Expired Hot Deals

[Eddie Bauer] Eddie Bauer additional 60% off clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 8:19 pm
Dec 13, 2016
93 posts
4 upvotes
Between EverTherm Down Stretch Hoodie and MicroTherm 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket. Which will be more warmer? Which is a better pick ?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2595 posts
3526 upvotes
BC
Saiash wrote: Between EverTherm Down Stretch Hoodie and MicroTherm 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket. Which will be more warmer? Which is a better pick ?
The evertherm has a higher temp rating so it should be warmer. From what I remember it's also lighter. I like the look more of the evertherm so it was my pick (still waiting on delivery).

It most likely won't be suitable for Canadian winter's, you'll want a proper parka. I'm in BC so it doesn't get too cold or snow much where I'm at. It'll be my fall/early winter jacket.
Dec 13, 2016
93 posts
4 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: The evertherm has a higher temp rating so it should be warmer. From what I remember it's also lighter. I like the look more of the evertherm so it was my pick (still waiting on delivery).

It most likely won't be suitable for Canadian winter's, you'll want a proper parka. I'm in BC so it doesn't get too cold or snow much where I'm at. It'll be my fall/early winter jacket.
Thanks for the information !
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1662 posts
726 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
gadgetman wrote: Is this jacket suitable as a primary winter jacket in Calgary? Some reviews state it's not warm for low temperatures. Thanks in advance.
No. You have get one that's windproof. That's the main problem with many of these jackets. Yeah, they have enough insulation, but the wind just cuts right through them.

This is the one I have:

https://www.eddiebauer.ca/p/38832284/me ... d%20Indigo

This one is windproof. Works great for the weather here.

The parkas are very warm too, just very heavy.
Feb 8, 2016
50 posts
2 upvotes
Van
I might be blind and can't find it on the website but can I return clearance items if it doesn't fit?
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
774 upvotes
kiwee604 wrote: I might be blind and can't find it on the website but can I return clearance items if it doesn't fit?
Just scroll down to the bottom of the home page and click on "Returns" and then click again on "Return Policy" to see their return policy.

Edit: Here's their return policy:

Return Policy
We want you to be a happy camper. If you're not, we'll make things right. You may return any product within one year of purchase. You will get a full refund in the original payment with proof of purchase.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Dec 13, 2019
155 posts
114 upvotes
JayFleming wrote: Same, looks like the pending charge on my Paypal has vanished too...I tried to contact customer support after no activity on my previous order in August and got no reply. Great service Neutral Face
From limited experience shopping online with EB, I found their online shopping presence to be quite weak. Their main focus is on brick and mortar stores.
Dec 13, 2019
155 posts
114 upvotes
NixxonExxo wrote: This sale is a pattern with Eddie Bauer. Every week it's either 40-50% off regular price or 40-60% off clearance price. I haven't seen them have a no sale week. This reveals how retailer's exaggerate their mark up price and use sale percentage to attract compulsive buyers. Their manufacturing cost is low and at the same time quality have been dropping.
Way back many years, when EB items go on sale, you were really getting a deal since they came with a lifetime warranty as well as real quality to outlast anything -- that was seriously real value. I also have found their quality to be lacking lately and extremely inflated prices. Even sale prices are still very high and should be the "regular price". They have to be on clearance to be even worth considering, with the lack of quality these days. Plus their clearance racks aren't so good these days as well, unless you're an XL, XXL, XXXL size. It's so sad how the mighty have fallen. Crying Face
Aug 21, 2019
558 posts
358 upvotes
Markham
caltran wrote: No. You have get one that's windproof. That's the main problem with many of these jackets. Yeah, they have enough insulation, but the wind just cuts right through them.

This is the one I have:

https://www.eddiebauer.ca/p/38832284/me ... d%20Indigo

This one is windproof. Works great for the weather here.

The parkas are very warm too, just very heavy.
Second that.
Have this jacket and its been a life saver during cold days. Just layer it and you should be warm.
Apr 23, 2008
264 posts
126 upvotes
Ottawa
quazy wrote: What brands do you depend on now? I always loved EB for the tall sizes so would be great to find other brands that do that.
I'm not tall so my recommendations would likely be of no use to you but my favourite brands right now are Columbia and Lands End. To be honest, I've had some time (who hasn't?) in the past few months and have cut my wardrobe in half, donating the clothes that I no longer wear. I can't see a need to go shopping for more clothing for some time...
Nov 6, 2014
412 posts
304 upvotes
Kelowna, BC
peakingduck wrote: My evertherm finally shipped after a month!
And if you get as lucky as I was a while back the PayPal will never be reprocessed.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4640 posts
1335 upvotes
Kitchener
ax89 wrote: I'm not tall so my recommendations would likely be of no use to you but my favourite brands right now are Columbia and Lands End. To be honest, I've had some time (who hasn't?) in the past few months and have cut my wardrobe in half, donating the clothes that I no longer wear. I can't see a need to go shopping for more clothing for some time...
Lands End is still alive? I haven't heard them mentioned on these forums in years. So long ago that my lands end pants don't fit anymore.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2595 posts
3526 upvotes
BC
Bluiis48 wrote: And if you get as lucky as I was a while back the PayPal will never be reprocessed.
Lucky you! I see the pending charge but that would be sweet.