• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 2:53 pm
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
10447 posts
1353 upvotes
Wallzii wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 7:11 pm
What makes you think they're cycling through their lineup with a sale?

Either way, you could always order these through Amazon to secure the deal now, leave them unopened in the box, and then wait and see if the model you want comes on sale. If it does within 30 days, return the unopened set to Amazon for a full refund and then order the model you were waiting for.
This is not fullfilled by Amazon so do we need to pay for return shipping?
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Mar 5, 2016
27 posts
15 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Jaytee wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 4:44 pm
Oh no, thats what I have.
Sorry to worry you bud, I got mine and volume control from my phone works fine.
[OP]
Nov 3, 2005
187 posts
185 upvotes
Toronto
Got mine today! It was fulfilled by Amazon when I placed the order.

I had a pair of R1280T's before I gave them to my parents to use as TV speakers. Out of the box with the bass knob centered, the very lows of the R1010BT's sounded boosted. It's not overly muffled, but it's noticeable on certain songs. The R1280T's seemed to have better clarity, so if Bluetooth functionality is not needed, then I would recommend the R1280T's that someone had posted earlier available at CC for $79.99. There is a knob for adjusting bass though, so you can manually balance it to your liking. The volume knob felt cheap and was sensitive, so I couldn't set it to a very low volume on the speakers themselves, but I just left it around 25% and adjusted the volume on my Chromecast Audio. It is capable of getting really loud and can easily fill a condo with music. They look cool with the grill off, too. Overall, for the price, I'm happy with the purchase and will be keeping them.

Frequency response curve from the box:
P_20190410_185710_vHDR_Auto.jpg
May 5, 2013
354 posts
220 upvotes
NORTH YORK
saving money for Edifier S1000DB or S2000pro ( both support aptX connectivity).
Jun 15, 2011
39158 posts
5746 upvotes
King City
Ordered mine too. Thanks OP! Got it via Amazon
The One and Only and Proud to be an Indian.
If I helped in any way, click that cool little "Thanks" button.
Sep 16, 2011
143 posts
131 upvotes
Lethbridge
Damn, didn't even notice my order wasn't fullfilled by Amazon. Hope I don't run into any issues dealing with Edifier down the road.
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
567 posts
223 upvotes
Puissance wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 9:41 pm
Got mine today! It was fulfilled by Amazon when I placed the order.

I had a pair of R1280T's before I gave them to my parents to use as TV speakers. Out of the box with the bass knob centered, the very lows of the R1010BT's sounded boosted. It's not overly muffled, but it's noticeable on certain songs. The R1280T's seemed to have better clarity, so if Bluetooth functionality is not needed, then I would recommend the R1280T's that someone had posted earlier available at CC for $79.99. There is a knob for adjusting bass though, so you can manually balance it to your liking. The volume knob felt cheap and was sensitive, so I couldn't set it to a very low volume on the speakers themselves, but I just left it around 25% and adjusted the volume on my Chromecast Audio. It is capable of getting really loud and can easily fill a condo with music. They look cool with the grill off, too. Overall, for the price, I'm happy with the purchase and will be keeping them.

Frequency response curve from the box:
P_20190410_185710_vHDR_Auto.jpg
Please post pictures with grill off...i want to see how sexy they look naked from from
Feb 26, 2015
110 posts
65 upvotes
So to compared to other bluetooth speakers without ATPX protocol they sound pretty decent to the average listener, especially for the money?
Having little use for them in the near future, I'd be happier to wait for a year or two and spend $50-100 then to get a speaker set that sounded noticeably closer to the original sound file.
In other words: Are these likely to become throw away when a superior set for a comparable price comes out in the next few years?
Bluetooth has come a long way in the last few years and with ATPX being advertised as lossless, I think I'd be pretty happy going with that level and ignoring future bells and whistles.
I'm not an audiophile, but I can definitely note the audio sacrifice that comes with $30 wireless bluetooth earbuds.
Dec 7, 2012
204 posts
190 upvotes
Kelowna
Phreman wrote:
Apr 10th, 2019 11:44 pm
So to compared to other bluetooth speakers without ATPX protocol they sound pretty decent to the average listener, especially for the money?
Having little use for them in the near future, I'd be happier to wait for a year or two and spend $50-100 then to get a speaker set that sounded noticeably closer to the original sound file.
In other words: Are these likely to become throw away when a superior set for a comparable price comes out in the next few years?
Bluetooth has come a long way in the last few years and with ATPX being advertised as lossless, I think I'd be pretty happy going with that level and ignoring future bells and whistles.
I'm not an audiophile, but I can definitely note the audio sacrifice that comes with $30 wireless bluetooth earbuds.
I'd say the inherent loss of audio quality in your $30 wireless Bluetooth earbuds is more due to the earbud drivers themselves than the codec being used to encapsulate the audio stream.

That said, yes aptX is clearly a better codec than SBC (the standard audio codec for Bluetooth), but it definitely isn't lossless. SBC allows for a transfer rate of 320kbps, aptX 352kbps (compressed 48 kHz / 16 bit LCPM), and aptX-HD 576kbps (compressed 48 kHz / 24 bit LCPM). What is best for you depends entirely on your use case and equipment setup. If the device you'll be streaming your audio from doesn't support aptX or aptX-HD, those codecs are useless to you at the other end.

On the same notion, if your primarily streaming MP3s, AACs, or using Spotify, the difference between aptX and SBC might be nonexistent, especially on speakers in the price range we're talking about here.

If you're talking about using an actual lossless source, I'm not sure you're going to want to go Bluetooth in the first place, regardless of the codec. That, and you're definitely going to want better speakers.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
8281 posts
1386 upvotes
Winnipeg
Phreman wrote:
your getting pretty quality built speakers at a fraction of the price. These are bang for buck good speakers with their own amps matching their rated output. You should look at them for that. These will always have a home somewhere. Again a smarter buy than many soundbars in the same price range.

The extras the bt different protocols. Well I wouldn't go all in on any of those. Because they change.You would be surprised what a simple raspberry zero with dac can easily add to any set of legacy sound systems. That zero can even be upgraded with newer bt wifi software etc.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
10708 posts
1739 upvotes
With that mindset, you can always wait.... or see the price inflate.

There is no point of waiting for technology.
Phreman wrote:
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling or Threadcrapping
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2004
5617 posts
133 upvotes
Woodbridge
WOW! Just got them and all i can say is they are damn well worth the price. Absolutely no remorse here.
Images
  • 20190411_110850.jpg
I used to be indecisive. Now i'm not so sure.
Penalty Box
Oct 18, 2018
567 posts
223 upvotes
SergesPlace wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:13 am
WOW! Just got them and all i can say is they are damn well worth the price. Absolutely no remorse here.
Please can you post a picture and close up pictures without grills please...I am thinking to buy one today
Deal Fanatic
Feb 14, 2004
5617 posts
133 upvotes
Woodbridge
Ridinginoffice7 wrote:
Apr 11th, 2019 11:32 am
Please can you post a picture and close up pictures without grills please...I am thinking to buy one today
I have now attached them to my desktop. Sounds even better as i'm able to tweak the sound using an equalizer.
Images
  • 20190411_114149.jpg
I used to be indecisive. Now i'm not so sure.