287 upvotes
Mississauga

Certified Refurbished Speakers 20% off + 16% off, FS >$99

Deal Link:
Savings:
36% off
Retailer:
Edifier
Great deal if you are in the market for a good pair of speakers, especially considering the new units are much more pricier thanks to the global logistics issue. Subscribe to the site and you should receive a 16% off coupon in your email. As mentioned in another thread the site is run by the same company that ships out edifier site orders.

e.g. R1280T $139.99+TAX brand new, ~$67 + 9.99 shipping refurbished, that's almost 50% off. Pretty sweet deal if you don't mind refurbished items. Add to more than $99 and get free shipping.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 11.57.12 AM.png
78 replies
Jun 6, 2008
332 posts
101 upvotes
Signed up for the email... waiting for it.

Looking at the M3600D. I have a set of (extremely old) Creative speakers connected to my PC... they are well overdue for replacement. These look like a perfect option.

Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2512 posts
1150 upvotes
Does anyone know if any of these edifier speakers go into low power sleep mode?

I'm currently using an old 5.1 sphereX speaker system with my PC and it draws a lot of power even when "off" (equivalent to 60w bulb). So I've been unplugging the speakers everytime I leave the room. it's a pita cause i have to reset the EQ after every power-on. I know, it's a stupid reason to replace speakers... but I figure the sphereX should be retired anyways.
Mar 8, 2010
135 posts
237 upvotes
Upvoting anything Edifier (for now)

One of the few companies that actually put out products that are decent value for the money, and don't screw over Canadian shoppers.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2014
367 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga
mr_yellow wrote: Does anyone know if any of these edifier speakers go into low power sleep mode?

I'm currently using an old 5.1 sphereX speaker system with my PC and it draws a lot of power even when "off" (equivalent to 60w bulb). So I've been unplugging the speakers everytime I leave the room. it's a pita cause i have to reset the EQ after every power-on. I know, it's a stupid reason to replace speakers... but I figure the sphereX should be retired anyways.
You seem to have a subwoofer that's always ON. Otherwise there's no way it can draw 60watts.
These Edifiers with digital class D amps draw very little power when they are not playing. For the subwoofer units I believe they enter sleep mode when no signal is detected but not 100% sure.
Oct 1, 2020
806 posts
1679 upvotes
Are these appropriate for a TV? I'm deciding whether to do soundbar or small bookshelf speakers.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16290 posts
4094 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
EmpressLisaSu wrote: Are these appropriate for a TV? I'm deciding whether to do soundbar or small bookshelf speakers.
Yes.

I have two sets, one 1750db, and R2000DB, and both blow my other speakers away in sound quality..
[OP]
Feb 10, 2014
367 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga
EmpressLisaSu wrote: Are these appropriate for a TV? I'm deciding whether to do soundbar or small bookshelf speakers.
Make sure you get one with optical input. A lot of TV's don't have headphone jack anymore.
Oct 1, 2020
806 posts
1679 upvotes
fayfayfay wrote: Make sure you get one with optical input. A lot of TV's don't have headphone jack anymore.
I got the R1700BTs with the component out for my TV. I THINK it should work right?
Nov 12, 2014
37 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any recommendations for someone who doesn’t know about speakers? Just to use for casually streaming movies and gaming.
[OP]
Feb 10, 2014
367 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga
EmpressLisaSu wrote: I got the R1700BTs with the component out for my TV. I THINK it should work right?
Do you mean RCA out? (red and white connectors and make sure they are OUTPUT not input)
If your TV has RCA out then yes you are good.
Can't remember when's the last time I saw a TV with those.
Oct 24, 2019
658 posts
991 upvotes
Edmonton
They "look" great but I have been fooled before.
Now I have testing equipment and can see the real frequency response of speakers in my room.
Oct 1, 2020
806 posts
1679 upvotes
fayfayfay wrote: Do you mean RCA out? (red and white connectors and make sure they are OUTPUT not input)
If your TV has RCA out then yes you are good.
Can't remember when's the last time I saw a TV with those.
GG. My TV had composite in but no RCA out. I thought it was interchangable, oops.
Jan 26, 2021
26 posts
12 upvotes
What do you guys think about Edifier d12? Can be a good soundbar for TV?
Mar 26, 2015
228 posts
88 upvotes
Richmond, BC
weedb0y wrote: Yes.

I have two sets, one 1750db, and R2000DB, and both blow my other speakers away in sound quality..
I got a 1750 on order being shipped, do you think the 2000 is much more worth it? Being another $80-90
Jan 26, 2021
26 posts
12 upvotes
I have r1280DBS and I'm happy with it. I've ordered D12, if my tv doesn't support RCA I'm gonna use 1280 with my TV. Thanks!
Sep 4, 2008
886 posts
326 upvotes
New Westminster
fayfayfay wrote: You seem to have a subwoofer that's always ON. Otherwise there's no way it can draw 60watts.
These Edifiers with digital class D amps draw very little power when they are not playing. For the subwoofer units I believe they enter sleep mode when no signal is detected but not 100% sure.
I have the r1850db and I always turn it off with the remote after using... Is that considered unnecessary? Would it go from very little draw to even less draw? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Deal Addict
May 13, 2005
2001 posts
1171 upvotes
Toronto
mr_yellow wrote: Does anyone know if any of these edifier speakers go into low power sleep mode?

The Edifier 2.0s do not have a sleep mode that I know of. It does remember your EQ settings though. Not sure for the subwoofer speakers.

Personally, I have a smart plug to power off my speakers to stop the power draw.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (1 member and 0 guests)

debunn