Hot Deals

[Walmart] Echelon Connect Sport Spin Bike $699.99 (Accepting Pre Orders-Ship Feb. 21)

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2021 7:53 pm
Jan 14, 2007
930 posts
464 upvotes
Toronto
Prodigy94 wrote: Any recommendations for seat cushion? My arse hurts when I’m on this bike for 40 mins
I bought this during a lightning deal for $13. I had no issues with the original seat and a gel cushion but the wifey needed a wider seat. After using it on a few rides it is much better and comfortable than what I was using before.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B06XDL ... UTF8&psc=1
Aug 14, 2016
62 posts
46 upvotes
dpvu wrote: You don't really have to do any hacks. Just get a tablet or TV to show the Peloton class and have the Echelon app on your phone for your stats. There's resistance conversion charts you can print and attach to your handlebars as well and you're 90% there. What I do is have a small old TV with Chromecast in front of the bike and start my Peloton class, cast to Chromecast and then start my Echelon app. This way I only need one device (I guess the TV would be the second).

I would say you will never get the true Peloton experience on this bike but here's what I think you miss out on:

-Peloton integrations with Apple Watch and others accessories
-Leaderboards in live rides
-The ease and convenience of just getting on the bike and going
-If you're comparing to the more expensive Bike Plus from Peloton they have a follow resistance now that adjusts resistance for you to follow along
-The Peloton is a more premium bike. It has weight holders and a better water bottle placement. The upper end of the resistance is also higher
-The Peloton community is more interesting. You can add friends, see their rides and graphs of their stats from their rides. On Echelon you can add friends but the stats are not as interesting
Just to add a bit of clarity around the cost structure as it wasn't clear to me. Paleton membership WITH the Paleton bike is $49/month. If you do not have a Paleton bike, but only want to use the Paleton App, the membership is only $16.99/month.

Having said that, as others have mentioned, there's a way to get the first year free with Echelon.
Last edited by Nomad753 on Jan 19th, 2021 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 29, 2013
84 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto

my console says the firmware is at its latest, is that what everyone has? I googled and found ver 50.99 from here:
https://echelonfit.zendesk.com/hc/en-us ... sion-10-00

I am curious about this as I have difficulty to connect the bike with my 10" Huawei tablet from Fido, it is connected to my android phone though.
also for those who are curious about differences between all echelon models, this may give a good starting point:
https://www.reddit.com/r/go_echelon/com ... &context=3
Last edited by cs993232 on Jan 19th, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2343 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
Quick question. In the review posted a couple of pages back - the reviewr had this app

Is this native to Echelon and is it free? I don't care much for classes but would want to know 'distance', RPM (Cadence) and resistance. Also what is the name of the app?
Feb 16, 2007
371 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
Franchise10 wrote: Quick question. In the review posted a couple of pages back - the reviewr had this app

Is this native to Echelon and is it free? I don't care much for classes but would want to know 'distance', RPM (Cadence) and resistance. Also what is the name of the app?
This is the Echelon 'freestyle ride' option in the Echelon app. It's free to use and will provide you with distance, rpm, calories and output without any additional equipment.
Last edited by mounties99 on Jan 19th, 2021 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 29, 2019
32 posts
30 upvotes
Nomad753 wrote: Just to add a bit of clarity around the cost structure as it wasn't clear to me. Paleton membership WITH the Paleton bike is $49/month, which is in line with what Echelon charges. If you do not have a Paleton bike, but only want to use the Paleton App, the membership is only $16.99/month.

Having said that, as others have mentioned, there's a way to get the first year free with Echelon.
My subscription will renew at 19.99CAD/mo when my trial is up.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2343 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
mounties99 wrote: This is the Echelon 'free ride' option in the Echelon app. It's free to use and will provide you with distance, rpm, calories and output without any additional equipment.
Awesome thanks! Checking Stocktrack it looks like Walmart has ~2,170 left for pre-order for a Feb 21 shipment date? Online stock: 2172 (AcceptingPreorder)

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=81306102503
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2404 posts
1055 upvotes
cs993232 wrote: Image

my console says the firmware is at its test, is that what everyone has? I googled and found ver 50.99 from here:
https://echelonfit.zendesk.com/hc/en-us ... sion-10-00

I am curious about this as I have difficulty to connect the bike with my 10" Huawei tablet from Fido, it is connected to my android phone though.
also for those who are curious about differences between all echelon models, this may give a good starting point:
https://www.reddit.com/r/go_echelon/com ... &context=3
I have The same firmware and hardware combination with no update available as well.
Aug 14, 2016
62 posts
46 upvotes
ColinS52412 wrote: My subscription will renew at 19.99CAD/mo when my trial is up.
Tks. I went by the "Echelon United Monthly-CA" pass, which is $49.99. Seems it's different than what you have experienced. I'll edit my previous post so it's not misleading.
Apr 7, 2009
533 posts
334 upvotes
toronto
Cancelled my pre-order and went with the Sunny Health from Costco. Worth the bit extra $ for the heavier flywheel and extra adjustability; getting it a few weeks earlier seals the deal. Thx
Feb 16, 2007
371 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
Franchise10 wrote: Awesome thanks! Checking Stocktrack it looks like Walmart has ~2,170 left for pre-order for a Feb 21 shipment date? Online stock: 2172 (AcceptingPreorder)

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=81306102503
Any time. I've never been a fan of spin bikes but I picked this thing up at $599 during the black friday event and it's been amazing for my mental health if nothing else. It's a great release after a busy workday. I do have a couple of couple of issues with the bike and app however:

1) Their music catalogue isn't great. I wouldn't mind better music during classes
2) My bike had a bit of a knocking sound after about a month of use. Someone in this thread recommended loosening and then tightening screws to eliminate the knocking sound and that worked for me.
3) I can't get my Apple Watch to connect to the Echelon app. I've tried the Blueheart app and just cannot for the life of me get it to work
4) I can see me outgrowing the bike's tension. I can already max out during some of the classes, and it's fine for now, but I could see me wanting more tension in a few months

Hope you enjoy the bike if/when you get one!
Jan 21, 2017
897 posts
290 upvotes
Y’all making it super tempting !! Though once my condo gym opens up, we do have bikes and treadmills... :(
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2005
2343 posts
792 upvotes
Toronto
mounties99 wrote: Any time. I've never been a fan of spin bikes but I picked this thing up at $599 during the black friday event and it's been amazing for my mental health if nothing else. It's a great release after a busy workday. I do have a couple of couple of issues with the bike and app however:

1) Their music catalogue isn't great. I wouldn't mind better music during classes
2) My bike had a bit of a knocking sound after about a month of use. Someone in this thread recommended loosening and then tightening screws to eliminate the knocking sound and that worked for me.
3) I can't get my Apple Watch to connect to the Echelon app. I've tried the Blueheart app and just cannot for the life of me get it to work
4) I can see me outgrowing the bike's tension. I can already max out during some of the classes, and it's fine for now, but I could see me wanting more tension in a few months

Hope you enjoy the bike if/when you get one!
You really didn’t have to go and provide that review but it is greatly appreciated. Will place an order soon. Most is covered from works fitness reimbursement so can’t complain :). Now just trying to offload my upright bike.
Apr 26, 2020
5 posts
1 upvote
Is anyone experiencing a clicking noise when pedaling to a certain cadence? When I hit around 90-95, the left pedal clicks until I get higher or lower.

I tried to tighten the key pedal and it didn't seem to help just changed the clock noise a bit....
Jan 22, 2010
168 posts
153 upvotes
Regina
CKPlacka wrote: Is anyone experiencing a clicking noise when pedaling to a certain cadence? When I hit around 90-95, the left pedal clicks until I get higher or lower.

I tried to tighten the key pedal and it didn't seem to help just changed the clock noise a bit....
I had/have the same thing. It kind of comes and goes in the left pedal. I think I have resolved it but using a real set of wrenches on the pedal instead of the garbage wrenches it came with. If the noise changed after tightening that would lead me to believe the clicking is coming from the pedal.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
2434 posts
1982 upvotes
Markham
In case anyone needs a visual of the Echelon mat size relative to the bike.

I know it’s a little past the back of the mat but that was because I chose not to cover the logo.
Images
  • 0BA2076C-017F-44AE-A54B-0181AC691606.jpeg
  • 0EA0E849-589C-462E-B34C-D7D1BB73A62B.jpeg

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Sep 13, 2018
104 posts
161 upvotes
Thinking of getting this. Is there a return policy for this if I don't like it?

Can't find the info on walmart's website.
Jan 22, 2010
168 posts
153 upvotes
Regina
RKD60520 wrote: Thinking of getting this. Is there a return policy for this if I don't like it?

Walmart has a 90 day return policy.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11174 posts
3683 upvotes
RKD60520 wrote: Thinking of getting this. Is there a return policy for this if I don't like it?

You'll like it (unless you don't like spin). It's an impressive bike for the money $.
Jul 13, 2018
177 posts
306 upvotes
Ottawa
HDawg wrote: In case anyone needs a visual of the Echelon mat size relative to the bike.

I know it’s a little past the back of the mat but that was because I chose not to cover the logo.
Why don't you put the mat the other way round? That way the logo should mostly show in between the back legs, and you can push your bike forward a bit...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)