• Dec 10th, 2020 1:59 pm
Tags:
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8257 posts
5760 upvotes

Ecobee sensors

I have an Ecobee 3.

If the thermostat is in one room, but the main room of the house is on the other side of the building and often seems cooler, would the ecobee sensor be a good buy? It would keep the temp in the main room set properly but would other rooms in the house end up being warmer?

Like the room the thermostat is in? The furnace can't send the heat only to one area so I'm not sure what the sensors do to compensate.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30057 upvotes
Center of Universe
Squirrel99 wrote: I have an Ecobee 3.

If the thermostat is in one room, but the main room of the house is on the other side of the building and often seems cooler, would the ecobee sensor be a good buy? It would keep the temp in the main room set properly but would other rooms in the house end up being warmer?

Like the room the thermostat is in? The furnace can't send the heat only to one area so I'm not sure what the sensors do to compensate.
Without active dampers, the rest of the house will warmer.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Without active dampers, the rest of the house will warmer.
Turn on furnace fan to circulate air in the house will even out temperature a bit.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8257 posts
5760 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: Without active dampers, the rest of the house will warmer.
That's what I thought

I should put some thermometers out and see if there is much of a difference anyway, it could just be one person in the house just feels colder than everyone else