Hot Deals

[Ecobee] Ecobee - Free SmartSensors for doors and windows 2-pack YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 19th, 2020 8:13 am
Nov 21, 2018
194 posts
198 upvotes
Mission, BC
I have Wyze sensors, but am willing to try this too - code came within 10 minutes, it's $100 normally but they'll send it for free. I guess they're banking on people continuing with the subscription.
Infinus Technology Inc
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2003
2247 posts
817 upvotes
BrendanC wrote: I have Wyze sensors, but am willing to try this too - code came within 10 minutes, it's $100 normally but they'll send it for free. I guess they're banking on people continuing with the subscription.

Code came within 10 minutes of what?
Nov 21, 2018
194 posts
198 upvotes
Mission, BC
drunkgoat wrote: Code came within 10 minutes of what?
Of clicking on the popup in the app, and starting the trial of Haven
Infinus Technology Inc
Nov 26, 2018
2 posts
Received Installed, Works great at least now I don't have to double back and question whether I closed the garage or not, open the app and it will let you know!

Thank you all
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6236 posts
5422 upvotes
Calgary
They sent me 2 codes so I received 4 sensors. Nice of them and I will be subscribing when I travel. They work well.
Dec 19, 2011
173 posts
65 upvotes
Hamilton
maximumsavings wrote: The Sensors should work locally without a subscription. You just dont get notifications for them it seems.

If you tie them into Home Assistant, you should be able to use them as generic door sensors.
How did you get them into hass? Did you just link them to the Ecobee without the subscription, then they were detected in hass through the ecobee integration?
Oct 15, 2017
6 posts
2 upvotes
I tried calling customer service a few times but ultimately I was not eligible for the offer so i never go the door sensors.
I had previously purchased extra temperature sensors for my ecobee, and those show up in home assistant when I added the ecobee integration.
They also report occupancy but are not very accurate, and quite slow.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2007
5089 posts
2700 upvotes
Toronto
Great way to know if your kid went to school or not. Also great way to trick your parents you left when you are supposed to by opening and closing the door and rather staying home playing video game instead.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1091 posts
196 upvotes
do they detect motion?
twice i saw on the alert page that motion was detected but could not reproduce it
Nov 21, 2018
194 posts
198 upvotes
Mission, BC
phht wrote: do they detect motion?
twice i saw on the alert page that motion was detected but could not reproduce it
Yes the circular part at the bottom is a motion sensor. It's okay. I'm on the fence as to whether to spend the $7 per month but they extended my free trial to mid November
Infinus Technology Inc
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34041 posts
19915 upvotes
Ottawa
maximumsavings wrote: I tried calling customer service a few times but ultimately I was not eligible for the offer so i never go the door sensors.
I had previously purchased extra temperature sensors for my ecobee, and those show up in home assistant when I added the ecobee integration.
They also report occupancy but are not very accurate, and quite slow.
The room sensors detects occupancy in a 30min window.
Penalty Box
Apr 23, 2017
597 posts
338 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: They sent me 2 codes so I received 4 sensors. Nice of them and I will be subscribing when I travel. They work well.
How did you manage to get 2 codes? Lol
Information is wealth, but again, depends on what you're pursuing & what it's worth to you😎💡
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2006
1729 posts
236 upvotes
North York
Cancelled today, but the cancel date is Nov 30, 2020.. weird.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6236 posts
5422 upvotes
Calgary
yugsekwaf wrote: How did you manage to get 2 codes? Lol
Their online support takes a long time to reply. I asked a few times and different people replied with different codes.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2008
1091 posts
196 upvotes
Has anybody found a software which works with these windows/doors sensors?