• Jun 28th, 2018 10:22 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Nov 20, 2005
6579 posts
2571 upvotes

[Eddie Bauer] Canada Day Sale - 50% off Everything*

50% off Everything* with code JULY50

Exclusions: 50% off your purchase with code JULY50. Offer at Eddie Bauer retail and Eddie Bauer Outlet stores may differ. See stores for details. Offer excludes custom-ordered products, Evertherm products, sleeping bags, Peak suits, BC Duraweave and Fineline products, tents, and non-Eddie Bauer brand products, previous purchases, gift card purchases, credit card payments, taxes, shipping, or other fees. Offer at Eddie Bauer Retail stores may vary, see store for details. Offer may not be valid in stores outside the United States. Offer does not include and cannot be applied to previous, pending or post-dated purchases, credit card balances, taxes, monogramming charges, gift cards, or gift boxes. Unless explicitly stated above, offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer details, including end date, are subject to change or cancellation without notice.
22 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5141 posts
780 upvotes
Toronto
No Free Shipping?
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2008
1153 posts
278 upvotes
FREE SHIPPING
ON ORDERS OF $125 OR MORE
Free Shipping offer valid for FedEx International Ground to Canada on orders over $125 CAD after promotional discounts are applied. Valid only on online orders at eddiebauer.ca. Does not include and cannot be applied to previous or pending orders, or combined with any other offer. Auto-applied at checkout. Offer subject to change without notice.
Apr 19, 2015
186 posts
146 upvotes
I am a dumb person, but I get irrationally mad when I see a sale advertised as "50% off everything!" and then there are exclusions. If some stuff is not 50% off, then it's not 50% off everything, is it?

Same thing when you see flyers and it's like "Camping gear! $0.99-$250.00". That tells me absolutely nothing about the prices of things or the sales!
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1652 posts
656 upvotes
GavinTheAlmighty wrote:
Jun 28th, 2018 9:33 am
I am a dumb person, but I get irrationally mad when I see a sale advertised as "50% off everything!" and then there are exclusions. If some stuff is not 50% off, then it's not 50% off everything, is it?

Same thing when you see flyers and it's like "Camping gear! $0.99-$250.00". That tells me absolutely nothing about the prices of things or the sales!
Welcome to the retail industry ;)
Penalty Box
Mar 28, 2007
2941 posts
388 upvotes
Terrible experience from ordering here 2 days ago... 2 out of 3 items I ordered ended up getting canceled cause they "Ran out of stock". I was fine paying the $10 shipping when I was spending $200, but when I'm spending $40, $10 shipping is too high. Such a scam...
Positive Investing!
Banned
Jun 2, 2018
117 posts
190 upvotes
GavinTheAlmighty wrote:

get over yourself, man. if you're interested click and see.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1470 posts
607 upvotes
Quebec
Is this a real sale, or are prices always discounted with this store? And how do their products compare with, say, The North Face or MEC?
Apr 30, 2017
18 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
Pretty good deal on rain jacket I’ve been eyeing up.
Quality is comparable to MEC or Northface. I’ve worn EB jackets for over 20 years and swear by them.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1240 posts
140 upvotes
Quebec City
blackdragon12 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2018 9:39 am
Terrible experience from ordering here 2 days ago... 2 out of 3 items I ordered ended up getting canceled cause they "Ran out of stock". I was fine paying the $10 shipping when I was spending $200, but when I'm spending $40, $10 shipping is too high. Such a scam...
Yes there was a big discussion about this in the other thread, it happened to many people... what's good about some items being OOS tough is that if you got free shipping for an order over 125$, and then some items got cancelled you still get the free shipping I guess.
Anyway, after complaining, because all of the items I ordered and got cancelled for OOS were still available on the website. Company said that they just started to ship directly from the stores (or something like this) and it causes this kind of problem with the inventory, as the inventory on the website reflect the quantity for both Canada and USA. This is supposed to be fixed on July 1st.

So, be advised that what you will order now, as even if it shows in stock doesn't mean you can get it. Can be frustrating as I spent more than an hour a few days ago to find stuff, get more than 125$, and finally ordered 5 items, on which 3 were cancelled OOS and 1 backordered at the end of July (that one is a winter coat so no big deal actually haha).
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2008
2824 posts
856 upvotes
blackdragon12 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2018 9:39 am
Yes everyone should be aware that half or more of your items will suddenly be out of stock and not ship after you've placed your order

same thing happened to me.
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2010
1470 posts
607 upvotes
Quebec
SomeOtherDude wrote:
Jun 28th, 2018 10:42 am
Yes everyone should be aware that half or more of your items will suddenly be out of stock and not ship after you've placed your order

same thing happened to me.
I guess it dépends whether you buy new or clearance items, I doubt their new items will go OOS so fast.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
1971 posts
1039 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like Ebates is 2.5% too.
Nov 27, 2004
867 posts
227 upvotes
GavinTheAlmighty wrote:

Don't get me started.....hate when I see "%" off.....Shopper's does this a lot Smiling Face With Horns
Nov 7, 2007
965 posts
766 upvotes
Portage la Prairie
Got a down parka last fall, it's been great.
After Under Armour lowered the cotton content of their "charged cotton" t-shirts, I tried EB.
After a couple for a test fit and trial, I got a whole bunch of their tees and really like them.
I need 3XL so I always have to order everything online.