Expired Hot Deals

[Edifier.com] Edifier R1010BT Powered Bluetooth Speakers $62.49

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 2:53 pm
Jul 29, 2003
699 posts
26 upvotes
I bought a pair with a $25 amazon gift card. Been looking for another good set of BT speakers. Seems like a no brainer.
Sep 16, 2011
141 posts
130 upvotes
Lethbridge
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 1:47 pm
I ordered mine yesterday, still no movement from Amazon , says Arriving 23 Apr - 1 May , probably back ordered..
I cancelled my order yesterday because it was slow to process a delivery date. I think you're right. Luckily I had a change of heart anyways, going to save up for a better set.
Mar 7, 2011
65 posts
52 upvotes
Montréal
Munged wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 2:19 pm
I can't say I'm too impressed, the bass is sort of boomy and not very clear, and the mids/highs are sort of lacking. But for the price, they sound alright. I can't really complain. I mean, I can complain, and just did. But shouldn't complain too much. What can you expect for $62.50? It doesn't look like I got charged PST either.

If you're looking to save money or step up from portable speakers or cheap computer speakers, go for it. If you're hoping for good sound quality, you might want to increase your budget.
My first impression was pretty much like yours, they felt really underwhelming with flat mids and no highs. I didn't have a lot of time to play with them, but using an equalizer and changing the settings a bit seems to bring them alive.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
7963 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
Are these okay to use as computer speakers? Most computer speakers I've seen are magnetically shielded, which I don't think this is. Does that matter?
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3801 posts
980 upvotes
Vancouver
appleb wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:16 pm
Are these okay to use as computer speakers? Most computer speakers I've seen are magnetically shielded, which I don't think this is. Does that matter?
Magnetic shielding was required for use next to CRT type monitors.

I don't believe it is an issue with LCD monitors.

Try a magnet near your monitor.

Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
567 posts
223 upvotes
seriosbrad wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 3:41 pm
I cancelled my order yesterday because it was slow to process a delivery date. I think you're right. Luckily I had a change of heart anyways, going to save up for a better set.
Mine got shipped... received the shipment email an hour ago...also i would suggest you to order this back and try it out...you will surely like this system for $62....test it out in 30days ...and you can always return for full refund....if Amazon doesn't provide you with return lable... Contact Edifier customer service directly and they will... it's a perfect system with inbuild amp and woofers with a sexy look for $62
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8608 posts
1661 upvotes
Montreal, QC
SSJChar wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 2:35 pm
got mine in the mail today. hopeing to attach an amazon echo dot to it with the 3.5mm jack and perhaps bluetooth with an iphoner. fingas crossed its not too bad doing both
You can BT into the Echo, and the Echo can also BT out, depends if the speakers are always on, may be handy to do the opposite.

Keep in mind speakers needs some breaking in
Sep 15, 2015
675 posts
570 upvotes
Abbotsford
NewsyL wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 4:46 pm
Magnetic shielding was required for use next to CRT type monitors.

I don't believe it is an issue with LCD monitors.

Try a magnet near your monitor.

Its very important to use the biggest magnet you can get your hands on.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1628 posts
125 upvotes
GVR
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 5:21 pm
Mine got shipped... received the shipment email an hour ago...also i would suggest you to order this back and try it out...you will surely like this system for $62....test it out in 30days ...and you can always return for full refund....if Amazon doesn't provide you with return lable... Contact Edifier customer service directly and they will... it's a perfect system with inbuild amp and woofers with a sexy look for $62
Far as I can tell buyer is responsible for return shipping costs, would be close to half the cost.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
8608 posts
1661 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Yep on the latest nightly build of LineageOS, dual channel is enabled and I can also turn on SBC HD in the BT device settings, noice!
Banned
Jan 28, 2018
382 posts
383 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any suggestions for a cheapish floor stand?

In the meantime I'll try to break these in a bit.
My wallet got depression and my imaginary GF left me because of RFD 😢
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10440 posts
1351 upvotes
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Apr 12th, 2019 5:21 pm
r u sure buyer is responsible for return shipping costs?

it is not fulfilled by Amazon, that's why I didn't pull the trigger
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Aug 8, 2009
179 posts
125 upvotes
Bought these. Steal for the price.

HEADS UP - I had the volume control issue via bluetooth.

FIX - uncheck "Media Volume Synch" under bluetooth advanced. Cheers
Nov 13, 2014
40 posts
39 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
These vs the Bose companion 2 series 3?

Already have the Bose off kijji. I'm seriously surprised at the song quality of the Bose.