Careers

ECE (Early Childhood Educator)

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 28th, 2019 11:15 am
Tags:
[OP]
Member
Dec 18, 2017
282 posts
39 upvotes

ECE (Early Childhood Educator)

Hi all,
Need your suggestions/recommendations on this program.
-Is it worth doing this program spending between $5000-8000 (I guess)?
-Is it easy to get a job if pay expectation is between 30-40k year?
-Any personal experience please? And, where do you think good to do this in Mississauga?

Note: I see several discussions before a few years & dont find anything latest and hence interested to know if you think worth doing in latest conditions/market.

thanks in advance
5 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31005 posts
16755 upvotes
Ottawa
Do you want to work with children?
Are you willing to start at a Daycare type of environment?
Are you prepared to wait several years before getting placement in a school board...if ever?
[OP]
Member
Dec 18, 2017
282 posts
39 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Are you prepared to wait several years before getting placement in a school board...if ever?
Umm..interesting..Didnt know that it takes years to get into a school board.
Ok, any idea roughly what it takes to get school board & is it that too many applicants?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
31005 posts
16755 upvotes
Ottawa
smartnew wrote: Umm..interesting..Didnt know that it takes years to get into a school board.
Ok, any idea roughly what it takes to get school board & is it that too many applicants?
I can only reference here in the City of Ottawa, as my colleagues have kids that are ECE's and haven't been able to get into a school board yet
Being bilingual and knowing someone that is already working for a school board would speed up the process, otherwise, it's a fairly long list from what I have been told.
Jr. Member
Jan 1, 2018
135 posts
26 upvotes
A relative of mine works for TDSB as a RECE and they have been subbing for the last 6-7 years. No matter how many internal positions they applied to they have never been called because they are so far down the list and the people at the top are also not retiring.

You can study for it but I think it's based on where you live and if there is a demand for it. Forget toronto...too saturated.
[OP]
Member
Dec 18, 2017
282 posts
39 upvotes
Momoo1 wrote: A relative of mine works for TDSB as a RECE and they have been subbing for the last 6-7 years. No matter how many internal positions they applied to they have never been called because they are so far down the list and the people at the top are also not retiring.

You can study for it but I think it's based on where you live and if there is a demand for it. Forget toronto...too saturated.
Thanks for your thoughts.
we are talking about Mississauga & unsure if saturated here also like Toronto.

Top