Hot Deals

[Walmart] Echelon Connect Sport Spin Bike $699.99 (Accepting Pre Orders-Ship Feb. 21)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2021 4:53 pm
Dec 17, 2013
165 posts
160 upvotes
Victoria
Sykes96 wrote: Thank you! Finally, bit the bullet! I had a 20 coupon and did a store pick up to save some extra $$ :D
Hey, how did you select store pickup. I only see a PREORDER button on the site
Jul 29, 2013
77 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
toshis wrote: Hey, how did you select store pickup. I only see a PREORDER button on the site
move to the next step, it allows you to choose which store
Dec 23, 2009
100 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Fatty55 wrote: Anyone else having connectivity issues? I can get it to work on my phone, but neither of my tablets (both Samsung) can ever detect the bike. Tried every trick that CS throws at me. It's still great with the phone (also Samsung), but would prefer a larger screen.
Same issue - works great with my phone but never get a good connection to my Samsung tablet. Hence why I have 5 of the same bike in the app (which you can't delete!)
Oct 5, 2008
597 posts
660 upvotes
GTA
thecjm wrote: Same issue - works great with my phone but never get a good connection to my Samsung tablet. Hence why I have 5 of the same bike in the app (which you can't delete!)
Same here. I've still back and forth with support - but I don't want to push too hard, because even with just the phone, I love it! Just would much prefer a larger screen.
Dec 1, 2013
3 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
If anyone in the GTA wants to get on their new years resolution right away and wants this bike asap for around the retail cost ($699 + tax) - I purchased it via Walmart US site for around $497 US + NY Tax and used Shippsy to get it over the border. Theres no duties, only Canadian tax + Shippsy cost, which for me was only $7 for some reason (YMMV on this). Total cost was $780 CAD delivered to the Markham Shippsy location for pickup.
Jan 17, 2009
739 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
Is there a good summary on this vs a Peloton? And what kind of hacks you have to do to get the same Peloton experience on this bike? TIA
Aug 17, 2007
237 posts
194 upvotes
xerane wrote: Is there a good summary on this vs a Peloton? And what kind of hacks you have to do to get the same Peloton experience on this bike? TIA
You don't really have to do any hacks. Just get a tablet or TV to show the Peloton class and have the Echelon app on your phone for your stats. There's resistance conversion charts you can print and attach to your handlebars as well and you're 90% there. What I do is have a small old TV with Chromecast in front of the bike and start my Peloton class, cast to Chromecast and then start my Echelon app. This way I only need one device (I guess the TV would be the second).

I would say you will never get the true Peloton experience on this bike but here's what I think you miss out on:

-Peloton integrations with Apple Watch and others accessories
-Leaderboards in live rides
-The ease and convenience of just getting on the bike and going
-If you're comparing to the more expensive Bike Plus from Peloton they have a follow resistance now that adjusts resistance for you to follow along
-The Peloton is a more premium bike. It has weight holders and a better water bottle placement. The upper end of the resistance is also higher
-The Peloton community is more interesting. You can add friends, see their rides and graphs of their stats from their rides. On Echelon you can add friends but the stats are not as interesting
May 6, 2020
15 posts
3 upvotes
Anyone have an extra in the Montreal area they are looking to sell?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
1424 posts
4079 upvotes
Calgary, AB
knapper wrote: I did a quick google search yesterday and am not sure the Echelon app will work on the Fire OS. Again, quick search, I had planned on digging more into it once I get the bike. Anyone get Echelon working on a Fire Tablet or TV?
I run mine on my Fire HD 8 that doesn’t have Google Play services. I just side loaded the app and it connects every time. No issues so far.
Nov 8, 2012
743 posts
642 upvotes
London, ON
Fatty55 wrote: Same here. I've still back and forth with support - but I don't want to push too hard, because even with just the phone, I love it! Just would much prefer a larger screen.
Yeah the cant find bike error seems to be common, i got it on my Samsung tablet. Im going to try sideloading onto my Fire 8 and using that. Works flawlessly with my iphone.
Jul 12, 2010
56 posts
15 upvotes
Montreal
hharotz wrote: Anyone have an extra in the Montreal area they are looking to sell?
Same Disappointed Face

I'm waiting for mine to be delivered on Feb 25 but am SO IMPATIENT. There actually may be stock in a local Walmart but due to essentials only we can't pick it up. Crying Face
Jun 9, 2008
56 posts
11 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kaijujager wrote: Anyone can confirm the box size??
I took some measurements in store to make sure it would fit in my car. Rounded these up to give myself some breathing room, but it should give you a good enough idea.

H 33”
L 44”
W 11”
Jan 8, 2019
109 posts
330 upvotes
Just curious what some people's opinions are on this vs. the EX-4s. Saw at Costco recently for $1339.99 with one year free membership. The 4s comes with a 10.1" display but other than that not too sure of the differences.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
3646 posts
2519 upvotes
Toronto
sleepyhound wrote: Just curious what some people's opinions are on this vs. the EX-4s. Saw at Costco recently for $1339.99 with one year free membership. The 4s comes with a 10.1" display but other than that not too sure of the differences.
Walmart is a better deal. Don't fall for the screen hype. Plus you can get 12 months free with the Walmart bike too by choosing " Costco" as your retailer when signing up.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
2673 posts
714 upvotes
DreB0816 wrote: If anyone in the GTA wants to get on their new years resolution right away and wants this bike asap for around the retail cost ($699 + tax) - I purchased it via Walmart US site for around $497 US + NY Tax and used Shippsy to get it over the border. Theres no duties, only Canadian tax + Shippsy cost, which for me was only $7 for some reason (YMMV on this). Total cost was $780 CAD delivered to the Markham Shippsy location for pickup.
This is an awesome suggestion! Going to try ordering it now.
Nov 14, 2011
123 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
DreB0816 wrote: If anyone in the GTA wants to get on their new years resolution right away and wants this bike asap for around the retail cost ($699 + tax) - I purchased it via Walmart US site for around $497 US + NY Tax and used Shippsy to get it over the border. Theres no duties, only Canadian tax + Shippsy cost, which for me was only $7 for some reason (YMMV on this). Total cost was $780 CAD delivered to the Markham Shippsy location for pickup.
How long did it take
Oct 23, 2014
413 posts
426 upvotes
Orangeville
Any recommendations for seat cushion? My arse hurts when I’m on this bike for 40 mins
Jan 21, 2017
893 posts
286 upvotes
how useful is this if I am already doing these youtube HIIT workouts regularly? I don't really care to lose weight. just want to shed some belly fat for health reasons.
Oct 5, 2008
597 posts
660 upvotes
GTA
DPR2017 wrote: how useful is this if I am already doing these youtube HIIT workouts regularly? I don't really care to lose weight. just want to shed some belly fat for health reasons.
The bike tells you how hard you're pushing at any given moment, and your total output so far. Based on your total output, it ranks you against other riders. If you're anything like me, that will push you to want to keep passing people, or keep from getting passed. I also like that it's low impact. I can get my heart jacked and be dripping in sweat for 45 minutes, and never worry about any aches and pains afterward.