Red Hot Deal on Chainsaw Case and Canvas Log Carrier

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2018 5:29 pm
[OP]
Dec 19, 2010
711 posts
236 upvotes

[Echo.ca] Red Hot Deal on Chainsaw Case and Canvas Log Carrier

I saw a local dealer post the below flyer on their Facebook page but I can't find an actual link to it anywhere on the Echo website. Regardless, I went to different dealer on the weekend who is closer and they were able to pull it up. Being an Echo dealer is definitely a secondary consideration to them considering the $500k tractors lined up in their lot, so it caught the salesman off guard. He was amazed at the deal and honored it without question.

The chainsaw case is a great design, and I prefer it to some of others I have (Stihl OEM case and another 1 piece molded generic case) as it's stackable and has a lot of user friendly storage integral. The scabbard can be removed and it can just be used as a misc storage/tool box. Great deal and I've been looking at these and the Husqvarna Powerbox (same case, different branding) for some time and almost pulled the trigger on the regular price.

The $6 log carrier is also a steal and I don't know why I haven't bought one until now. This time of the year I don't bring my firewood indoors (mostly because of bugs and becuase my stove isn't running 24/7 yet) and just carry it in by the arm load.

The promotion appears to run right through to November 30th (it started 1 Spetember).

10 replies
[OP]
Dec 19, 2010
711 posts
236 upvotes
I should add that some dealers are also Shindaiwa dealers (as they are the same parent company) and they have a good promotion running on a 1 piece molded chainsaw case. Again, I can't find a link to this flyer anywhere, and there's no mention of a expiration date, but I would imagine it runs concurrent to the Echo sale.

I have this case (marketed as a Jonsered case) and it's been decent enough and has the bonus of not having to pull off the scabbard every time you access the saw.

Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2005
5308 posts
30219 upvotes
Montreal
Damn, I own a Husqvarna softshell bag for my saw, but for the price and practicallity of the Echo box I'm switching. Thanks OP.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7494 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
I see that HD in the US carries this case, but it does not show on the .ca site. I was hoping to be able to Price Beat at HD. Trying calling them but no one in the chainsaw dept picked up the phone.

Anyone know if these are in HD.ca inventory?

Edit: Called HD. They carry Echo products but not the case.
Last edited by Inno on Oct 23rd, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 5, 2009
240 posts
558 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the post. Any suggestions on if worthwhile to go with one of the saws in the promo too?
[OP]
Dec 19, 2010
711 posts
236 upvotes
ToolHound wrote: Thanks for the post. Any suggestions on if worthwhile to go with one of the saws in the promo too?
I can't say how much of a deal that CS-501P is compared to it's regular price, but $550 for a 50cc professional grade saw wit ha 5 year warranty seems like a hell of a deal. I've heard good things about them.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1175 posts
718 upvotes
East of Toronto
Cannot speak to the saws on promo but have owned and used a CS-400 for about as decade. Very pleased with the saw. Starts easily every time and runs smoothly.
Oct 21, 2018
131 posts
41 upvotes
I have two boxes but never use. Just take up space
[OP]
Dec 19, 2010
711 posts
236 upvotes
JeffH60919 wrote: I have two boxes but never use. Just take up space
I rarely go in to the bush without my saw in a case. I prefer not to have $1k saws bouncing around in the trailer, loader bucket, or whatever it is I'm using that particular day. Plus it keeps it out of the elements (i.e. snow) until I'm ready to use it and in between uses,

The same principle kind of applies for storage too. I don't like the saws lying around the shop (be it on a shelf or on the floor) where they can be banged around and/or get covered in dust/grime.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7494 posts
1455 upvotes
Toronto
I was able to order a couple of the log carriers through the TSC in Guelph. They are Echo dealers but do not stock the carriers or the saw cases.