Hot Deals

[Ecobee] Ecobee - Free SmartSensors for doors and windows 2-pack YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 8:13 am
Jan 25, 2006
25 posts
6 upvotes
Kitchener
I believe their camera can work as a siren not sure if the thermostat with Alexa built in can do the same. You can see the sensor status without Haven but can't really do much with them if you don't have the service. Home Assistant doesn't see them but I believe someone has already made the feature request.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11874 posts
10806 upvotes
The Haven system will arm the system when all with the Ecobee app left the house.
But there may be someone in the household using a flip phone or do not have a mobile phone. I don't want Haven system to arm my system when the people with the Ecobee app left the house.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Zoomer $36 loyalty 4GB plan, $0 FPL home phone. Have a better and better day!
Feb 26, 2007
121 posts
163 upvotes
Repooc wrote: So what happens when you unsubscribe? Do you get to keep the sensors? Will they still work without a subscription?
I called Ecobee. Answer is they are pretty useless without a subscription. With an active subscription, you will get immediate notifications for movement. Without a subscription, there’s no notifications. But the rep said if you open the app, it will list the results.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6237 posts
5419 upvotes
Calgary
embguy wrote: The Haven system will arm the system when all with the Ecobee app left the house.
But there may be someone in the household using a flip phone or do not have a mobile phone. I don't want Haven system to arm my system when the people with the Ecobee app left the house.
That is optional.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6237 posts
5419 upvotes
Calgary
Their smart switches act as alarms now too. A loud siren! Pretty cool.
Jun 21, 2010
255 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
bubboteaboy wrote: My suspicion is that it is dependent on the Ecobee thermostat version you have. Maybe people can post what they have and whether or not they got the offer.

I got the Ecobee 3 Lite - no offer.

I have the Ecobee 3 Lite and received the offer and am waiting for it to ship now
Mar 5, 2019
48 posts
625 upvotes
Ottawa
Make sure your thermostat is connected to the internet. You will not get the offer code automatically if you're not connected. Contact customer support for assistance and they'll email you a code afterwards if your account is eligible.

Fyi customer service did check phone model and app version then had to check with team before emailing the code a couple of hours later because my thermostat was offline when I submitted for the offer.

Thanks OP!!
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11874 posts
10806 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Their smart switches act as alarms now too. A loud siren! Pretty cool.
Is the siren coming door/windows switch?
Do you have a siren installed at your house?

I heard the 1 beep on my phone app when the room sensors and/or door sensor detected motion and a notification on my phone notification bar.
Public Mobile $36 5GB, $12 250MB, 2x $6 50min/50text, Fido $5 4GB data only plan with a free tablet,
Nov 2, 2018
43 posts
18 upvotes
I got the coupon code but it forces me to order to an US address though am registered in Canada.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6237 posts
5419 upvotes
Calgary
narut0 wrote: Is there a siren that will alarm or its just a sensor thingy? Thanks
If your thermostat has a speaker it will have a siren option with Haven. My smart switches emit a siren now if I tell it to.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6237 posts
5419 upvotes
Calgary
embguy wrote: Is the siren coming door/windows switch?
Do you have a siren installed at your house?

I heard the 1 beep on my phone app when the room sensors and/or door sensor detected motion and a notification on my phone notification bar.
The siren comes from my ecobee smart switches. I assume if you have an ecobee thermostat with Alexa it will act like a siren as well. Ecobee smart switches are light switches.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
11874 posts
10806 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: The siren comes from my ecobee smart switches. I assume if you have an ecobee thermostat with Alexa it will act like a siren as well. Ecobee smart switches are light switches.
I don't have the smart light switch.
My system consists of Ecobee 3 Lite + 2 room sensors + 2 door/windows sensors.

The following Ecobee items has the Alexa built-in and act as siren:
1. The new Ecobee security camera can be used as Alexa voice and siren.
2. Ecobee 4 with Alexa
3. Ecobee light switch with Alexa
Dec 24, 2006
121 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
cazzo1980 wrote: I logged into the app, no offer.
Look in Subscriptions. I have notifications off for Ecobee app but the link to start trial and get gift code is there.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2063 posts
1037 upvotes
dj_vc wrote: Look in Subscriptions. I have notifications off for Ecobee app but the link to start trial and get gift code is there.
What am I missing here... doesn't say anything about the free devices or code
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.18.40 AM.png