Expired Hot Deals

[Edifier.com] Edifier R1010BT Powered Bluetooth Speakers $62.49

  • Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2019 3:34 am
Newbie
Nov 13, 2014
66 posts
139 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Ugh........

I don't know how I feel about these so far.

For 60$ These are really solid, with bluetooth.

But the Bose Companion speakers I had where better high def sound , and where not as muddy. These sound muddy as hell.

Anyone got any tuning advice for these?

No clue how to configure the settings to get clearer mids and treble.
Member
User avatar
Jun 16, 2009
237 posts
109 upvotes
Calgary
Alkhemist wrote: Ugh........

I don't know how I feel about these so far.

For 60$ These are really solid, with bluetooth.

But the Bose Companion speakers I had where better high def sound , and where not as muddy. These sound muddy as hell.

Anyone got any tuning advice for these?

No clue how to configure the settings to get clearer mids and treble.

!!! I feel the exact same way as you about how 'muddy' it sounds and its not as clear as I had hoped. I hooked them up to my computer and still trying to tweak for it to sound like what I have been used to with my 2.1 logitech speakers
Hm..
Newbie
Nov 13, 2014
66 posts
139 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
turbogor wrote: !!! I feel the exact same way as you about how 'muddy' it sounds and its not as clear as I had hoped. I hooked them up to my computer and still trying to tweak for it to sound like what I have been used to with my 2.1 logitech speakers
Hm..
Really annoying. Can't believe they where 120+. .

Anyone reading this , trust me this isn't an audiophile review, it's super muddy. Don't know what to do kind of annoyed.
Newbie
Mar 7, 2011
27 posts
14 upvotes
Ottawa
Ordered on 14 April and finally got it today... The box is quite beat up and dirty though... It looks like it has been tossed and slided around... Hope it is okay inside... I will open it later tonight...
IMG_20190424_184125.jpg
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 19, 2010
1238 posts
342 upvotes
YYC
These sound like crap! What a waste of money
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
508 posts
193 upvotes
Toronto
johnnytangho wrote: I'd contact Canpar. Def not normal.

I've had problems with CanadaPost tracking updates recently but I'd rather deal with them than Canpar or Purolator who don't even have a pickup location near me.
Hi Johnny,

We're sorry to hear that there are not any Purolator service point in your area. If you miss a delivery, please do not hesitate to contact us. We'll be pleased to schedule another delivery for you.

Regards,
James // Social Media Coordinator // www.purolator.com
Email: customer.care@purolator.com
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Jr. Member
Mar 7, 2011
135 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
Importz wrote: These sound like crap! What a waste of money
Edifier is trying to be high end and most high end speakers have a flat profile (which majority of population would not like).... Idea is you start flat, and you modify it from that point if you want with an equalizer... Most people hate a flat profile nowadays because industry is boosting the highs and bass of speakers/ headphones with the equalizer set flat (too many devices now don't have an equalizer... people just use their phone and speakers/headphones).... With this speaker since they took away the treble dial, they would sound muddy to most... Only option is to boost with a digital equalizer on your PC or phone.... I think you can find an equalizer that has custom settings depending on the device you connect too.... So each speaker set has it's own custom equalizer settings...

It's no different with TV sets. They all boost the colors and saturation way too high. I have a friend who bought a $4000 OLED TV set and decided to have it calibrated so that he could see it in all it's glory.... They came to his house and calibrated it, and in his opinion, they broke it.... He said they turned a $4000 TV set into a $200 TV set.... he set it back to the default settings and as soon as he did that, he loved his new TV set. Bottom line is if you tried to sell a TV set now with true colors/saturation.... it would not sell... But if you watched it... you would get used to it... might even prefer it in time.
Newbie
Dec 11, 2010
96 posts
18 upvotes
Salmon Arm
rf34as wrote: Edifier is trying to be high end and most high end speakers have a flat profile (which majority of population would not like).... Idea is you start flat, and you modify it from that point if you want with an equalizer... Most people hate a flat profile nowadays because industry is boosting the highs and bass of speakers/ headphones with the equalizer set flat (too many devices now don't have an equalizer... people just use their phone and speakers/headphones).... With this speaker since they took away the treble dial, they would sound muddy to most... Only option is to boost with a digital equalizer on your PC or phone.... I think you can find an equalizer that has custom settings depending on the device you connect too.... So each speaker set has it's own custom equalizer settings...

