Expired Hot Deals

[Eddie Bauer] Eddie Bauer additional 60% off clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2020 8:19 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
Thundercloud wrote: Lands End is still alive? I haven't heard them mentioned on these forums in years. So long ago that my lands end pants don't fit anymore.
It looks like Lands End is still around but now ships out of the USA using BorderFree (they're owned by Pitney Bowes and I've used them many times to import other things). The problem is that you'd get murdered at customs because clothing made outside of a NAFTA country has a high rate of duty, plus you'd be charged GST, HST, etc. and probably a brokerage and handling fee. Ouch.

I don't care that Lands End is gone because back in the days when they had those crazy deals I bought enough of their clothing to last me three lifetimes, maybe even four or five lifetimes.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Jul 10, 2017
35 posts
30 upvotes
My Paypal pending charge is gone but my order is still "In Process"....initially placed on August 14th, I was assured on a live chat by support that it would ship come the 18th, we'll see.
Sep 5, 2008
603 posts
469 upvotes
Port Moody
IshfaqueR4678 wrote: The temperature rating on the products, can someone tell, how reliable are they? I bought this one
https://www.eddiebauer.ca/p/10112093/me ... size=&sp=1. This is my first winter in Edmonton. Am I going to die on this?
I could be wrong, but I believe the temperature ratings assume you are wearing a normal amount of layers underneath. You may want to layer up as the jacket doesn't look incredibly well filled and 650 fill power down is usually pretty bulky. However, a -30 rating should be pretty warm! I had this jacket, which was rated for a bit cooler temps and it was really well filled with 800 FP down and was super warm to wear (too much so). https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/388322243/ ... &rrec=true
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4178 posts
3451 upvotes
Toronto
IshfaqueR4678 wrote: The temperature rating on the products, can someone tell, how reliable are they? I bought this one
https://www.eddiebauer.ca/p/10112093/me ... size=&sp=1. This is my first winter in Edmonton. Am I going to die on this?
Says right there on the page:
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
Most important, IMHO is how sensitive you are to the cold. This weekend, the family was complaining to me how cold it was in the mornings and forced me to turn on the furnace, while I was fine with the temperature in the house.

A coat with a -30 rating may be fine for some people and not good enough for others. It's best to use it as a comparison BETWEEN coats rather than an explicit temperature rating (i.e. a coat rated -30 will be warmer than a -20 one).
Jul 10, 2017
35 posts
30 upvotes
Finally got bored of waiting after my order still didn't ship after coming back in stock, cancelled.
A ridiculous way to run a site/online ordering.
May 19, 2020
33 posts
16 upvotes
CalgaryRunner wrote: It looks like Lands End is still around but now ships out of the USA using BorderFree (they're owned by Pitney Bowes and I've used them many times to import other things). The problem is that you'd get murdered at customs because clothing made outside of a NAFTA country has a high rate of duty, plus you'd be charged GST, HST, etc. and probably a brokerage and handling fee. Ouch.

I don't care that Lands End is gone because back in the days when they had those crazy deals I bought enough of their clothing to last me three lifetimes, maybe even four or five lifetimes.
You don't get hammered by customs with lands end just pay GST and shipping is included usually. They operate same as Old navy.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2682 posts
3624 upvotes
BC
Got my evertherm stretch hoodie finally but its a bit snug.

Placed an online order for a Large and online chat adjusted it to the sale price.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2011
1067 posts
656 upvotes
Montreal
You should be ok. If it gets too cold for the jacket you just add a Fleece sweater or something hefty like that and you're good. I basically have temp ranges for my outerwear and a couple times a year I'll have to bring out the big parka.
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2008
2081 posts
775 upvotes
BudD62653 wrote: You don't get hammered by customs with lands end just pay GST and shipping is included usually. They operate same as Old navy.
Good to know. I haven't ordered from Lands End in ages so I didn't know what the deal was these days with customs for them. I just assumed it worked the same way as other companies I've dealt with that use BorderFree. I know that with the other retailers I've used before that partner with BorderFree I get dinged, but all costs are shown up front before I place the order so there are no surprises when the items are delivered.
I am not young enough to know everything - Oscar Wilde
Dec 3, 2018
109 posts
213 upvotes
The last year or so I've gotten so tired of Eddie Bauer's price shenanigans I haven't visited their stores or opened their e-mails of late. Maybe it's cause I've haven't spent much they sent me a $5 rewards code (what a joke right? I thought the lowest was $10) and then I get an e-mail the day before it expires telling me to use it before it's gone. Then the day after it expires I get another $5 reward offer in my inbox. :rolleyes:

I still don't understand why they don't play to their history/heritage more like come on, they outfitted B-9 pilots in WW2 as well the first American expedition that summited Everest.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4645 posts
1340 upvotes
Kitchener
stingyshopper wrote: I still don't understand why they don't play to their history/heritage more like come on, they outfitted B-9 pilots in WW2 as well the first American expedition that summited Everest.
History/heritage is racist now.
This space is intentionally left blank.