Hot Deals

[Edifier] Edifier MP700 Bluetooth Portable Speaker - $79.97 (65% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2020 7:35 pm
[OP]
Dec 9, 2001
299 posts
38 upvotes
Scarborough

[Edifier] Edifier MP700 Bluetooth Portable Speaker - $79.97 (65% off)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
65% Off
Good deal on Edifier MP700 Bluetooth Portable Speaker. 65% off MRSP of $229.

https://www.edifier.com/ca/en/speakers/mp700

Reviews from what i can find seem to be really good:

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/edifie ... 84/reviews

Looks like it also comes with a 2 year warranty and Free shipping
13 replies
Dec 13, 2017
57 posts
70 upvotes
MSRP is inflated. Currently sells on Amazon for $99, so in essence $20 off. Cancelled my order and will wait for UE Booms to go on steep discount again.
Sep 9, 2003
701 posts
504 upvotes
Crownj888 wrote: MSRP is inflated. Currently sells on Amazon for $99, so in essence $20 off. Cancelled my order and will wait for UE Booms to go on steep discount again.
Yep! I bought this refurbished for $50 April 2018 and the MSRP was listed $160 at that time. My battery life sucks but it was always bad and I assume it's because it was refurbed.

Fantastic speaker regardless! Handle makes for awkward packing up but I use it daily over AUX and am still impressed with it.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3419 posts
1721 upvotes
kfunluc wrote: My battery life sucks but it was always bad and I assume it's because it was refurbed.
Rated for "up to" 8 hours. I'm not sure how these companies evaluate battery life expectancy. My Boom2 is rated for up to 14 hours, but gives me just under 3 hours at full volume using the AUX. I thought I might have a dud so they replaced it for me and I got the same results with the second one.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15108 posts
6133 upvotes
This speaker is outstanding. It sounds better and goes louder than the Bose Soundlink Mini which is basically the gold standard for portable Bluetooth speakers. It does have the battery life/idle battery drain issue but other than that it’s hard to find anything wrong with it. It sounds better when played loud and it does not distort when played full blast.

I’ve tried a full array of Bluetooth speakers and this thing is the best. I’ve tried some pretty high end Sony speakers and also the UE Boom 2 and some of the JBL models.

$80 is a good and fair price for this. I’ve only seen it a bit cheaper at the Source at one point but they were pretty hard to find. $80 with no hassle involved is a great deal IMO.

By the way, to work around the idle battery drain issue, you need to hold the power button for 5-10 seconds when you power it off, if it’s not plugged in. I leave mine plugged in all the time.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Aug 29, 2019
29 posts
121 upvotes
Crownj888 wrote: MSRP is inflated. Currently sells on Amazon for $99, so in essence $20 off. Cancelled my order and will wait for UE Booms to go on steep discount again.
Funny, I returned my boom after I bought this for my wife. Much fuller detailed accurate sound with more than adequate battery life.
Dec 10, 2003
441 posts
337 upvotes
Vancouver #1
I have this since 2018. It get loud and clear but the bass is not booming. I have a smaller Kenwood BT speaker that has much stronger bass response. You here it but the DSP turns bass down to prevent distortion and keeps everything clean even at max volume.

The hardware is durable and water resistant so it's great for outdoors. Yes. Mine has battery drain. I've use it at BBQs from full to zero at like 50% volume. 5 hours may be? Wasn't counting that closely.

TLDR: loud and clear. Not for bass heads.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15108 posts
6133 upvotes
GammaRayFort wrote: is it smart?
https://bigthink.com/mike-colagrossi/wh ... arter-than

No, it’s not smart.
At the present time, our most advanced robots, some of which are built in Japan and also at MIT, have the collective intelligence and wisdom of a cockroach; a mentally challenged cockroach; a lobotomized, mentally challenged cockroach.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
1058 posts
53 upvotes
93civicin604 wrote: I have this since 2018. It get loud and clear but the bass is not booming. I have a smaller Kenwood BT speaker that has much stronger bass response. You here it but the DSP turns bass down to prevent distortion and keeps everything clean even at max volume.

The hardware is durable and water resistant so it's great for outdoors. Yes. Mine has battery drain. I've use it at BBQs from full to zero at like 50% volume. 5 hours may be? Wasn't counting that closely.

TLDR: loud and clear. Not for bass heads.
Sounds like we both got it from the sale at The Source, I recall that Kenwood speaker being available at the same time. Have had this speaker since 2018 and echo the sentiments here, great Bluetooth speaker with APTx to boot, makes it a good buy.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe"- Albert Einstein
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
14279 posts
2323 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Also look into JBL ones, those are superb.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15108 posts
6133 upvotes
The UE Booms sound like garbage compared to this. Zero bass output.
I am a Zoomer customer.
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15108 posts
6133 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Also look into JBL ones, those are superb.
Which ones are you talking about? I tried a couple of $100+ ones and they did not have clear sound. Lots of distortion. And they didn’t go as loud as the Edifier.
I am a Zoomer customer.