Eczema - cream options

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2020 4:17 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2013
4121 posts
742 upvotes
Richmond
You need to change doctors. Mine gave me cream at 0.5 % strength that I only use for the initial flare up.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
4588 posts
1998 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
kookzy wrote: This is an interesting article about too much hygiene:
I was hoping it would be this but alas doesn't work for me. I very sparingly use soap (it isn't really necessary unless you're covered in filth and/or oil/grease- sweat just rinses off) and take cool/cold showers depending on time of year. Can't say it's helped.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2007
1531 posts
476 upvotes
Toronto
Blanche123 wrote: Face is entirely another matter than body. Hydrocortisone cream will thin skin - and facial skin, particularly around eyes is thin to begin with, and then you have people (like me) who were born with very thin skin so we have to be extra careful. And even those who can use Hydrocortisone cream should only do so for 7 days maximum. BUT OTC Hydrocortisone is only available in 1% strength - which is too strong for the face. Hydrocortisone .5% is available but only by prescription - and again must be used very sparingly. Same with steroid creams - particularly around the eyes. I of course can't use either.
Not true. Hydrocortisone 0.5 and 1 are both available without prescription.
https://www.taro.ca/en/canada-otc-produ ... derm-Cream
Before sometime in 2014, only 0.5% was OTC. Now 1% is also OTC.
CPU: Core i7-5820K @ 4.2GHz GPU: RTX 3090 RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 48GB DDR4-2666 Case: CM StormTrooper SSD: 850 EVO 250GB x2 Raid 0 + NVMe 970 Pro 512GB Mobo: ASRock X99 Extreme4
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Monitor: ASUS PG27UQ + Dell P2715Q
Dec 12, 2005
815 posts
81 upvotes
The 905
I used to have bad eczema, until I cut out most wheat/bread.
I found that castor oil used sparingly helps almost as good as cortisone on flare ups.
Tea Tree oil can work too, but not if you have open sores on the site