• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2019 11:21 pm
[OP]
Jun 3, 2007
486 posts
108 upvotes
Scarborough

[Amazon.ca] ECOVACS DEEBOT N79S Robotic Vacuum Cleaner

My old roomba is dead and was looking for a replacement, this one seems good, camelcamel shows it's historical low.
29 replies
Nov 28, 2010
491 posts
261 upvotes
Deal of the day on Amazon - 33 % off the DEEBOT N79S

This falls at a great timing for me as I was in the market for a robot vacuum without breaking the bank and this model came up very often in my research.

Ready to get crucified !
Sep 18, 2013
12 posts
13 upvotes
Would like advice on this model over the Eufy 11s that I have been eying for a while... Any preference?

Thanks!!!
Nov 28, 2009
514 posts
302 upvotes
Pickering
Beddyboy wrote: Would like advice on this model over the Eufy 11s that I have been eying for a while... Any preference?

Thanks!!!
I have this exact model, works like a charm compared to others in its class this is best value for what you get. This robot vacuum does an excellent job and has a HEPA filter. Reviews show this model beats out the iRobot 690 in many ways. Solid vacuum.
Oct 24, 2010
270 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
Beddyboy wrote: Would like advice on this model over the Eufy 11s that I have been eying for a while... Any preference?

Thanks!!!
to me, this one looks exactly like eufy 11s. the remote, the vac itself with the brushes, the power button etc etc but with a wifi capabilities and longer battery life..
I have eufy...thinking about buying this one for the first floor...

edit: i thought it was just a rebranded vac, but maybe not..
Eufy is quieter, smaller, has stronger suction power, bigger bin size but without wifi.
I will wait for 11s to go on sale again instead.
Last edited by markymark01 on May 2nd, 2019 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 25, 2010
559 posts
228 upvotes
Good timing. I was just reading up on robot vacs lol. The eufy has a zigzag pattern, while the deebot has a random pattern so takes longer but it has app control via phone etc so that’s nice. The rest of the differences are minor. Reading reviews if there is a problem the eufy company sounds better to deal with than the deebot company
Aug 13, 2015
94 posts
191 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Iv had this vacuum for almost a year , works very well on pet hair . Also good with toddlers lol as my son has picked up and dropped the device many times and it's still kickin chicken :)
Oct 26, 2012
38 posts
27 upvotes
GLOUCESTER
While I agree this vacuum does the job, it's kind of 'dumb' compared to vacuums of other brands. It will almost always smash into walls, furniture, or people while other brands seem to be more aware of their surroundings.
Oct 1, 2018
102 posts
61 upvotes
How does this compare to Deebot 900 thats on costco for 499$+tax?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2003
1271 posts
418 upvotes
Ontario
We have this at home, as well as a 3 year old child and a 4 year old corgi. It's loud when it's running, but it does a good job at picking things up. It's one of the "dumber" models (sometimes it traps itself in our powder room if we've left the door open) but it's good value for money.
Aug 13, 2015
94 posts
191 upvotes
Outremont, QC
Yes , I will say it does sometimes run into walls , but it doesn't cause damage to items or the unit itself .. also as someone mentioned sometimes it does stay in one room longer than others but this has more to do with the position of the room / positioning of items the sensors pick up. If you have anooen floor concept you shouldn't have problems .
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2789 upvotes
Washington, DC
Looks like the iLife A4s is on sale for $199 as well.
I'm not sure which one is better. Both are drunken sailors.

https://www.amazon.ca/ILIFE-Cleaner-Pow ... hen&sr=1-4

Teething Troubles
The DeeBot N79 has been said to be a bit heavy handed when bumping into furniture. Bear this in mind for your pet bowls that have food or water in it. There is nothing worse than returning home to discover water everywhere and a dead automatic vacuum cleaner.

The other issue most troubling new owners is that the bin fills very quickly the first couple of weeks. Persist with it and as your home gets cleaner you will be impressed to find that the small bin is ample for the majority of homes.

Finally, your home base must not be obstructed by objects nearby it. Keep it against a wall and make sure your automatic vacuum cleaner can return to it unhindered.

Conclusion

The DeeBot N79 is very appealing at first when you read that it is Wifi enabled but when you discover that it is not able to be voice controlled then it seems less of a bonus. The ILIFE A4S isn’t trying to be anything else other than a great automatic vacuum at a budget price. Great suction, excellent filter and turbo mode make this our choice.

https://vacuumfanatics.com/deebot-n79-v ... omparison/
Last edited by lincoln on May 2nd, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2789 upvotes
Washington, DC
Oh, and the iLife A7 is only $239 as well, which has a rubber brush instead of the typical plastic bristles. Apparently these don't tangle with hair.

https://www.amazon.ca/ILIFE-Robotic-Mul ... &s=kitchen

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."
Abraham Lincoln
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2006
7895 posts
2789 upvotes
Washington, DC
I would personally go for the iLife A7 if you have carpet on the A8s if you have only hardwood floors.
Abraham Lincoln
Dec 2, 2012
67 posts
32 upvotes
I have 2 n79s, upstairs and downstairs respectively. Mixed between hardwood and area rugs. No issues in 6 months.