Expired Hot Deals

[Edifier.com] Edifier R1010BT Powered Bluetooth Speakers $62.49

• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2019 3:34 am
Dec 7, 2012
261 posts
233 upvotes
Kelowna
Lone_Prodigy wrote: The 1280T is $79.99 on PC Canada but has $9 shipping.

https://www.pc-canada.com/item/R1280T.html
That's definitely a good deal as well (regularly $124.99CDN at Amazon.ca), but it doesn't have Bluetooth functionality, which might matter to most people in this thread.

The equivalent model of the R1280T with Bluetooth is the R1280BD, which is $162.49 on Amazon.ca.
Feb 28, 2017
273 posts
531 upvotes
Alright fck it, in for one. Bought one on amazon. thx OP
Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI Tomahawk Max B450 | G Skill Trident Z 16 GB DDR4 3600 | Deepcool Castle 240 RGB V2 | EVGA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra | EVGA SuperNOVA G1+ 750 W 80+ Gold | LG GL83A-B 1440p 144Hz

Complete build : https://pcpartpicker.com/b/9mGcCJ
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2018
1282 posts
599 upvotes
zdpz wrote: No, because you need something that provides the audio signal processed for Atmost, and then something that has to codec to decode the signal. Speakers dont play any role unless they are delayed firing speakers meant to simulate ceiling speakers.
Oh is it....i was expecting to have a surround sound Dolmby Atmos type experience with different sets od Edifiers i have
Jan 17, 2017
133 posts
48 upvotes
Regina
djdk80 wrote: Just got them and tested .
Answer is No
But to reconnect.....there is nothing you have to do with the speaker? It will just show up on your bluetooth list on your phone and connect to it when you select it?

Thx.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2012
3129 posts
1836 upvotes
Kitchener
I always need to resist the urge to click on speaker links.

I am so weak and ashamed of myself.... Crying Face
How can we fly like eagles, when we're governed by Turkeys?
Jul 17, 2012
675 posts
256 upvotes
Kamloops
SoundlessWalker wrote: Thanks OP & @MikeB84225, managed to order on BestBuy and Price Beat via Amazon since they wouldn't price beat with Edifier since it had "Limited Time Offer" slapped on it.

Total came out to $55.74 (excl taxes)

Ebates is 2.5% on Speakers at BB currently as well.
so that is now a good deal lol.

i am never into speakers as much as headphones. i know older people love speakers if you look at canuck audio the speakers section is the highest click rate. i am perfectly happy with my kanto yaro2, that one is 180 bucks from staples a few years ago, real deal kind of speaker with MTF enclosure and a nice dac. wonder how this one compares. bluetooth from my observation always sound a bit muffled vs wifi stream capable type of speakers. Aptx is pretty good, i recently got an Astell Kern XB10 that is quite impressive little APTX broadcast bluetooth device.
Dec 7, 2012
261 posts
233 upvotes
Kelowna
Ridinginoffice7 wrote: Oh is it....i was expecting to have a surround sound Dolmby Atmos type experience with different sets od Edifiers i have
You'd never be able to attain a proper surround sound environment splitting the 3.5mm output from your TV no matter how many speakers you use. You're essentially splitting a single stereo output every time to multiple stereo outputs.

If you used the 5-way splitter a poster linked you earlier, you could have 5 sets of speakers connected to your TV, but each set would still output its own stereo source. Even if you took every left-channel speaker from each of those 5 sets and placed them around the left side of your listening environment and then did the same with every right-channel speaker from each speaker set on the right side of your listening environment, every set is still outputting stereo sound at the same time, so there is no spatial sound beyond that single stereo feed that you've multiplied 5-ways.

What you're looking to achieve isn't possible with the equipment you have.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
13196 posts
2897 upvotes
I am at the border line wherher to pull the trigger

I am waiting for the item to go OOs
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9314 posts
1970 upvotes
Winnipeg
suppose their doing 50% sales off each model one at a time........

Thats why I haven't jumped straight in. I want the 1280BD@50% off

No I am not going to order this. Not gonna do it! not gonna do it!

Its only 63 bucks tho

........and I could easily pair them to a firetv and its always on anyway. It would be way better than a same price 2 channel sound bar.

No not doing it! not doing it!!!
Dec 7, 2012
261 posts
233 upvotes
Kelowna
lead wrote: suppose their doing 50% sales off each model one at a time........

Thats why I haven't jumped straight in. I want the 1280BD@50% off

No I am not going to order this. Not gonna do it! not gonna do it!

Its only 63 bucks tho
What makes you think they're cycling through their lineup with a sale?

Either way, you could always order these through Amazon to secure the deal now, leave them unopened in the box, and then wait and see if the model you want comes on sale. If it does within 30 days, return the unopened set to Amazon for a full refund and then order the model you were waiting for.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9314 posts
1970 upvotes
Winnipeg
Wallzii wrote: What makes you think they're cycling through their lineup with a sale?
Blind Delusional unwavering wishful reasoning........duh!
Dec 7, 2012
261 posts
233 upvotes
Kelowna
lead wrote: Blind Delusional unwavering wishful reasoning........duh!
That's what I figured. Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes