Discussion.

I've had Ebox for at least three years. Never had any real problem. Faster than advertised. Good promotions. However, when I've recommended it to my friends more recently, they say installation takes a long time to schedule. On the rare occasions where I've had to get in contact with them, they've always been courteous and the waiting times etc. have been reasonable.
Aug 27, 2017
86 posts
132 upvotes
if you're looking for a better deal, go with carrytel.

costumer service probably sucks, but I've been with them for 2-3 years and never had to use their costumer service. I love their price, so I'll stick with them.
Sep 17, 2013
37 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
Awesome speeds and experience with Ebox (cable 120) since October 2016. I'm in Aylmer (Gatineau).

I signed up my girlfriend in Kanata and she loves it too.
Nov 22, 2009
88 posts
63 upvotes
London
their customer service is meh, and they missed my hook up time by a week. was without internet for a entire week because of it. now that i'm hooked up, no real complaints about the service. speed is never as advertised, but i noticed ebox is overall slower than my previous ISP, but not enough to pay double. once in a while there is a slow down for a little bit. for the price, it's very good. only thing i didn't like was them dragging their feet for a week while getting me switched.

Also charged me for 2.75 months right off the bat, then charged me for another month when the new month started. I understand 1 month in advanced and the .75 partial month of the switch. I have two extra months in advanced i'm paying for right now. Customer service said it will be fixed next bill. We will see.
Last edited by gatewaysucks on Feb 8th, 2018 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 22, 2015
61 posts
14 upvotes
Toronto
Customer Service swore at me while I was trying to get subscribed and end up cancelling because they want to charge a fee for a mistake they made.
Jul 13, 2016
634 posts
365 upvotes
kenze wrote:
They resell Videotron and Bell so in terms of reliability it's the same.
You can say so for cable Internet, but not so much for ADSL. Buying directly from Bell will usually get you faster speeds because of how that technology works.
gatewaysucks wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 6:28 pm
their customer service is meh, and they missed my hook up time by a week. was without internet for a entire week because of it. now that i'm hooked up, no real complaints about the service. speed is never as advertised, but i noticed ebox is overall slower than my previous ISP, but not enough to pay double. once in a while there is a slow down for a little bit. for the price, it's very good. only thing i didn't like was them dragging their feet for a week while getting me switched.
I'm guessing your Internet is landline and not cable?
Last edited by emilio911 on Feb 8th, 2018 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
May 27, 2011
437 posts
360 upvotes
Montreal
MonsieurX wrote:
Lava hot deal
You mean ice cold?

The prices on a few ADSL packages I checked are the same or above offers from the other small-medium ISPs like teksavvy, vmedia, etc.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1479 posts
637 upvotes
Quebec
I have been with them for the last 5 years at least, great service. They (notably the CEO) are very active on DSLReports and keep in touch with their more techsavvy clients.