• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2020 12:59 pm
[OP]
Mar 2, 2008
973 posts
1345 upvotes
Blips & Chitz

[Echo.ca] Echo Fall Sale - $100 off CS-590 chainsaw

No log carrier or standalone saw case (package deal only) like last year. Best deal might be $100 off of arguably the best bang-for-your-buck saw CS-590.

https://www.flipsnack.com/EchoPower/202 ... -view.html
8 replies
Jun 17, 2012
46 posts
68 upvotes
Lavaltrie, QC
I guess one must contact a local seller to get the rebate? Home Depot didn’t adjust theirs yet.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7109 posts
1170 upvotes
Toronto
BlackShaman wrote: I guess one must contact a local seller to get the rebate? Home Depot didn’t adjust theirs yet.
That's not necessarily a bad thing. I've read that some local sellers offer a free extra chain or free tuneups etc. as an inducement to buy from them.
[OP]
Mar 2, 2008
973 posts
1345 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
BlackShaman wrote: I guess one must contact a local seller to get the rebate? Home Depot didn’t adjust theirs yet.
I assume Echo "dealers " would have the sale prices already in place. Not sure if resellers of the odd Echo product (like Home Depot) have to honor the these prices. Note that Home Depot (at least in BC) doesn't appear in the Store Locator search on the Echo website.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7109 posts
1170 upvotes
Toronto
brghunter wrote: I assume Echo "dealers " would have the sale prices already in place. Not sure if resellers of the odd Echo product (like Home Depot) have to honor the these prices. Note that Home Depot (at least in BC) doesn't appear in the Store Locator search on the Echo website.
Why wouldn't they price match?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2036 posts
1022 upvotes
Ugh I'm thinking i should have gone with a gas chainsaw vs the EGO. Didn't realize that the 2.5 amp battery is NOT good enough for a chainsaw. Sometimes this forum leads you down the wrong path...
[OP]
Mar 2, 2008
973 posts
1345 upvotes
Blips & Chitz
Inno wrote: Why wouldn't they price match?
Not saying they won't. Just that they aren't an official Echo dealer, so they won't necessarily adjust prices automatically when an Echo sale comes along. Also, most of the saw prices read "Starting at...". There isn't an exact price listed for a specific model/bar length, so HD could technically say there isn't an advertised price, just $X off, so no price match.

Will they price match? Possibly. I'd say YMMV.
Oct 14, 2007
331 posts
235 upvotes
Thedford
Thanks OP

I have always had good service from Echo products.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7109 posts
1170 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone here have this saw? I'm wondering how well their "Easy-pull" starting system works? I have a Stihl 034 and there's a lot of resistance.
(Guess that means compression is good!)

I'm looking for less effort and a quicker start.