Expired Hot Deals

[Eddie Bauer] Eddie Bauer additional 60% off clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 8:19 pm
Jul 10, 2017
35 posts
30 upvotes
CalgaryRunner wrote: Yeah, I agree that their customer service stinks. I bought an Evertherm hooded jacket when they were blowing them out in February for 60% off and had to contact customer service several times to get an issue resolved. Emailing them was useless and I had to call them twice to nag them and it still took several weeks to sort it out. It left a bad taste in my mouth but I have to admit that the jacket is fantastic.
Good to know, sitting here trying to figure if it's worth ordering the jacket again after the last attempt. Yours is the Evertherm Hoodie not the BC Jacket right? Can I ask, does the fit run smaller than normal (I saw some mentions) or can I stick with a medium?

Thanks,
Jay
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
yao416 wrote: Curious. How much was the Evertherm hoodie from the last sale
It was $120 during the February sale - it was a smoking deal for that jacket.
JayFleming wrote: Good to know, sitting here trying to figure if it's worth ordering the jacket again after the last attempt. Yours is the Evertherm Hoodie not the BC Jacket right? Can I ask, does the fit run smaller than normal (I saw some mentions) or can I stick with a medium?

Thanks,
Jay
Yes, mine is the Evertherm jacket with the hood - the really thin down one. I'd say it fits true to size or perhaps a little bit smaller than normal. If you want to wear it as as your only layer, your true size is probably the best bet. If you want to wear a mid-layer and use this as your top layer, size up one size.

I fall between S and M (wait, that didn't sound right . . .) and tried both on in a store. I intended to use it as my only layer and for me both sizes were OK, but the small was a better fit for me.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Jul 4, 2015
270 posts
129 upvotes
Edmonton
Are these clearance items returnable if they don’t fit?
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
JayFleming wrote: Yours is the Evertherm Hoodie not the BC Jacket right?
Oh, I just noticed that there's an item labelled as "EverTherm Down Stretch Hoodie" but what I bought in February was the "EverTherm Down Hooded Jacket". It's a different item.

I forgot to mention that when I tried on the small and medium sizes in the store, the extremely hot sales clerk helping me out said I looked better in the small. That sealed the deal for me.
Feb 11, 2011
82 posts
33 upvotes
Ordered the Men's EverTherm Down Stretch Hoodie a month ago at the last clearance sale... said backordered until end of Sep. Just checked order status and tells me order not found. :rolleyes:
Apr 23, 2008
264 posts
129 upvotes
Ottawa
Eddie Bauer has declared bankruptcy several times in the last 10 years so it is unsurprising that their warranty has changed and is no longer as generous. The quality of their clothing is also lower than it used to be. At one time, over half of my wardrobe came from EB, now I just have one pair of shorts (which I am wearing now actually), one shirt and my winter parka. The shorts and parka are over 20 years old. I don't think any of their current items would be as long lasting.

Personally, I would not buy any EB clothing that I did not see in person and try on.
Deal Addict
Apr 9, 2006
2223 posts
628 upvotes
YVR
Well, to be fair... it would be very tough to build a sustainable business model by selling clothing that lasts 20+ years.
Zoomer
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2451 posts
854 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
This sale is a pattern with Eddie Bauer. Every week it's either 40-50% off regular price or 40-60% off clearance price. I haven't seen them have a no sale week. This reveals how retailer's exaggerate their mark up price and use sale percentage to attract compulsive buyers. Their manufacturing cost is low and at the same time quality have been dropping.
[solicitation removed]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2381 posts
874 upvotes
North York
ax89 wrote: Eddie Bauer has declared bankruptcy several times in the last 10 years so it is unsurprising that their warranty has changed and is no longer as generous. The quality of their clothing is also lower than it used to be. At one time, over half of my wardrobe came from EB, now I just have one pair of shorts (which I am wearing now actually), one shirt and my winter parka. The shorts and parka are over 20 years old. I don't think any of their current items would be as long lasting.

