• Aug 16th, 2020 4:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1252 posts
75 upvotes
oshawa

economical and best purpose ladder

i just got a townhome and thought i need to buy a ladder soon. any recommendations?
if you dont have an answer, dont repond to my thread.
I need answers, and thats why i use redflagdeals forums.
5 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9160 posts
4688 upvotes
Paris
Yes... one of the multi-function ladders. Small enough to store without a garage, but the 19 foot model gets you pretty far up your house. I didnt buy one for years and now its all I use. They are on the heavier side though.
Jun 26, 2019
557 posts
446 upvotes
Jerico wrote: Yes... one of the multi-function ladders. Small enough to store without a garage, but the 19 foot model gets you pretty far up your house. I didnt buy one for years and now its all I use. They are on the heavier side though.
+1 on this, Canadian tire usually has a decent sale on their 17' multi-function ladder.

Other than that, you could just wait for a sale on a 6' one.

I think I started with a 8', then bought a 6', then a 28' then a few small ones/single steps, then a 17' multi function, then a 4' one. So yeah, got a bit of a ladder collection going, but I seem to use all of them enough, and HD/Lowes tend to have some really good sales/"special buys" if you keep your eye out. Or just let people tell you on hot deals.

Funny enough, I use the multi-fuction one the least out of all of them, but I could probably get rid of most of them and just use the multi-function one.
May 23, 2006
762 posts
70 upvotes
Vancouver
townhouse usually have a ladder in the common area for everyone to use. have you checked?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9160 posts
4688 upvotes
Paris
SubjectivelyObjective wrote: +1 on this, Canadian tire usually has a decent sale on their 17' multi-function ladder.

Other than that, you could just wait for a sale on a 6' one.

I think I started with a 8', then bought a 6', then a 28' then a few small ones/single steps, then a 17' multi function, then a 4' one. So yeah, got a bit of a ladder collection going, but I seem to use all of them enough, and HD/Lowes tend to have some really good sales/"special buys" if you keep your eye out. Or just let people tell you on hot deals.

Funny enough, I use the multi-fuction one the least out of all of them, but I could probably get rid of most of them and just use the multi-function one.
I use my 2 step ladder, my 6 foot step, and my multi-function. Anything remotely outside gets the multi, but inside is a mix of the 2 lighter ones. I don’t like 8 foot steps at all as they are hard to store so got rid of mine. I still have one of these https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mast ... p.html#srp and its the biggest pain in the butt in the world to use and I regret ever buying it. It did fit to store in the first house I owned which had no garage. Should have bought a Little Giant type at the time, but it was $150 on sale.

I also have an extension ladder and havent used it since getting the multi
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2017
3848 posts
3956 upvotes
GTA
My 6' folding ladder gets 95% of use around the house. I also have a 20' extension ladder that I really I only use for Christmas lights now. I haven't had to clean the gutters or get up on the roof in many years.