[Ecobee] Ecobee - Free SmartSensors for doors and windows 2-pack YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 8:13 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6226 posts
5403 upvotes
Calgary
Waiting for mine to ship for a week now. Anyone else notice a lag for shipping notice?
Apr 18, 2007
451 posts
292 upvotes
Got a code by emailing them (didn't automatically get one). Made the order. Thanks OP, should come in handy.
Sep 26, 2010
173 posts
36 upvotes
razrsharp wrote: What am I missing here... doesn't say anything about the free devices or code
Screen Shot 2020-09-09 at 10.18.40 AM.png
I had same issue
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2056 posts
1030 upvotes
Arcticsilverfox wrote: Got a code by emailing them (didn't automatically get one). Made the order. Thanks OP, should come in handy.
What email address did you contact?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
2056 posts
1030 upvotes
Arcticsilverfox wrote: https://support.ecobee.com/hc/en-us/req ... 1599177815

If link doesn't work, go to their website, go to "Contact Us" -> "Send us a Message"
Thanks, gave it a shot. The way I see it, these extra sensors can allow me to go full security system with a bundle at the cottage, covering most windows and doors. I think the subscription fee will be worth it, and a possible insurance discount as well.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1614 posts
586 upvotes
Same. My one month trial is going to be over before I get them lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6226 posts
5403 upvotes
Calgary
RAINMAN0 wrote: Same. My one month trial is going to be over before I get them lol.
My door sensors showed up today without a tracking email. Easy install.
Jun 21, 2010
253 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
RAINMAN0 wrote: Same. My one month trial is going to be over before I get them lol.
I called today about the same thing, ordered 2 weeks ago received today. The rep reset my trial period until Oct 11. Second problem was 1 of the sensors did not pair, troubleshooted with rep, bad battery, asked for replacement battery, told nope, your problem, you replace the battery, we know there is a problem, but they would not replace it.....
so much for customer service
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6226 posts
5403 upvotes
Calgary
norrric wrote: I called today about the same thing, ordered 2 weeks ago received today. The rep reset my trial period until Oct 11. Second problem was 1 of the sensors did not pair, troubleshooted with rep, bad battery, asked for replacement battery, told nope, your problem, you replace the battery, we know there is a problem, but they would not replace it.....
so much for customer service
Maybe if you paid for the sensors they would have sent you a 2$ battery.
Dec 22, 2017
9 posts
2 upvotes
I got my sensors without tracking number. Today I received the tracking number. How can I unsubscribe now?
Jun 21, 2010
253 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
SammyDavis wrote: Maybe if you paid for the sensors they would have sent you a 2$ battery.
Bwaaa ha ha ha...No

The agent said they do not send batteries if I paid for the sensors or not. He says they do not ship consumables.

And I received a text message and email on Saturday that my sensors "were on the way".....
The tracking number they gave me was for the sensors I received Friday .....

That's customer service?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2003
6496 posts
2775 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Got mine last month. I have issues with 1 sensor where it keep losing connection since day 1. I sent a ticket in a few days ago about it.

But I won't be keeping the monthly sub at $7 after the trial. It says you can still see if your door is opened or closed in the app and that's good enough for me :)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6226 posts
5403 upvotes
Calgary
norrric wrote: Bwaaa ha ha ha...No

The agent said they do not send batteries if I paid for the sensors or not. He says they do not ship consumables.

And I received a text message and email on Saturday that my sensors "were on the way".....
The tracking number they gave me was for the sensors I received Friday .....

That's customer service?
There’s a pandemic.
Jun 6, 2017
143 posts
43 upvotes
RagDhar wrote: I got my sensors without tracking number. Today I received the tracking number. How can I unsubscribe now?
To modify go to : subscribe.ecobee.com I guess you need to login to your account and change, I got this from their CS. Thanks.