Ecobee 4 Thermostat - $279. Reg $329.00 [Amazon Canada, Rona, Best Buy]

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 29th, 2019 1:55 pm
Apr 4, 2017
49 posts
25 upvotes
Keigotw wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 8:27 am
Don’t think is discontinued yet. Canadian Tire just didn’t want to sell you at price matched price.
Well I kept (and spent) the $30 promo card after they refunded my purchase so jokes on them.
Deal Guru
Mar 25, 2003
13490 posts
2731 upvotes
Markham
Deallionaire wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 11:51 am
Well I kept (and spent) the $30 promo card after they refunded my purchase so jokes on them.
I contacted ecobee
Canadian Tire claims ecobee 4 is discontinued and they won't be getting anymore stock. Is that true?
if so, when is a new ecobee coming out?
ecobee Support (ecobee Support)
Apr 29, 12:49 PM EDT

Hello,

Thank you for contacting ecobee Support.

The ecobee4 has not been discontinued and is still being sold. I can't comment on any future potential ecobee products, but if you'd like to stay up to date on ecobee product releases, I'd recommend following our social media channels.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out.
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Sep 1, 2008
245 posts
127 upvotes
Roger21 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 12:09 am
I did it, the Ecobee is OK, but still better than the nest. The recovery function is really the only thing I care about in a thermostat.
The Nest also has the equivalent feature to Ecobee's "Smart Recovery", it's called "Early On". I actually prefer my own settings, because I have don't trust their "heuristics".
Lush78 wrote:
Apr 29th, 2019 8:28 am
I'm curious what you like better about the ecobee? I've been using Nest since launch, so I'm wondering what I'm missing... I also have the nest cameras and protects, and heavily invested in the google ecosystem, so I probably won't be switching anytime soon, but would welcome your opinion...
Based on what I've read, the Ecobee has all the features of the Nest and more. One basic feature that my old dumb Honeywell has that the Nest still doesn't support: Fan Operation Schedules. Instead, it has a static daily interval that doesn't even differentiate between weekdays & weekends. Also, their heat/cool "scheduled events" can only be set 1-hour apart, not granular enough. The Ecobee's interface also looks much more useful, where you can see most relevant infos in one glance. The Nest is all about form over function, a good purchase for people who would put eyelashes on their car's head lights. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes