$79.99
Savings:
67%
Retailer:
Edifier
Bluetooth 4.0 and NFC

DSP & Dynamic Range Control

Battery lasts up to 8 hours

Ordered one for the $99 sale price. Very solid unit and does go loud as described. Sounds incredibly clear. Trying to get the $20 difference back now lol.

I cant imagine anything out there comparable in price. For $79 the sound and solid, hefty metal design is remarkable. Please let me know if anything out there is more impressive for this price!
Last edited by TomRFD on Apr 28th, 2020 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
10 replies
Jan 21, 2017
893 posts
287 upvotes
Pretty good bt speaker. It can get pretty loud. However, it’s not super portable given the size and weight. FYI
Nov 9, 2003
32 posts
14 upvotes
Charlottetown
I own this speaker and like it. I'm no audiophile, but I find the sound great. I don't think my battery has ever lasted as long as advertised. I use it on the back deck (plugged in). It's loud, clear and has a really sturdy feel.

It's too big to carry around daily. I use the Sony srs-xb22 daily.

Dave
Jul 4, 2012
335 posts
138 upvotes
Qc
I own a couple of these, they sound really great, good balanced sound. I had a Bang & Olufsen Beoplay A1 to compare with and found that the Edifier sounds just as good for much cheaper.
Jan 24, 2008
104 posts
120 upvotes
Great sounding speaker. Definitely not "boomy" like beats or Bose. At this price it's a steal. Audio-wise fantastic.

Caveats:
• the battery is laughably bad, it doesn't seem to hold a charge and the indicators for battery level are almost impossible to see. It frequently conks out on me.
• no track control, just volume, On/off.

I find myself often grabbing my Anker Soundcore for the hot tub b/c the battery never dies and it has track control, unfortunately the sound is nowhere near as good.
Jan 21, 2017
893 posts
287 upvotes
gofishsean wrote: Great sounding speaker. Definitely not "boomy" like beats or Bose. At this price it's a steal. Audio-wise fantastic.

Caveats:
• the battery is laughably bad, it doesn't seem to hold a charge and the indicators for battery level are almost impossible to see. It frequently conks out on me.
• no track control, just volume, On/off.

I find myself often grabbing my Anker Soundcore for the hot tub b/c the battery never dies and it has track control, unfortunately the sound is nowhere near as good.
Yeah I don’t know why the battery sucks so bad. That’s why I got rid of it because my other speaker basically rarely needs to be charged and is more portable
[OP]
Aug 16, 2018
56 posts
67 upvotes
The battery seems fine to me. Not as long as some I suppose but the sound quality and price easily make up for it. I really am impressed so far. It feels very solid. Definitely not the average speaker. It does change tracks by holding in the volume up or down button by the way.
Oct 24, 2007
911 posts
134 upvotes
BC
I bought this speaker too and it's nice if you want great sound. I wouldn't really qualify it as being "portable" though.
Dec 10, 2003
465 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver #1
I have this too. There is a battery drain issue where the battery will drain if not plugged in constantly. It get really loud and clear but not deep. Very sturdy and water resistant. Good for beach, BBQ, golfing.