Jun 3, 2016
239 posts
124 upvotes
Ajax Ont.

Ecobee - Free SmartSensors for doors and windows 2-pack YMMV

Savings:
Retailer:
Ecobee
Received the below email with an offer to receive free two smart sensors to pair with your existing Ecobee thermostat when you sign up for a FREE one month trial of the Ecobee Haven service. Trial can be cancelled anytime before the month and no payment information is required. The regular price for the sensors is $99, once signed up you will receive an email with the discount code.

Meet the contact and motion sensor that works with your ecobee Thermostat and the new ecobee Haven home monitoring service to notify you about entries, exits, and when motion is detected inside in your home while you are away.

Haven uses Wi-Fi and geofencing technology to automatically arm and disarm your home based on your presence, no keypads and codes required.

With Haven, SmartSensor adapts to your presence, so when you’re home it continues to monitor what is open and closed, but the motion detection turns off. You can also customize alerts for monitoring where and when you want them, like your front entryway after school.

For a limited time, get a 2-pack of sensors when you try ecobee Haven free for 1 month, no credit card required.*
With time, everything will go on sale...
126 replies
Jul 10, 2019
28 posts
361 upvotes
I received mine this week. Free is free. But I read some where that these devices will work only with ecobee (paid membership) and not with smart things.
May 8, 2013
51 posts
18 upvotes
Already redeemed mine and received it. The email has a coupon code in it, also already unsubscribed.
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2005
3784 posts
1174 upvotes
Toronto
So what happens when you unsubscribe? Do you get to keep the sensors? Will they still work without a subscription?
Jun 1, 2005
889 posts
227 upvotes
GVR
sigh I didn't get this email.

Do you guys donate your data by any chance?
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1877 posts
329 upvotes
Check the app, I had a notification at the top. Clicking on it you get this screen:

Screenshot.jpg

Personally I have no need for these so won't be signing up.
Dec 7, 2017
18 posts
21 upvotes
I login my android Ecobee app and the offer show up on the top, just click on button to start trial. It said will send email for the coupon to redeem free sensor
Images
  • upload.png
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1357 posts
480 upvotes
Richmond, ON
I logged into the app, no offer.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34034 posts
19899 upvotes
Ottawa
Sensors will be useless if you don't intend to subscribe.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6226 posts
5403 upvotes
Calgary
vkizzle wrote: Sensors will be useless if you don't intend to subscribe.
Hopefully people listen. E waste.
Mar 2, 2006
386 posts
168 upvotes
Got the sensor last week. Offer was in the app when I opened it. Sensor use is pretty limited, need subscription to get notification on phone else you can still get sensor status from the app without subscription. Using it right now as a garage door sensor right now for those "did I close the garage" moments.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
16972 posts
6125 upvotes
No offer here.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburders eat people