• Last Updated:
  • Mar 14th, 2010 5:48 pm
[OP]
Aug 14, 2008
16 posts
Toronto

ECE at RYERSON or GUELPH-HUMBER

I really want to get into an Early Childhood Education program
and was wondering whether Ryerson would be a better choice compared to Guelph-Humber. Both programs are quite similar and have placements for future references. The only things I'm concerened about are the student life of either locations. I DO NOT want to be one of those students who go to school, study, go to work REPEAT etc... I want to have a balance and GH seems to be lacking in clubs and activities as to Ryerson... :(

Guelph-Humber is a small university of 3000 students, it's newer but their reputation is not so popular yet. The only benefit from GH is that I could drive there, saving me a lot of time and effort from transportation.

Overall, you guys could tell that I am MORE eager to go to Ryerson...
The only thing holding me back is the inconvenience of going downtown...
It will require Mississauga transit, Go Train, and possibly TTC as well (unless I save my money and walk another 15-20mins instead of TTC)
4 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3336 posts
391 upvotes
Mississauga
lol, on first glance i thought you meant ECE - Electrical & Computer Engineer.

hmm, i know some people in guelph, and you are spot on, its not a big city. but if you are going to be driving there and back everyday, why are you worried about the 'wake up, school, dinner, repeat' syndrome? you will be living @ home and assuming home is where family,friends,activities, etc are.

ryerson will obv be 'funner' in terms of the city life.

so the way i see it:

do you want to drive to guelph (spend moeny on gas) or take transit to ryerson (spend money on transit passes)?

i think driving to guelph might be cheaper, and the drive itself won't be too bad since you are driving away from the city. also, with drivign to guelph, theres a possibility of sharing car rides / carpooling, ie. saving some money.

i am assumign based on your post that both programs are identical, and offer the same type of placements.
[OP]
Aug 14, 2008
16 posts
Toronto
mbk.2k3 wrote: lol, on first glance i thought you meant ECE - Electrical & Computer Engineer.

hmm, i know some people in guelph, and you are spot on, its not a big city. but if you are going to be driving there and back everyday, why are you worried about the 'wake up, school, dinner, repeat' syndrome? you will be living @ home and assuming home is where family,friends,activities, etc are.

ryerson will obv be 'funner' in terms of the city life.

so the way i see it:

do you want to drive to guelph (spend moeny on gas) or take transit to ryerson (spend money on transit passes)?

i think driving to guelph might be cheaper, and the drive itself won't be too bad since you are driving away from the city. also, with drivign to guelph, theres a possibility of sharing car rides / carpooling, ie. saving some money.

i am assumign based on your post that both programs are identical, and offer the same type of placements.
hey thanks for the reply :)
but the Guelph-Humber University is a collaboration between UoGuelph and Humber College. It is actually located in Rexdale (north-west toronto)
[OP]
Aug 14, 2008
16 posts
Toronto
Does anybody know anyone in either of these programs?
I'd really appreciate more info.
Thank you

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)