Shopping Discussion

Eddie Bauer: No direct line numbers to store locations??

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2019 10:09 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13263 posts
2605 upvotes
Pacific Ocean

Eddie Bauer: No direct line numbers to store locations??

Weird, just did a ton of google searches. They no longer show direct line numbers to each store location. Instead it just shows a generic 1800# to their US call center. Is EB closing in Canada?? When I contact the US call center, no one knows shit. They just keep saying it maybe the stores are closed/closing. So any1 know the deal as to what is going on?? Thx.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
10 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2877 posts
2891 upvotes
GTA
aznnorth wrote: Weird. I landed on the same page yesterday and when mousing over said locations it gave the same 1800#.
Hmm maybe new website page or redesign? Fresh set of eyes at a different time :)

I know that some stores have closed in GTA ... Ie Square One

Have you checked out any of the EB Outlet stores and are you looking for anything specific?

Don't shop their regularly altho I know now to hang on to receipts as they have an awesome return policy:

"According to the return policy tag line for Eddie Bauer, every item sold by the company is guaranteed to bring the owner satisfaction or the item can be returned for a refund."
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2003
4222 posts
3522 upvotes
Toronto
mzmoney wrote:
Don't shop their regularly altho I know now to hang on to receipts as they have an awesome return policy:

"According to the return policy tag line for Eddie Bauer, every item sold by the company is guaranteed to bring the owner satisfaction or the item can be returned for a refund."
I'm pretty sure they don't require a receipt as long as the tag shows it's an Eddie Bauer item, but it can't hurt to hold onto the receipt anyway. Others have reported on RFD that if you have problem (bad zipper, etc.) that can't be repaired correctly, they'll look at their current lineup to estimate the retail value, so they definitely don't need to see how much you originally paid for it.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2877 posts
2891 upvotes
GTA
jm1 wrote: I'm pretty sure they don't require a receipt as long as the tag shows it's an Eddie Bauer item, but it can't hurt to hold onto the receipt anyway. Others have reported on RFD that if you have problem (bad zipper, etc.) that can't be repaired correctly, they'll look at their current lineup to estimate the retail value, so they definitely don't need to see how much you originally paid for it.
Yes, I had a leather bag and the hooks for the strap broke ... I was debating about returning to buy a new bag. However since I couldn't find receipt, they valued bag so low that I decided to fix instead of getting refund or exchange.

They covered $50 for the repair :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13263 posts
2605 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
mzmoney wrote: Yes, I had a leather bag and the hooks for the strap broke ... I was debating about returning to buy a new bag. However since I couldn't find receipt, they valued bag so low that I decided to fix instead of getting refund or exchange.

They covered $50 for the repair :)
YUP, that's how EB works for warranty claims. Find someone to fix it - they pay for it with receipt. Unfortunately they dont have a warranty location in canada where EB repairs own products which sucks. Similar to my situation. My all around First Ascent BC Downlight Stormdown had a zipper fall off. It's one of those seam sealed waterproof zippers with EB logo on the pulley. Cant find those at any seamstress and even if they order it it can take 2-4 weeks from EB suppliers. So what the managers did was ship a new jacket from out west. All I have to do is swap it with my current jacket and pay ZERO!! Essentially getting a free jacket that retails $579 cad. On sale it's currently $405cad on the site. Now that's good customer service. Smiling Face With Sunglasses Electric Light Bulb Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2877 posts
2891 upvotes
GTA
@aznnorth , did you have your receipt for original jacket? Nice! New jacket for 0 :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13263 posts
2605 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
mzmoney wrote: @aznnorth , did you have your receipt for original jacket? Nice! New jacket for 0 :)
Nope and didnt matter. This was the deal. I took it asap. Just got a call today... they are shipping it from a Calgary EB store. They estimate within a week.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2018
2877 posts
2891 upvotes
GTA
aznnorth wrote: Nope and didnt matter. This was the deal. I took it asap. Just got a call today... they are shipping it from a Calgary EB store. They estimate within a week.
Did the store location link with phone #s save you a trip ... Or you still had to go in person?

It's always great when you don't need to escalate things/fight for refunds/exchanges/rebates/missing points, etc :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13263 posts
2605 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
mzmoney wrote: Did the store location link with phone #s save you a trip ... Or you still had to go in person?
Over the fone.