[Eddie Bauer] Oversized Down Throw. ON SALE AGAIN. $64.99

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 6th, 2018 10:31 am
[OP]
Nov 2, 2012
116 posts
123 upvotes

[Eddie Bauer] Oversized Down Throw. ON SALE AGAIN. $64.99

Back on sale. Edited link, thanks. Use freeship code for free shipping.

http://www.eddiebauer.ca/product/oversi ... 4%7C118167

OVERSIZED DOWN THROW

100% polyester
650-fill Premium Down for ultralight warmth
Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation. Certified by Control Union. More About RDS
Quilting holds down in place for maximum thermal efficiency
72"L x 50"W
Machine wash
Imported
Last edited by chewychewy on Feb 2nd, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
33 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
5934 posts
2121 upvotes
Toronto
How does this compare in size to a regular queen duvet / blanket? Would you use it for that, or is it just too light/thin, use it only as a throw?
Aug 2, 2016
358 posts
423 upvotes
fightbriz wrote: How does this compare in size to a regular queen duvet / blanket? Would you use it for that, or is it just too light/thin, use it only as a throw?
I think the limitation to using it as a duvet/ blanket is the smaller size for some people, 72" x 50 ". Check out the dimensions to see if it'll be too small for you or not.
Feb 16, 2011
209 posts
100 upvotes
FREESHIP code provides free shipping. Navy back in stock
Jul 19, 2005
846 posts
481 upvotes
Free shipping code doesn't work anymore :( Got one in Wine berry , love it, and was going to get another one in Ivory. Too bad :(

If you're going to get one, don't forget to use ebates 2.5%.
Aug 28, 2006
128 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
For FREESHIP to work you have to pay with a Credit Card not PayPal. Also it will activate on the shipping screen.

I used it last night to order two.
Jul 22, 2006
370 posts
497 upvotes
Eddie Bauer......if you don't buy it on sale for at least 50% off, you've paid too much. Don't get me wrong, they have some great deals, but i've noticed that their pricing practice is like Canadian Tire. Have an overinflated regular price and then mark it down by 50% or more for their very frequent "sales".

With that said, I do like the quality of Eddie Bauer and their unconditional return policy, not that i've every had to use it. Every so often they seem to throw $10 at me to use for whatever I want.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1940 posts
1158 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Yup, they used to have only two sales a year, but that's been thrown out the window. Might be as a result of the Canadian dollar though. Not sure what they used to do before the CAD$ was par.
Jul 19, 2005
846 posts
481 upvotes
eckz7 wrote: For FREESHIP to work you have to pay with a Credit Card not PayPal. Also it will activate on the shipping screen.

I used it last night to order two.
You're right! Code works now, ordered!
Aug 25, 2011
341 posts
224 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Any free shipping promo codes?

FREESHIP
Doesn't seem to work
[OP]
Nov 2, 2012
116 posts
123 upvotes
Works for me. I just tried it again. Try a different browser.
Aug 17, 2007
245 posts
225 upvotes
Thanks OP. Got one for cold days. The FREESHIP code works but you can't apply it at the first step. You have to go through the step where you choose a shipping method then apply it.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2008
1036 posts
140 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Thanks! Wanted a good blanket/throw for the living room!
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10416 posts
1733 upvotes
impulse bought. :(

anyone know if this is warm enough by itself for the winter?? if not, I will just use it for rare camping trip
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2006
1336 posts
304 upvotes
Hmm, FREESHIP code really is weird. It was accepted and then I decided to click on paypal and it went to paypal for the right amount with the $10 off shipping. When It went back to eddie bauer site, the code went invalid. Strange that it forces you to use your credit card. I have $22 sitting to be used on paypal from ebates. Now I have to transfer that to my account instead. Silly rules.
Aug 9, 2010
276 posts
286 upvotes
So...
I ordered this out of impulse buy..

I regret it.
It's soft... maybe.. but i dont like the nylon/polyester (or whatever it is) side. It slips from my couch so easily
And oversized ? damn, i can't even fully cover myself with it. My feet stick out and im 6 feet.
There are much better options for much cheaper.