Aug 27, 2011
615 posts
2032 upvotes

Edifier - Free Active Noise Cancelling Headphone with purchases over $250

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Edifier
Got this in the email...

Sounds like edifier is running a promo, purchase $250 or more and get a pair of ANC headphones for free, value at $99 on sale.
Asset 101.png
Works for the beige color
Capture.PNG
Works for black color too
Capture2.PNG

UPDATE

- I tried and it works for both the beige and black color. Please note the beige one is currently on sale for $99.97 while the black one is regular price at $199
8 replies
Aug 13, 2008
527 posts
344 upvotes
Toronto
Has anyone tried their soundbar? Or does anyone have any thoughts about using a pair of their bookshelf speakers + sub combo in lieu of a soundbar? I've been using a definitive technology soundbar and need to either buy a second one (for a second TV) or was considering like this.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2009
2392 posts
2419 upvotes
Ottawa
andrewkyng wrote: Please note the beige one is currently on sale for $99.97
Is that the real deal?
Mar 3, 2017
18 posts
13 upvotes
The Bartender wrote: Has anyone tried their soundbar? Or does anyone have any thoughts about using a pair of their bookshelf speakers + sub combo in lieu of a soundbar? I've been using a definitive technology soundbar and need to either buy a second one (for a second TV) or was considering like this.
I picked up a R1280DB set from Costco for my bedroom TV, which is too small for a soundbar. They sound great. Way better than I expected. They sound better then a cheap soundbar, and the amount of bass they put out without an external sub is impressive. Overall very happy for the price. ($159). They only issue is you have to use the remote to control volume, but that would be the case for any cheaper soundbar without HDMI.

I expect the higher end models to sound even better.
Nov 17, 2018
85 posts
91 upvotes
Got the W820BT a while back on sale and they're great headphones (not the same as listed). 80 hours of battery life was a huge plus over active noise cancellation (for me), and I believe I got them for $40 a year ago. Also, have the 1700BT speakers and love them.
Nov 13, 2018
881 posts
1958 upvotes
I got a pair of their speakers on the grand and toy sale a few years back and they're amazing quality. Edifier stuff is really great
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2006
1168 posts
1683 upvotes
Ah, my go-to beaters. W860NB

I've had 2 pairs actually, won't get into it but RMA. Got this for something like $60 due to the AMEX promotion + paypal trick.

Coles Review:
- ANC definitely not on par with Sony/Bose. Don't even expect it. Changes the sound signature a TON. BUT saving grace is that it DOES work (e.g. my use case of watching movies next to a portable air conditioner)
- ANC has a hard switch, so you can enable/disable independent of the BT entirely. I actually kind of wish my Sony XM4/WH-910N did this, except the few times I left it on and killed the headphones
- Battery life is EXCELLENT even w/ ANC on. I almost want to say my XM4s don't even hold as good of a charge same BT source/codec.
- Sound is typical for cheap-ish BT headphones. Not crackly, but definitely underwhelming considering 40mm drivers. It lacks oomph. But again, it works.
- AptX is good
- Latency not bad

Overall, Worth $60 any day of the week. $80-100 maybe not. SRP definitely not.

Any questions just ask.
Sep 18, 2020
175 posts
369 upvotes
I have the Edifier R1700BT and while there is a good amount of bass, it doesn't replace a dedicated speaker+subwoofer system.

The best way I can describe the bass of these speakers is that you can hear it but you can't feel it. Whereas with a subwoofer, you can also feel the bass. Hope that makes sense.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)