Expired Hot Deals

Edifier

Edifier R1700BTs Active Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - $187 (reg. $234)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 12th, 2021 9:05 pm
[OP]
Apr 22, 2021
52 posts
101 upvotes

Edifier R1700BTs Active Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - $187 (reg. $234)

Deal Link:
Price:
$187
Savings:
20% off
Retailer:
Edifier
Thanksgiving deal on Edifier 1700BTs for 20% off. The 's' in these means that they have a dedicated sub-out port and an updated remote. The sound quality will be the same as R1700BT which goes for $203 right now.

Good deal imo. Outside of lightning deals, this is ATL for these speakers.

Also, with my last post being for Edifier deals as well, it might start to seem like I am paid to advertise this. That's not the case, I am just subscribed to Edifier deals and I love their speakers (pay me, Edifier!!!)

Ask me any questions you have.
Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? RFD Reviews has a list of the best bookshelf speakers!
23 replies
Jan 10, 2008
241 posts
261 upvotes
quebec
I just bought MP700 Bluetooth Portable @CAD $ 129.99 (has been +-70$ in the past.)
Is it a fair price @ 129 $ ?
Sep 23, 2010
760 posts
2957 upvotes
T Dot
I have some questions, not being an audiophile
  1. it doesn't look like it, but these cannot be hung on a wall, correct?
  2. Is a separate sub pretty much mandatory, otherwise there will be very little bass?
  3. Is there a noticable delay when using Bluetooth?
Tia
Feb 5, 2010
143 posts
45 upvotes
Hamilton
Can you pair these with the passive speakers on a Denon 3700h? Or is it passive speakers OR Bluetooth speakers?
Nov 20, 2013
407 posts
532 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Hmm, APTX HD, not bad Smiling Face With Sunglasses
Thanx OP!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Public Mobile customer, as well as Vancity, Novus, Modo, Evo and Endy mattress
Jul 9, 2019
669 posts
2560 upvotes
aquaman123 wrote: I have some questions, not being an audiophile
  1. it doesn't look like it, but these cannot be hung on a wall, correct?
  2. Is a separate sub pretty much mandatory, otherwise there will be very little bass?
  3. Is there a noticable delay when using Bluetooth?
Tia
Correct, you need speaker stands or put on a shelf/desk
No, these are super bassy out of box
No, would still recommend connection using supplied cables as BT has compression. I use mine as plugged in with Mac and switched to BT via remote whenever on iPhone/iPad.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5198 posts
4506 upvotes
BC
Hahahapxl wrote: Correct, you need speaker stands or put on a shelf/desk
No, would still recommend connection using supplied cables as BT has compression. I use mine as plugged in with Mac and switched to BT via remote whenever on iPhone/iPad.
Perhaps you are right as I haven't heard this model, but I do have the R2000DBs which are a step up. I would not call them super bassy. Obviously there will be no comparison to having a dedicated subwoofer, but even with my expectations at a reasonable level, the bass was just OK in my opinion.
Nov 10, 2003
738 posts
325 upvotes
Richmond
I bought the R1700BTs during the last refurbished sale and I didn't find it super bassy. Actually, I think it is not enough bass.
Feb 5, 2017
249 posts
235 upvotes
How do these compare to the S1000DB you posted before? Is the S1000DB worth the extra $100? Can't find a good comparison of the two.
Jan 1, 2013
47 posts
44 upvotes
MARKHAM
The 1700BT was going for $130.60 on Amazon for Black Friday 2020.
Nov 23, 2017
610 posts
425 upvotes
temporalstorm wrote: The 1700BT was going for $130.60 on Amazon for Black Friday 2020.
That's a different and old model. The BT doesn't have sub out, bluetooth 4.0 and also the has the old remote. These ones are an updated version and have sub out.
Jul 9, 2019
669 posts
2560 upvotes
Sunmax wrote: I bought the R1700BTs during the last refurbished sale and I didn't find it super bassy. Actually, I think it is not enough bass.
Maybe sound signature of 1700BT and BTS differs.

I have regular 1700BT from BestBuy and bass is neck to neck with my Polk Audio soundbar.
Nov 18, 2018
136 posts
146 upvotes
i wish their speakers came with a built in phono preamp.
Mar 26, 2009
21 posts
1 upvote
got this a few weeks ago and the bass is deff lacking. But sound itself is great.
Feb 10, 2014
367 posts
287 upvotes
Mississauga
brickpreviews wrote: How do these compare to the S1000DB you posted before? Is the S1000DB worth the extra $100? Can't find a good comparison of the two.
Go for the S1000DB if you have the budget and space. The reason you can’t find comparison is simply because they are not comparable. The S1000DB is on a different level. They are considerably larger in size too.
[OP]
Apr 22, 2021
52 posts
101 upvotes
snoroqc wrote: I just bought MP700 Bluetooth Portable @CAD $ 129.99 (has been +-70$ in the past.)
Is it a fair price @ 129 $ ?
I would say they are alright. I am sure they sound really good for a bluetooth speaker, but the fact that they are around 5-6 years old is a bit concerning. Just like a lot of bluetooth speakers, their sub-bass is going to be lackluster. Good in mids.
The issue is that they have Bluetooth 4.0. With aptx, it would not be that bad, but I think for that price, there are better speakers out there.

I am personally partial to Anker Soundcore Motion+. They sound amazing for the price.
I think you would not regret your purchase, but if you can cancel still, you could consider doing that.
[OP]
Apr 22, 2021
52 posts
101 upvotes
Just to add to this, they give you a dedicated sub-out port just so you can add a subwoofer and make them more bassy. They will not be bassy out of the box, but the mids are going to be amazing, like pretty much all Edifier speakers around this price.
Also, in my opinion, you will not notice a lot of compression vs wired because of aptx HD and Bluetooth 5.0. The technology has gotten really good. It would take an audiophile to notice the difference between the two, which as OP mentioned, he is not.
Jul 26, 2020
89 posts
99 upvotes
Bought a pair last sale. As long as you remember these are not meant to fill a room, you won't be disappointed!
Aug 5, 2012
145 posts
36 upvotes
Toronto
Wow i literally ordered these today on Amazon, going to see if I can cancel and order here.
Nov 10, 2003
738 posts
325 upvotes
Richmond
Hahahapxl wrote: Maybe sound signature of 1700BT and BTS differs.

I have regular 1700BT from BestBuy and bass is neck to neck with my Polk Audio soundbar.
Interesting... does Best Buy has demo model in store? Now I want to go and compare.