Personally, I would not buy any EB clothing that I did not see in person and try on.
What brands do you depend on now? I always loved EB for the tall sizes so would be great to find other brands that do that.
Dec 8, 2008
220 posts
53 upvotes
Ottawa
I'm sorry to disagree but Eddie Bauer has NOT declared bankruptcy once let alone several times in the last ten years. They were sold out of bankruptcy in 2009. There was a time a couple years ago where they were to be sold but that fell through.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
6768 posts
3169 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
JayFleming wrote: Good to know, sitting here trying to figure if it's worth ordering the jacket again after the last attempt. Yours is the Evertherm Hoodie not the BC Jacket right? Can I ask, does the fit run smaller than normal (I saw some mentions) or can I stick with a medium?

Thanks,
Jay
It runs smaller for me.

And to be fair, all retailers are struggling.
EB still is one of the best clothing store around.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
May 8, 2002
803 posts
130 upvotes
I have an Eddie Bauer $10 rewards certificate (expires 9/28/2020) that I will not be using. Basically, $10 off anything at Eddie Bauer.

Fine Print (Valid one time only on your purchase at U.S. and Canada Eddie Bauer stores, eddiebauer.ca (if shipped to a Canada address), and through our catalogs. May not be exchanged for cash, used for credit card payments, or replaced if lost or stolen, except as required by law. May not be sold, auctioned, transferred, or combined with any other offer. VOID if altered or reproduced. Not valid on gift certificates/cards, or on prior or pending purchases. We reserve the right to cancel an order for unauthorized use. We may modify or cancel this promotion due to an error or unforeseen problems. Unused certificate amounts not payable in cash or subsequently redeemable. Cash value: 1/100 of a cent. Offers exclude custom-ordered products, sleeping bags, tents, and non-Eddie Bauer brand products. Offers at Eddie Bauer Outlet and Retail stores may vary, see store for details. Offers may not be valid in stores outside the United States. Additional exclusions may apply. Does not include and cannot be applied to previous or pending purchases, credit card balances, taxes, monogramming charges, gift cards, or gift boxes. Unless explicitly stated above, offers cannot be combined with any other offer. Offer details, including end date, are subject to change or cancellation without notice.)

Person to PM me who has >50 posts gets it. Why am I giving this away for free? 'cause sharing is caring!
Sep 21, 2007
375 posts
154 upvotes
Canada
CalgaryRunner wrote: It was $120 during the February sale - it was a smoking deal for that jacket.

Yes, mine is the Evertherm jacket with the hood - the really thin down one. I'd say it fits true to size or perhaps a little bit smaller than normal. If you want to wear it as as your only layer, your true size is probably the best bet. If you want to wear a mid-layer and use this as your top layer, size up one size.

I fall between S and M (wait, that didn't sound right . . .) and tried both on in a store. I intended to use it as my only layer and for me both sizes were OK, but the small was a better fit for me.
Is this jacket suitable as a primary winter jacket in Calgary? Some reviews state it's not warm for low temperatures. Thanks in advance.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2008
1425 posts
423 upvotes
LesDeals wrote: I'm so sorry to hear that. :-( In my experience, they have always been good about honouring their warranty and they can't change the warranty terms on you like that. So I'm surprised they sprung that on you when you purchased the item on the promise of lifetime warranty and they promised to stand behind 110% on the products they sell. I hope they don't start playing the definition game of what constitutes lifetime warranty... Smiling Face With Horns I've always trusted them to honour their warranty and the quality of their products. I'm quite shocked to hear that you've been turned away with something as simple as a backpack.

I found (to my dismay) they also changed their product guarantee on their website and it's a lot more open-ended and open for interpretation to whatever they want rather than specifying a "lifetime warranty":
Yes, I believe they told me at the time that they had sent out some email notification and posted it on their website. Their regular priced stuff is really overpriced and follow suit with most major retailers these-days, crazy high prices with regular 40-50-60 percent off sales.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
gadgetman wrote: Is this jacket suitable as a primary winter jacket in Calgary? Some reviews state it's not warm for low temperatures. Thanks in advance.
It depends on the outside temperature and your tolerance for cold, but you'd need another warmer jacket for those cold days we get sometimes. I can wear mine to down to about -10 but after that I switch to a parka. You could wear it in colder temps if you use something else as a mid-layer and this as the top layer. I will say that it is surprisingly warm considering how thin and light it is.