It's no different with TV sets. They all boost the colors and saturation way too high. I have a friend who bought a $4000 OLED TV set and decided to have it calibrated so that he could see it in all it's glory.... They came to his house and calibrated it, and in his opinion, they broke it.... He said they turned a $4000 TV set into a $200 TV set.... he set it back to the default settings and as soon as he did that, he loved his new TV set. Bottom line is if you tried to sell a TV set now with true colors/saturation.... it would not sell... But if you watched it... you would get used to it... might even prefer it in time.
This is a good point, out of the box I was underwhelmed, but the used the EQ on my iPhone on the ROCK preset and for my tastes was way better.
Member
Mar 1, 2017
257 posts
51 upvotes
Missed the deal on these - $99 on amazon.

Do they go on sale often? Still a good deal at $99 or no?
Jr. Member
Mar 7, 2011
135 posts
112 upvotes
Toronto
SP2010 wrote: This is a good point, out of the box I was underwhelmed, but the used the EQ on my iPhone on the ROCK preset and for my tastes was way better.
Their are apps that let you customize the equalizer for each device you listen too.... Then it just toggles with the device.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Apr 5, 2009
177 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
Hi i don't know what i'm doing but i can't control the volume with my TV remote. I switched the TV options to audio system instead of TV speakers but that didn't work. The volume works fine on the TV but just can't adjust it with the remote, not sure how you others are able to do it? I didn't have problems controlling the volume on my phone when connecting through bluetooth.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Jun 15, 2011
40090 posts
6046 upvotes
King City
Any recommended brand of speaker wire that won’t break the bank? Don’t want a huge length of speaker wire either.
Proud to be an Indian.
__________________________________________________________________________
Incident/Cyber Breach Response|Malware Analyzer|Threat Intellligence
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 9, 2006
1041 posts
172 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn having total buyers remorse...this speakers are highly overrated...can't believe their regular price...way too much bass too muddy...i was waiting for a year to buy a decent set of bluetooth speakers...feel like some portable ones are louder than these....dohhh
Member
User avatar
Nov 27, 2003
357 posts
34 upvotes
My speakers just arrived, but there was no update to the delivery page on the Edifier site.
I'll be setting them up tonight and testing them out. I hope the reports of too much muddy bass doesn't affect mine.
Newbie
Nov 27, 2009
33 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a Sony SA-WMSP75 subwoofer (active powered) for $20 at my local thrift store. Plugged the red and white RCA cables into the back of the Edifier main speaker and then one of these (red one) into the back of the subwoofer (has a single line input only) and seems to work great. Not sure if it would be better if I used wires to a single RCA like this:

https://www.amazon.com/CablesOnline-Spe ... ics&sr=1-3

Regardless, pretty happy for a <100 setup.

Thks for your help.

Ridinginoffice7 wrote: This is what I did previously

I build my budget friendly a 2.2 system as follows for $130ish which has a 10inch active woofer and a 5.25inch passive woofer and Bookshelfs each has inbuilt 4'inch woofers and 2inch tweeters

From Best Buy:
Bought these $90 Active speakers, they have inbuilt amp and both has 4inch woofers and 2inch tweeters (*which is far better than center channel)

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ed ... 57975.aspx?

Visited Thrift Store near by and
1) picked up a Onkyo Active 10Inch Subwoofer downward firing for $15
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-speakers/city-o ... nFlag=true
2) picked up a passive 5.25inch subwoofer (Samsung)- $15 (one can easily find many 5.25inch passive subwoofers in Thrift stores easily various brands)

Without using any Amp I connected my 2.2 (.2 are both woofers)

On my Tv i used 3.5male to two 3.5female adaptor
Now the connections,
1) Edifiers speakers to my Tv using 3.5aux to RCA cable and then through edifiers speaker output port I run a wire connection to power 5.25"inch passive Subwoofer
2) From TV - I used a 3.5male to RCA cable to my Active 10Inch woofer (*directly)- this does not require a separate amp, as active subwoofers has in-built amp

Have no issues and my house is literally shaking...the edifiers tweeters are soo good on mid's and highs and woofers only provide bass when its needed ( I am having a Premium experience) I spent like $130 or so incl everything (cables etc)

I took advantage by visiting Thrift stores and picking up Subwoofers and glad that I got this huge tall 10inch woofer for $15

Tip: Key is to pick up Active and Passive Subwoofer' s from Thrift Stores nearby for less than $20ish and hook them up with TV and Active Bookshelfs, with 10'inch Active Subwoofer is the Best among all, or atleast a 8'inch active..... Passive subwoofers are mostly 5.25"inches, bookshelfs speakers has 4inch woofers in-built

So in my 2.2 setup I basically have 4 Subwoofers 1.) Two- 4inch Woofers (built into edifiers bookshelfs) , 2.) One 5.25inch passive woofer and 3.) One 10Inch Active Woofer

The more the woofer's the more premium sound you will have

Top