Expired Hot Deals

[Edifier.com] Edifier R1010BT Powered Bluetooth Speakers $62.49

  • Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2019 3:34 am
Newbie
Jan 13, 2017
19 posts
49 upvotes
Received these nearly a week ago now and so far not impressed at all with the sound quality. I've messed around with the EQ on my phone for some time now trying to improve the sound but each song needs tweaking which is more work than I'm willing to provide. Hopefully I can recoup some money by tossing them on Kijiji. Solid build quality but do not deliver sound wise.
Newbie
Jul 20, 2006
31 posts
3 upvotes
I haven't had a chance to unbox it until now, but I can't switch the speakers to bluetooth mode. Green light is on when I powered it on, pressed the volume/master button but it's still green light. Device can't "see" it for pairing. I tried turning it on/off, pressed or held the button for 3 sec or even 20+ sec, but it's always green light.

Anyone encountered similar issue? How can I switch to bluetooth mode?
[OP]
Member
Nov 3, 2005
287 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
pigacc wrote: I haven't had a chance to unbox it until now, but I can't switch the speakers to bluetooth mode. Green light is on when I powered it on, pressed the volume/master button but it's still green light. Device can't "see" it for pairing. I tried turning it on/off, pressed or held the button for 3 sec or even 20+ sec, but it's always green light.

Anyone encountered similar issue? How can I switch to bluetooth mode?
I think others mentioned that they had pressed the button for too long, so maybe try just tapping it to switch to Bluetooth mode? It's more like a toggle than a press and hold thing if that makes sense...
Newbie
Jul 20, 2006
31 posts
3 upvotes
Puissance wrote: I think others mentioned that they had pressed the button for too long, so maybe try just tapping it to switch to Bluetooth mode? It's more like a toggle than a press and hold thing if that makes sense...
Yes, I tried that too, just press-and-release, but it's still "green". This is the first thing I tried. Then, the manual says if you can't pair, then press-and-hold, which I also tried (it doesn't say how long to hold, so I tried several times, ranging from a 1-2 sec to 20+ sec, but it's the same) Disappointed But Relieved Face
[OP]
Member
Nov 3, 2005
287 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
pigacc wrote: Yes, I tried that too, just press-and-release, but it's still "green". This is the first thing I tried. Then, the manual says if you can't pair, then press-and-hold, which I also tried (it doesn't say how long to hold, so I tried several times, ranging from a 1-2 sec to 20+ sec, but it's the same) Disappointed But Relieved Face
Ohh, sounds like it might be defective then... Hopefully their customer service and warranty is good.
Jr. Member
Jun 26, 2005
187 posts
121 upvotes
pigacc wrote: I haven't had a chance to unbox it until now, but I can't switch the speakers to bluetooth mode. Green light is on when I powered it on, pressed the volume/master button but it's still green light. Device can't "see" it for pairing. I tried turning it on/off, pressed or held the button for 3 sec or even 20+ sec, but it's always green light.

Anyone encountered similar issue? How can I switch to bluetooth mode?
It's just a quick push of the volume knob. Maybe half a second tops. You should hear a click and it should switch the light from green to blue.

Top