Expired Hot Deals

[ECS Coffee] Free Mars Flavia Coffee machine WUB $75 in Flavia Coffee packs (FS)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 8th, 2020 11:23 pm
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19665 posts
10719 upvotes
Kitchener

Free Mars Flavia Coffee machine WUB $75 in Flavia Coffee packs (FS)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
ECS Coffee

Machine is $180.
The Not-starbucks packs are around 78 cents each (pack of 100).
They have packs of 20 too.
Expires 31 Jan (or while quantities last), shipping is free and coffee packs are not taxable (basic grocery).

Popular office brand, not my favorite, but does appeal to some.

Mars Drinks Aroma Manual
32 replies
Aug 12, 2018
86 posts
56 upvotes
Thank You OP. Just what I needed to gift myself for Christmas. I ordered and the code works. 👍🏽
Images
  • F0C747DD-E57F-41F4-A605-60F02672565D.jpeg
Feb 1, 2009
71 posts
47 upvotes
Toronto
Have this at work, not great coffee quality. For the same price, I would suggest just getting a Nespresso or Keurig
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
2585 posts
290 upvotes
So i don't really get these things - if i look at this, you get 80 9gram packs of coffee for $78, that's 720 grams of coffee for $78 - you can buy a 1KG bag of the same coffee for around $20 (or less on sale). Is it really that much more convenient to use the prepackaged stuff? I mean, yeah it's easier, but not by much...
Mar 18, 2008
438 posts
117 upvotes
wiebecj wrote: So i don't really get these things - if i look at this, you get 80 9gram packs of coffee for $78, that's 720 grams of coffee for $78 - you can buy a 1KG bag of the same coffee for around $20 (or less on sale). Is it really that much more convenient to use the prepackaged stuff? I mean, yeah it's easier, but not by much...
You're paying double or triple the cost for the convenience. The advantage of pods, or in this case, packs, is it will keep the coffee fresh, which sounds good until you realize the coffee is already stale, so you get nice, freshly sealed, stale coffee at a premium price.
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19665 posts
10719 upvotes
Kitchener
wiebecj wrote: Is it really that much more convenient to use the prepackaged stuff?
Yup, that's the premium you pay for the "single-serve" convenience :)
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19665 posts
10719 upvotes
Kitchener
mopex wrote: so you get nice, freshly sealed, stale coffee at a premium price.
Not sure if these packs are vacuum/nitrogen sealed (since they won't get two-way punctured and brewed coffee doesn't pass through the machine itself).
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1244 posts
68 upvotes
Toronto
I drink a ton of it at work. The bottom of the pouch is sealed and when you put them in the machine it punctures the top and forces open the bottom. I would assume they are sealed as well as any other brand. They make at least 30 varieties. I don't have experience with this machine as we have a huge one that does espresso too.

They also have soups / hot chocolate / milk froth etc. The machine I use will also dispense hot water
Apr 27, 2011
176 posts
85 upvotes
Montreal
Confirmed working as well.
78$ with free shipping to QC, no taxes of course.

80ct Starbucks flavias with the machine.

ECS is a reliable company to order from, I order my big bags of grains to grind for use with my Bunn MyCafe device, this will be a backup one for me. :D
~ Meru Meru ~
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2829 posts
789 upvotes
Toronto
So how does this compare to tassimo or keurig?
Apr 27, 2011
176 posts
85 upvotes
Montreal
ak-47 wrote: So how does this compare to tassimo or keurig?
From working in several environments, personal taste, I find the Flavia is pretty much similar to K-cups.
The only real issue you will see is the availability, K-Cups are everywhere for semi-expensive, however, the Flavia are sparse and more expensive.
~ Meru Meru ~
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19665 posts
10719 upvotes
Kitchener
ak-47 wrote: So how does this compare to tassimo or keurig?
I caved in, Starbucks Flavia packs are $0.97 each (case of 80), same Keurig pod is regularly priced at $0.83 each (box of 96), even on 30% off sale (20% Keurig.ca sale + 10% ebates) it would come to $0.58 so if the Flavia would be similarly priced then one is effectively paying $31.2 ($27.6 + ON tax) for the machine (worst case a fancy hot water dispenser in the absence of good deals after the first 80 cups). Not too bad.
Mar 31, 2005
882 posts
206 upvotes
I am not sure but these look very much like the ones that a lot of TD banks have for their customers in branch. You could try the beverages there to see how it compares but at $1 per beverage, I would just pass...
Yes, similar tastes to Keurig but much more expensive and less selections
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
19665 posts
10719 upvotes
Kitchener
mm21xx wrote: The only real issue you will see is the availability, K-Cups are everywhere for semi-expensive, however, the Flavia are sparse and more expensive.
CanadaCoffee has the Alterra packs for cheaper ($60 vs. $78)
https://canadacoffee.ca/product-categor ... ra-coffee/

They also seem to have had the same offer (but for much higher entry cost)

Apparently marsdrinks released the machine before the Lavazza takeover and now Lavazza doesn't want anything to do with it.