Expired Hot Deals

[ecscoffee.com] HOT - Zwilling Sorrento Plus Double Wall Glass Coffee Mug with Handle 12 oz., Set of 8 $67.49 (free ship)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2019 11:36 am
23 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9544 posts
2819 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Sold out.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

“Our house is on fire.” Greta Thunberg
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9544 posts
2819 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Thanks OP. I’m giving these a try.

I don’t need eight 12-ounce glasses for coffee, but I figure four of them will be fine for beer in hot weather. :)

BTW, this set is US$63 on Amazon.com and C$90 on Amazon.ca.

https://www.amazon.ca/Zwilling-Sorrento ... 116&sr=8-3
Last edited by MexiCanuck on Dec 3rd, 2019 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it." Upton Sinclair

Nov 16, 2008
778 posts
107 upvotes
Toronto
These are great glasses. I've got the larger ones and love them. Hoping they come back in stock so I can grab a set.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2227 posts
921 upvotes
Edmonton
Aaannnd sold out, again
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Nov 11, 2019
44 posts
32 upvotes
They have these sets for $89.99 at Kitchen Stuff Plus everyday, I'm pretty sure they also go on sale for cheaper and you can use coupons on them as well.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2014
1029 posts
834 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone in Edmonton wanna split these if they go on sale again?
Nov 24, 2019
7 posts
18 upvotes
AnujS699 wrote: Anyone in Edmonton wanna split these if they go on sale again?
I could do that.
Sep 16, 2019
836 posts
922 upvotes
How do you justify paying so much for this? Not talking down on it, just genuinely curious... I mean, I've had the same Dollarama mug for over 7 years, probably close to 10.
[OP]
Aug 8, 2009
423 posts
517 upvotes
Parrajara wrote: How do you justify paying so much for this? Not talking down on it, just genuinely curious... I mean, I've had the same Dollarama mug for over 7 years, probably close to 10.
Ultra light and really nice to hold. I am not a particularly fancy guy nor do I care about branding but when I had a cup of tea at someones house in one I totally got it. It actually objectively makes the drinking experience of your beverage more enjoyable - at least for me.
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
2977 posts
980 upvotes
Toronto
if you live in toronto I believe they have similar price in their warehouse sales
Jul 25, 2017
588 posts
174 upvotes
If these come back in stock, anyone in Toronto (GTA) wants to split?
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2589 posts
2433 upvotes
I am sorry, I had a good laugh when I read the description.. anyone else find this very interesting?

Set of 8 double walled glass coffee mugs with handles

355 ml (12 oz.) capacity

Keeps hot drinks hot while remaining cool to the touch

Cold drinks remain cold for a long time.

Mouth blown by skilled artisans.

Constructed of high quality, durable borosilicate glass

German engineering. Italian design

Microwave and dishwasher safe

Made in China
Deal Addict
May 18, 2012
1012 posts
858 upvotes
MARKHAM
renegadeavenger wrote: I am sorry, I had a good laugh when I read the description.. anyone else find this very interesting?

355 ml (12 oz.) capacity

Made in China
A German and Italian employee used their mouths to engineer and design the mugs while they were living in china
[OP]
Aug 8, 2009
423 posts
517 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote: I am sorry, I had a good laugh when I read the description.. anyone else find this very interesting?

355 ml (12 oz.) capacity

Made in China
HA! When you put it like that it is pretty funny. Jokes aside, I had these wonderful mouth blown glasses in hand and they ARE pretty great - china oral or not :)
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2589 posts
2433 upvotes
zarfilg wrote: HA! When you put it like that it is pretty funny. Jokes aside, I had these wonderful mouth blown glasses in hand and they ARE pretty great - china oral or not :)
haha yeah I am not saying the product itself isn't good, just that how the description word it is definitely entertaining.

still sort of puzzled how can it be both german engineering, italian designed but yet, made in china. Probably better if they said something like, german engineering constructed with double walled borosilicate glass, italian designer appearance. Made in China.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
9544 posts
2819 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
Welcome to globalism in the 21st century.

Actually, welcome to the 20th century. Consider the Volvo P1800 sport car.
Planned in Sweden, designed in Italy, unveiled at the car show in Brussels, built in Britain and a huge success in the United States, the Volvo P1800 is Volvo's most internationally renowned model.

In 2011, this remarkable people's favorite turned 50. It was in 1961 the P1800 entered production and it reached showrooms after four years of careful planning and development; remained in production until 1973.
https://www.media.volvocars.com/us/en-u ... ases/49435

Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2015
1409 posts
850 upvotes
Mont-Royal, QC
still showing oos
back in stock and sold out again?
[OP]
Aug 8, 2009
423 posts
517 upvotes
jackfollow wrote: still showing oos
back in stock and sold out again?
Typical BF stock nonsense, things go fast. Although similar shenanigans were happening at the google store with the Pixel Slate - many had to play cart/stockcheck out whackamole