Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Edifier.ca

Edifier Canada Additional 20% off ALL Certified Refurbished products

Dec 26, 2007
3 posts
CrimsonOaths wrote: Just got my R1700BTs, the active (right) speaker works fine, no dings or scratches. However, the passive (left) speaker is unusable, it connects and plays, but the volume plays at 75% less than the active speaker, which is non-existent at this point. Tried testing it by isolating the speaker by just playing the passive and active ones by themselves, and it did turn out that the passive speaker was playing a lower volume where it felt that only the active speaker is working.

Messaged their support, guess I'll see where this goes.
Received mine on Tuesday with the same defect. Contacted support on the same day, ticket got transferred to technical support but still waiting for them to contact me.
Jun 16, 2009
401 posts
156 upvotes
Calgary
kelvinchui wrote: Received mine on Tuesday with the same defect. Contacted support on the same day, ticket got transferred to technical support but still waiting for them to contact me.
Interesting, I ordered the R1850DB and I noticed the same thing initially where the active (right) sounded a bit louder than the passive (left) and thought my left ear was a problem lol . I ended up just shifting the windows balance from LR to make it match and called it good enough
Maybe I should ask them what's the deal with it too
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
turbogor wrote: Interesting, I ordered the R1850DB and I noticed the same thing initially where the active (right) sounded a bit louder than the passive (left) and thought my left ear was a problem lol . I ended up just shifting the windows balance from LR to make it match and called it good enough
Just a shot in the dark here, if the problem is common maybe it was returned to the manufacturer for this reason, could be a defect in the entire line of those speakers. Possibly why they had so much stock.
May 25, 2010
704 posts
1010 upvotes
Orillia
how did you contact support i've been going back and forth with Kay you i think her name is not very helpful

kelvinchui wrote: Received mine on Tuesday with the same defect. Contacted support on the same day, ticket got transferred to technical support but still waiting for them to contact me.
Sep 23, 2015
109 posts
130 upvotes
Well, the lady I was speaking with said that she'll send me a prepaid label. I just got it and it's being shipped back by Canpar Express. Guess I'll drop it off at one of their convenience store pick up spots and see where it goes, never used Canpar.
May 25, 2010
704 posts
1010 upvotes
Orillia
do you have there phone number?
CrimsonOaths wrote: Well, the lady I was speaking with said that she'll send me a prepaid label. I just got it and it's being shipped back by Canpar Express. Guess I'll drop it off at one of their convenience store pick up spots and see where it goes, never used Canpar.
Dec 2, 2019
178 posts
117 upvotes
JT716 wrote: From my limited research, the 1700 when compared to the 1280 is capable of going louder without distortion. It also seems that stock of various speaker sets fluctuates quite a bit throughout the day. This seems to be the case the higher the model number in general.

By monitoring the site for new refurb items I was able to purchase the Edifier T5 Powered Subwoofer refurbished for $115.20 (retails for $ 179.99) today to pair with my 1700BTs. It pays off to revisit the site from time to time to get a different selection of items to choose from if the speaker set you are looking for is currently out of stock.
Would you happen to have a link for the T5 so I can periodically refresh that page? *Edit* nvm. Yes can just open another refurb product and change the code in the url. https://edifier-online.com/ca/en/refurb ... ier-t5-ref
Jul 8, 2021
7 posts
4 upvotes
turbogor wrote: Interesting, I ordered the R1850DB and I noticed the same thing initially where the active (right) sounded a bit louder than the passive (left) and thought my left ear was a problem lol . I ended up just shifting the windows balance from LR to make it match and called it good enough
Same deal here, I got them a few months ago without the 20% off. There's is suppose to be 1 year warranty on these refurbs.
Nov 7, 2017
471 posts
1097 upvotes
Thanks OP! Ordered a 1280 DBS black today!
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2005
1105 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is the R1280T (Certified Refurbished) any good? It comes to $80+ tax. I have an Asus Essence STX dedicated sound card.
Sep 2, 2018
273 posts
152 upvotes
iverson wrote: Is the R1280T (Certified Refurbished) any good? It comes to $80+ tax. I have an Asus Essence STX dedicated sound card.
I have them as desktop speakers and they serve the purpose. Sounds pretty good.
Dec 11, 2003
17 posts
4 upvotes
Surrey
Just got my R1700BTs' that were ordered on Wednesday. No issues with one speaker being quieter than the other as some people noticed. They appear brand new and untouched, same for the remote. It still had the original plastic on it.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2005
1105 posts
551 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Matrix07 wrote: I bought the R1280T about 2 months back and they were mint like New.
How are you liking the sound quality? Are you using dedicated sound card?

Is the R1280Ts same as the R1280T with optional subwoofer out for $4 more?
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2004
1897 posts
227 upvotes
Dieppe, NB
Just received the R1280Ts, and found it missing the speakers wires...fortunately I have plenty of copper 16AW speaker wire laying around. Nothing else was missing.

The remote had some finger smudges, but wiped clean and looks brand new!

Hooked it up and it sounds very good for the price I paid, great set of speakers and very good for desktop use.

There were no issues with the balance settings etc. works great, would definitely recommend for the sale/promo price.
Sep 23, 2015
109 posts
130 upvotes
CrimsonOaths wrote: Just got my R1700BTs, the active (right) speaker works fine, no dings or scratches. However, the passive (left) speaker is unusable, it connects and plays, but the volume plays at 75% less than the active speaker, which is non-existent at this point. Tried testing it by isolating the speaker by just playing the passive and active ones by themselves, and it did turn out that the passive speaker was playing a lower volume where it felt that only the active speaker is working.

Messaged their support, guess I'll see where this goes.
Well, I found out what was wrong with my passive (left) speaker. The treble speaker (smaller diaphragm drum on the top) was working, but the base speaker (the bigger diaphragm drum in the middle) is not playing. When putting my hand on it, I can't feel the beats or vibration while being connected, so I assume the speaker part inside is detached or something. Regardless, I'm sending it back tomorrow, will see how it goes and hopefully the replacement is better.
Sep 2, 2018
273 posts
152 upvotes
iverson wrote: How are you liking the sound quality? Are you using dedicated sound card?

Is the R1280Ts same as the R1280T with optional subwoofer out for $4 more?
I have those connected to my Monitor Aux which is powered by a Lenovo Work Laptop, Macbook Air and Roku. Sound all across is good. I tested the Bose Companion 2 and Edifiers and Edifiers are much better than those Bose.
The S model has the subwoofer out.
Mar 18, 2011
70 posts
85 upvotes
I got myself the S2000 Pro and am super happy with them. Really well balanced, great clarity in the highs and mids. Bass is super well textured, really responsive (good attack and fall-off), and perfect for apartment/condo living. Especially if you dont want to rattle the surrounding units with lazy, woofy subwoofer setups
Jan 14, 2007
286 posts
118 upvotes
Matrix07 wrote: I have those connected to my Monitor Aux which is powered by a Lenovo Work Laptop, Macbook Air and Roku. Sound all across is good. I tested the Bose Companion 2 and Edifiers and Edifiers are much better than those Bose.
The S model has the subwoofer out.
Most of the speakers should sound better than a Bose speaker.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)